(WIP) Drink Your Villain Juice! (Superpowers, Horror | 112k): 8th Feb 2024

There will be stuff for the previous friends, though what exactly that’ll be, you’ll have to wait and see.

Thank you for the comment/critique, I appreciate it. My casts do run large, something I need to work on. I’m aware the tone can slide around; to an extent that’s intentional, albeit I understand that it might not do it for some readers.

Thanks! And I appreciate the continued bug reports. Next small update should hopefully fix those (I put the @ in the wrong place, oops!). I do wonder if that’s the mystery of the massive multireplace solved!

Look Catalyst is just stressing out at work, it’s nothing personal.

(it’s absolutely personal)

Correct! Thanks! idk how I let that one slip through, considering the 1234 of those guys is ingrained in my skull by now.

4 Likes

The update was fantastic, I loved it and can’t wait for more :blush:

1 Like

Ooooh, great update! The story is coming along nicely. Can’t wait for my poor, fragile little bean to finally snap and take out Catalyst though.

1 Like

I always get this error in grant’s scene.

Nvm, it’s okay already

Can someone help me imagine our character? Like any recommendation of who we may look like?

I like to imagine we look like a more humanoid version of Nyarlathotep

1 Like

I guess just like Itona from assassinations classroom

1 Like

9 Likes

When I playtest using the mutation build, that typically how I imagine my character to be!

1 Like

:smile:

Thanks for highlighting, I’ll keep an eye out and see if I can replicate it!

3 Likes

Awesome update! Love how you write characters and character interactions.

1 Like

Nice work, good improvement on that one scene.

Still waiting to see what happened to beginning RO. As a demi, i cant flirt with the others still. Glad to see the choices do involve my first option. Nice work.

3 Likes

So, here’s another poll! I am very curious about a certain something in chapter 4…

Which of the choices could you select in response to Catalyst?

• “I endure the blows, and mask the hatred from my face”
  • “I flinch from the beating, cowering in surrender.”
  • “I lower my head in deference. He’ll stop soon.”
  • Endure/Flinch
  • Endure/Deference
  • Flinch/Deference
  • I am a mathmagician (all three)
0 voters

I think that Catalyst is…

• A pretty okay guy.
  • Kind of mean.
0 voters

Which character(s) are you looking forward to seeing more of?

• Architect
  • Wyrd
  • Wil
  • Kay
  • Teddie
  • Alistair
  • CG
  • Glory Hounds (Surpass, Arcade, etc.)
  • Coven (Hypothesis, Catalyst, etc.)
  • Flashback Four (Beth, Grant, Shauna, Prii)
0 voters

Also if you genuinely could select all three options RE: Catalyst I want to know what sorcery you pulled because that should be almost impossible. :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Bug report:
When selecting the option on what to label Will’s contact no. the choice “when Wilma dad come home from the milk store :-(” is missing.

With all the nonverbal options to respond to others, I was wondering if it would be possible to roleplay a mute, or even funnier, someone who doesn’t speak enough that others assume they are mute, only for them to say something at the last minute to general confusement. There are some parts where you’re forced to speak, like when wyrd forces their friendship upon ye, but beyond that silent and broody is complelt possible

4 Likes

Just finished the demo. Loved it.

pfff hahaha.

It’s fun to have a no-speaking route, and I’ve tried to provide options to play it taciturn in general. Unfortauntely I also think you kind of have to design things with no talking in mind for no speech at all to work, and the nature of the story would make it extremely difficult for me to wrangle. There are already a few times where MC speaks/answers questions without a direct choice, and it’s essentially a case of… how could the likes of Architect and Wyrd possibly agree to team up with somebody who refuses to talk to them?

Hope that makes sense!

10 Likes

ahhh i love your wip, so much angst potential :relieved:
also, i hope we’ll be able to lean even more into body horror during future fights—i like the idea of MC turning into the stuff of nightmares and going absolutely feral

3 Likes

Wow, this thread is booming! 21K views in a month has to be a record. I can see why they think it’s amazing. :wink:

3 Likes

we’re very grateful for every clicks and downloads! art of Wil is coming up based on your votes and we have a blog where we are more active (and answering to questions there too!). Thank you everyone for being so cool!

11 Likes

This is such a cool story, I’m very much looking forward to where it goes next.

2 Likes