WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

I would give you a round of apples in person yet considering this is a screen I’ll give you :raised_hands:t2::clap:t2::raised_hands:t2::clap:t2: For claps, and I love the ending words lol

1 Like

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::+1::+1::+1::+1:.

Wasn’t suposed to break him/her. My sweet poor Ortega.
HOW DARE YOU!! Why not save her instead. Set her free like us. Show her the truth.

5 Likes

Can you please message too about this playthrough? I kept on trying unlocking this option but I couldn’t.

Sure thing! :slight_smile:

I’m not a native English speaker, but it is my more commonly used language and for some damned reason that sentence makes me want to slap someone. I’m certain I’m right about this, in this instance at least. It doesn’t make sense otherwise…

It’s akin to when they say “The Rangers “needs” you…” and I can’t tell if that’s an inflection or accent or just a mistype. If it was "but the Rangers needs you to insert action here, ok… But I read it as “The rangers need you.”

2 Likes

Oh, for that, the puppet is saying “you’ve got it bad” and asking if the person Ortega’s crushing on has it bad too.

2 Likes

So went trough the " lost my past" playthrough. Very depressing. In my opinion the most evil playthrough of them Al, or at least the scar that is closest to the dark side. Every emphatic emotion in that playthrough feels fake. Like the Mc is just lying to themselves. I wonder how it feels for those people that have this scar as cannon. Maybe it feels different.

Here are some male pronoun bugs. When playing with female Ortega, and female Mortun

Puppet invites mortun to their house

Breaking up with ortega. adieu.

3 Likes

You are indeed a evil boi if you dare break up with Ortega-Kun

9 Likes

Hey now I’m gona cry :sob::sob::sob::sob:. Happy now?

We are not evil. We’re the real hero my friend . This option was just a simulated thing in our mind. An optional path. But in reality we Al care about Ortega. Every version of us. In one way or the other. It’s just that in my case they are al tools to be used. Ever seen a puppetmaster without his puppies Same thing with Herald. We will care about him. Make him trust us. Train him. So we can use him later on. At least I will. :laughing:

3 Likes

My mc wasn’t either. Ugh! Why does Herald have to be so adorably cute? :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

no idea . and I believe asking for a set date is against the forum rules . It pressure the writers .

8 Likes

Really im sorry I wouldn’t have done it if I knew it was against the rules my bad thank you for telling me

5 Likes

Use Ortega…yeah I’m not gonna make a joke on the ways to “use” Ortega

I know righttt I don’t even think about dating Herald in the first place

4 Likes

A continuation of the last short fanfic, spoilers as well this time, no action scenes but some angst !

Summary

You can’t but feel a great weight lifted from your shoulders. Mama Ortega is safe. The Cartel is ruthless and violent, but is also the most powerful organization on both sides of the Mexican border since the great quake. And they think she’s part of the family.
Since they switched their focus from crime to dealing with the hero-drugs and boosts they’ve gained one of the greatest superpowered armies in the continent, and the farm can’t compete with that without the aid of the Army. And they’d never admit their precious experiments escaped and are wreaking havok.
“I don’t like this” Ortega says at last. He’s been behind the weel driving your jeep for 30 minutes trough hidden roads on your way back and not a word until now.
“It’s for the best. She’ll be safe here.”
“I know… it’s just… I don’t like leaving her here with all these criminals”
“You’ve got to have laws in the first place to have criminals. And the Cartel is the law here since the colapse. No one can mess with them, nor the Mexican government nor the West Coast Government. I’m not even sure the army could stop them now without a full scale war”
“All those unstable mods… almost everything in there would be illegal outside this patch of insanity”
“You can visit anytime you want. They think you’ a cousin too”
“Fabulous. Being part of the Cartel. What i always wanted. Maybe they’ll invite me the next time they want to cannodle with the Catastrofiend.”
“You know what we’r up against Ricardo.” You reply with your arms crossed. “This is the only way to make sure she’s safe”
“Yeah…” there’s a bitterness in his voice. You feel your heart sink.
It’s been rough these past weeks. Ever since the farm attacked and Ortega found out the whole picture you’ve been on the run. Temporary bases, hideouts. Charge’s reputation was obviously ruined when the media saw him and Retribution fighting together against the brotherhood. The rangers got a lot of flak about that too.
Your main concern was Ortega’s mother tough. You always knew what they were capable of and she would be a perfect target to get to the both of you.
“I just can’t figure out why didn’t you tell me back then. We could have helped you know?”
“I didn’t know whom to trust. And it would have just made you targets back then”
“Yes, and all the lying worked out so well in the end, didn’t it?”
“I’m sorry” You look down biting your lip. “You know… we can put an end to this Ricardo.”
“Oh for the love of… not this again” he rolls his eyes
“I’m serious. You hand me over to the authorities, say I controlled your mind and forced you to do all this crap. You’ll be a hero again”
“Yeah right play the martyr… Like they’d even believe something like that. I’m immune to telepathy remember ?” He glares at you
"Yes but i’m well beyond alpha level. They can’t tell what i can or cannot do!
He grumbles, exasperated "I already told you that’s not going to happen!
“Bu…”
“End of discussion!” he yells at you.
You stay silent for a few moments, but you can’t help bring it up again “But this wasn’t supposed to happen! This is my fight. I don’t see why you have to suffer for it. I already did enough damage as Retribution.”
He doesn’t answer and instead just keeps driving, stepping harder on the accelerator. The rest of the trip is silent. You don’t need to be a telepath to realize he’s probably in the foulest mood you’ve ever seen since you first met him.

-a few hours later-

After 20 minutes you finish your scan of the motel. You’r taking no chances, and need to be thorough.
“It’s safe” you say at last.
Ortega nods, and you both get off the jeep with your bags and do the check in. It’ll be a long way back from Sinaloa back to Los Angeles. Should be about 22 hours drive, but in the state of disrepair the roads have been since the quakes made the area a complete nightmare and your need for unmonitored pathways, it’s tricky telling how many days on the road you’ll need.
Only a double bed is available which would have made you blush in the path, but it’s nothing special right now. Ortega has been distant, silent and grumpier lately.
He just puts his bags on the side as he enters the room first and goes straight for the bathroom. You hear the shower going a moment after.
You fall on the bed and make yourself as small as possible feeling like shit while you wait your turn to shower. At least you both agreed from the begining on who’s to blame about the whole situation.

The last few days have been so exhausting. You keep using your powers at every turn to make sure you’r safe. All your plans have been altered since you need to include two for everything now. And Ortega’s not used to being a runaway which is a constant danger. But at least you don’t have to worry about Eden or Ortega’s mother too now.
You’ve gone overboard to ensure their safety but you know there’s no such thing. No, not really. And the price isn’t even yet paid in full.
The little voice creeps its way into your mind once more. It’s sweet but tastes of blood. " You’ve just handed his mom to the cartel you know? How could he ever forgive you?" and the punchlines don’t take long “It’d be better if you weren’t around”. “Maybe you should just hand yourself over. Wait until you can be sure he’s in the clear and get it all over with. Restore things to what they were and leave it all behind”
Misery and self-pitty are interrupted however as Ortega emerges from a cloud of vapor from the bathroom, wearing only a towel. You sigh, stand up and walk past him with your ownl towel, again not a word. You can’t even look at him, the guilt is like a bag of bricks on your stomach.

THe water runs hot. Very Hot, but you don’t change the temperature. Ortega was obsessed about your Tatoos at first which made you feel an awkward panic sensation every time he looked at them. It’s gotten to the point where you can tolerate it, but him seeing them now that he’s also happens to be mad at you is beyond your worst nightmares. You always expected anyone who saw them to jump at your neck for being a filthy re-gene or a pathetic human-wanabee, but having an actually angry person see them is just too much…
You dry yourself with the tower without looking at the mirror, then slide onto your pijamas covering most of the tatoos. Obviously he knows they’r still there, but him not actually seeing them is a bit less scary.

Lights are out when you walk out of the bathroom and he’s in bed already. Fine… this is even better, you don’t want to argue and upset him again. Maybe if you just keep your mouth shut he’ll wake up in a better mood.
You enter the bed, and can’t help touching him lightly, but quickly move to your side trying not to intrude on his. He doesn’t seem to wake up. You gaze at him, with his closed eyes for a moment, then close yours as well.

If you don’t get some sleep you won’t be able to drive tomorow and it’s your turn. You let your mind drift…

—intermission—
Cold metal in your mouth. His eyes tell you to do it and you can’t resist. Then… he… it… . turns… turns into Ortega… Ortega looks at you with dissaproval and nods. He wants you to do it as well. His glare is so cold He won’t stop you from doing it this time. In fact, he’s be glad if you did. It’s time. You pull the trigger. You hear the sound of your gun go off… You are falling. Falling down the window again. You see the ground closing up. Hopefully it will put an end to everytyhing.
----Intermission—

“Hey. Hey Cyrus. Can you hear me?”
You struggle and gasp for air. As you open your eyes you notice Ortega right next to you staring intensely. He’s… concerned ?
You notice your body is shivering uncontrollably. But he has a warm arm wrapped around you tightly. He’s very close. So close.
“Are you ok ? It’s just a dream. You’r safe”.
You gaze back at him, still shivering. You realize he’s touching you. Touching your skin. Without nanomesh or costumes. That just makes you shiver even more.
“Hey… hey it’s ok. I’m here. Nothing’s wrong”
It does work. You manage to look back at him and your body seems to regain some sort of composture.
“I’m sorry Ricardo. For all of it. I’m a piece of shit. I’ts my fault that all of this is happening. I swear i’ll make it right. I’ll make it right!” Your eyes are full of tears.
“Cyrus stop apologising already. I’m the one who chose to come with you remember ?” He takes a deep breath. “I’m just mad at all that’s happening. I’m mad at the government, I’m mad at myself, I’m mad about having to leave my mom there, and i’m mad at those homicidal freaks you call brothers and sisters, and yes i’m also mad at YOU because YOU, are a pathological liar”
“I’m sorry” you wimper pathetically
“Stop. Apologising” He says with a serious tone. “I’m not an idiot. I knew you had a secret, and i knew it would probably be horrible when you revealed it. We’ve been a team for a long time, it was obvious something was cooking up. I’m just… Look i had a lot of scenarios in my mind and none of this is what i expected.”
You just nod. Yes, who could blame him for not expecting his crush not to be human ?
“But… I understand it now that you’ve come clean. I can’t even begin to figure out all the crap you’ve been through Cyrus. And i realize you’r saving me a lof ot the worse details. And i understand why you’ doing this, and that’s why i joined you ok ?” he adds “I’m not going to tell you i’m happy about any of this. I keep feeling like i’m going to loose it. But we are going to keep it together, and YOU are not going to fall appart, ok?”
You listen to every word and nod slowly in the end.
“Now get some sleep will you? We need to get a lot of stuff done and we won’t get to it if we can’t make a good time to Los Diablo and I haven’t forgotten It’s your turn to drive.”
You manage a weak smile. He notices and returns a smile of his own.
You pull in closer. He holds you tighter. You both kiss. You close your eyes You feel safe. Uncomfortable but safe, sleeping this close together is too hot and not pleasant at all, you wonder how they do it in the movies. But you are both too tired and fall asleep anyways. Cramps and sweat will be a problem for your future selves

The rest of the night you spend in strange new dream you’ve never had before. You are looking for something or someone in a strange labirynth full of turns and doors. When you finally find a center there turns out to be a mirror there, but you can’t see your reflection on it. No one can.

-The next morning-

When you wake up hours later, Ortega is still asleep, you are predictably covered in sweat and your left arm is numb because of Ortega’s weight on top of it. But you still wait for him to wake up before even daring to move or break the moment and the strange feeling of peace that envelopes you.

11 Likes

Uh huh. Im stuck there too, friend. We will turm her to our side. Otherwise, we’ll just let her live. Can’t kill her. Too much pain. :cry: Her friends though, :grinning:. Then again haven’t killed anybody.

1 Like

For the last time, “How do you mean?” is perfectly fine English. an alternative for how the MC means it here would maybe be “In what way do you mean?” but the person who says the former would probably never say the latter. It’s just a different choice of words.

And hasn’t the author requested bugs and continuity errors, not grammar and spelling since this has yet to go thru a proofread? something like that?

2 Likes

Please, do you have it posted on tumblr or ao3? I want to link it on the Fallen Hero tumblr <3

9 Likes

I demand you don’t kill anyone! :< least I come down upon you with the might of god! :~

1 Like

I wasn’t saying it was wrong, I said it was fine, and I wasnt the one who pointed the bloody thing out.