[WIP] Event Horizon

It’s been a bit since I’ve made my last update, but I added some new content last night.

Timeline 3 Update (3/21/2021)
-Added a lot of content to Timeline 3, including, but not limited to: Alexandra’s past romance scene, more unhinged options for 13, a fistfight with a black hole, flirting with Jayden, and the very fabric of the universe calling you “darling”

-Fixed some grammar and spelling updates

-Fixed as many bugs as I could find (thank you to everyone who’s pointed them out to me!)

-Made Jayden an RO!

Please note that this update contains several possible scenes with explicit and graphic body horror. I have updated the content warning page appropriately.

14 Likes

Good evening, first of all, I would like to apologize in advance if I show myself a nuisance or point out an error already reported, but I come here to bring the information regarding a certain problem that I continue to face repeatedly. Unfortunately, I also can’t attach the image of the said error, how should I send it?

What? But your intentions, and their story, and convictions as a character–are you sure? I just want to be sure it was your choice, is all. :slightly_frowning_face:
I should probably take a peek at your blog to see if you’ve already outlined your reasons for this change of heart.

You’re never a nuisance for pointing out a bug. I’m so busy that sometimes I don’t proofread as well as I should. Send me a dm on tumblr, if you have it. You can also email me at eventhorizon.if@gmail.com, if you’d prefer.

1 Like

It was 100% my choice- and I’ll outline it here and now.

In the first pen-paper drafts, Jayden was a potential RO. I got stuck with one point of their character development, and cut the arc entirely. Since then, I’ve made some fundamental changes to the story, one of which resolved the issue I was having entirely. It made no sense for Jayden not to be an RO- especially considering the other changes I’ve made to certain character arcs.

You can send me a DM on tumblr if you want to know more of the specifics.

3 Likes

The way you set tone is so good, like the way you stay aware of the setting and time when you use metaphors and similes to keep the reader rooted in the story and atmosphere makes me want to scream (ostensibly) I’ve only read the thirteen arc so far (the jayden scene at the end is so soft) and I’m wondering just how much the italicized choices affect the past(? i’m a little too dumb to even attempt to make sense of a lot of it lol) like the fleet versus enemy choice, does that change things or is thirteens past pretty firmly set?

Also the scene where jump out of the exploding ship is soooo good like everything about the ending and then the transition back to the present is just !!!

5 Likes

Most of the choices update personality stats a little bit (I haven’t gotten around to fixing the stat screen yet, so you won’t see them on your side), as well as a special set of stats for 13.

13 does have a significantly more structured backstory than a Timeline 1 or 2 MC, though your perception of events can be more than a little altered. For some choices (especially the italicized “inner monologue” choices), it’s less of a choice in the present/future of the game, and more of a “I remember this event this way”. Just know that 13 isn’t always the most reliable narrator.

6 Likes

I think this is one of the weirdest things I’ve played - but in a good way!
Well, at least 13’s timeline!
I’m so intrigued by that and my brain is overheating a bit.

About the other two timelines though… On my first playthrough I’ve chosen for the MC to be a pilot sent on the ship for some sort of mission, so that’s one thing. But what is the last one?

As much as I normally hate amnesia based plots in games, I think I’ll follow 13’s timeline till the end of the game, and THEN only I’ll check out other routes - well, unless that last one I didn’t figure out is especially interesting for some reason - I’ll probably try it’s first chapter too.

Also, just to be sure, the avaible demo has only one chapter so far, right? Asking because I’ve seen one of the update posts talking about chapter 3 and I’m confused :rofl:

My only complaint is the lack of saves, which is annoying for playtesting WIPs. Right now it’s short so it’s okay, but could it be implemented with future chapters?

Anyway, it has been great - can’t wait for more!

1 Like

I played this once through and made my nice normal character went through the game. Said ok this is good. Seems sort of interesting I’ll play again just to see what different when I make slightly different choices…

So I forgot some things. And Holy cow!! So Much better!!! I’m really looking forward to continuing the crazy.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll do my best to clear up some of the stuff you’re asking about here and now.

The second timeline is kind of a hybrid between Timelines 1 and 3. A good balance between cosmic horror and military sci-fi. It’s more or less playing the Timeline 1 story with Timeline 3 powers.

And yes, there’s only one chapter. I messed up and said chapter 3 instead of timeline 3. As for the saves- I need to fix that. I’m not great at coding, and I’m trying to figure out what I messed up.

EDIT: I found my error, the save system is enabled.

5 Likes

Oh I see.
Would you mind telling me how to access it? If that’s okay with you, of course!

Aah, that explains things!

And thanks for the saves!

2 Likes

To access Timeline 2, you have to play through as a “normal” crewman, and be hostile towards the captain when you first meet her. (“I’m not dealing with this fucking landing party right now. It can wait”)

It’s currently very much a WIP, but I’m updating it as we speak.

6 Likes

Hey y’all! Long time, no update (school has been a mess, as has my health), but I have a short Timeline 3 update. It includes:

• Natalie doing what she does best (making a mess)
  • Another look at the scope (pun intended) of 13s messy past
  • Thinly veiled threats from the crewman voted least likely to seriously threaten another crewman
  • Yet another horrifying flashback
  • Cliffhanger ending that I’m not at all sorry about

As always, let me know what y’all think, and thank you so much for sticking with my slow progress!!

35 Likes

Found thid while digging in to Dashingdon, and i have to say this is possible one of my favorite stories i have enjoyed so far. I cannot wait for more update and hopefully a full game one day.

3 Likes

I like Thirteen on premis but I really hate how we don’t get a choice in our hair style nor our name. it feels like an NPC instead of the PC to me. And I like Thirteen’s powers and backstory but the whole not choosing how we look and name is turning me off. It just makes me frustrated with the other routes too because I like Thirteen’s the best. But the game is still good aside from that.

7 Likes

I half agree, half disagree! I prefer when MCs have canon names (and even if we CAN input a name, I always choose one from the premade list or, even better, the one suggested, if there’s only one. So not having a name choice is good for me. On the other hand, I don’t like bald characters, save exceptions, so I am bothered by the hair thing too. But oh well, it’s still good so I’ll live with it!

2 Likes

same, bald characters very much isn’t my thing. And same with it being good so I deal with it.

Paying attention to the dialog between our two ladies of command, we learn there was a reason they had the doctor shave off 13’s hair; they were looking for an identifying feature that would be unique to 13.

Much as I can agree losing 13’s potentially long, and wild hair is a loss, it can always grow back.

2 Likes

Assuming the game contains a long enough time span for that to happen and they don’t order it to be shaved again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe we can use a beret or a baseball cap or something in the meantime. And gosh that is beginning to sound like real life to me. :worried:

3 Likes

Hey y’all- made a quick few aesthetic changes over on my tumblr, part of a much larger update to kinda clean up the first chapter as I finish it up.

Here’s a link, if you’re interested.
New Intro Post

19 Likes