[WIP] Event Horizon

i love this, such an intriguing start! can’t wait to read more

2 Likes

sounds very interesting so far! loved the mass effect vibes

1 Like

I read this on Dashingdon just last week, so glad it’s got a forum now. Loved your first chapter and the blurb has me even more sold. Solded? Soldier.

I’m very excited to follow this.

The Eyes approve.

4 Likes

Update- 12/22/2020:

Fixed some bugs. Added an extra scene in Chapter 3, and rewrote the Alexandra interaction to include the “enemy” option. More updates on my tumblr- https://www.tumblr.com/blog/if-eventhorizon

Updated Link here:
https://dashingdon.com/go/5253

8 Likes
I found an error

also found one (can’t add a photo though)

when choosing “I’m the one who should be apologizing…” after MC was dropped, an error would appear.

Both this and the previous bug have been fixed! Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

3 Likes

Just coming back after a while wondering why this hasn’t gotten more attention. For being at such an early stage in development I thought it was pretty well polished. Also love the setting and characters thus far. Aside from that, I wish the author my best and implore any prospective readers to give it a shot.

13 Likes

I’m hyped already! Is the title a reference to a certain space cosmic horror movie? Because that’s taste.

1 Like

Yes and no- I’ve seen the movie and I do love cosmic horror, but that wasn’t my source of inspiration or a reference for the name. I’m using the definition as defined as physics and astronomy, which fits very well with the subject matter.

6 Likes

Fair, fair, either way I’m in love with this project!

1 Like

Really interesting, definitely want to see where this is going, really like your writing style, will definitely bookmark for future updates. Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

absolutely loving what you have done so far! can’t wait for more, keep it up!

1 Like

Oi @eventhorizon

1 Like

I also recieved this and was about to report it but was beat to it

There are couple more like sometimes stats page is giving same kind of error notification…
And without a save option it’s very irritating to go at it so many times on and on…

hi! I’d like to personally apologize for these specific errors- I updated an alpha version of the game late last night and obviously forgot to proofread. The error will be patched tomorrow or saturday, depending on my class and practice schedule. I’m also working on integrating the save system, to be introduced with the math update.

And as for the stat screen errors- I’ve been experimenting with the stat and relationship tracking so it’s a bit of a mess, currently. I’m going to add a notice about it, or remove the stat screen entirely until I can get the entire game updated to use the new math.

I’m very sorry you’ve encountered these bugs, but I’d like to thank you for finding them and pointing them out to me.

UPDATE 1/22 12:37: I’ve fixed the line 915 bug

15 Likes

Good morning!!

I’ve updated Chapter 1, Timeline 1 to full release length. It’s been playtested for bugs and spelling/grammar errors, and has been released as of now.

Check out the new update at the link, and follow along with progress on my tumblr (@if-eventhorizon)

https://dashingdon.com/go/5253

24 Likes

The “Thirteen” route has two crashes, one for selecting “I don’t know” when medic asks if you’re like her or one of them
The other is choosing “kill it” at “A choice to be made.”

2 Likes

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, both bugs have been fixed!

2 Likes