[WIP] Dancing with Demons (restart from scratch)

There is a price to pay for it. When I think of Lauren, I see a victim of her ambitions, not someone who reached a goal of a sort.

But, maybe it would have been nice if I added such an option, especially having in mind that you could share the meal with her in a bloody act of tenderness (in the crypt)… and you get 2 points of relations with her.

Goals: either figure out how to change her back or pray to Demon God Mayday so that he allows it so I can convince her immortality is great and then also snap mothers neck since apparently regeneration doesn’t heal broken necks, which also kill instantly apparantly I thought it was more you were paralysed to bleed out unless you were healed kind of thing and then you’d most likely be paralyzed still unless you had supernatural healing…
Neck snap Op needs nerf.

Lol, I am not god and my relationship with demons is reduced to just writing about them… and having a few of my own :smile:

Found a error is there ment to be more text after when he.
You head for the administrations building. The bark of a large dog makes you smile. This must be one of the Hellweilers the Goatfather brought with him when he They are really nice puppies.

…escaped hell.

Thank you, @Frazer77. Game updated :smile:

I found more but I forgot to copy them to post here.
Here’s one say is ment to be saw
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I say him wobbling his tail again.
Another one they don’t hear the motorcycle as they cross the street
The don’t hear the motorcycle as the cross the street

Half of your game is now missing

@Doctor, are you sure you are using the last version of the game?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/f3z2xr0h1y9mwlm/Dancing%20with%20Demons%2050k.htm?dl=0

One of the testers noted that there were underused skills, so I added one more winning condition in the last battle and 3 stat-related ways to get rid of the soul consumption clause.

That tester abused the mother which allowed him to get his health to 17 (!). Well, it can’t happen now, but you can now properly have the achievement instead :smile:

I added transformation and whip mastery to the stats screen.

Okay, yeah I must have used the wrong link.

I went through the text again and eliminated about a dozen of typos. I think the beta achieved its purpose, so one more big thank to everyone who participated. All I need to do is make sure the game is in the queue patiently until its time comes.

Of course, anyone else who would like to comment is more than welcome.

When it’s ready I’ll be able to figure out how to snap mothers neck…

1 Like

You need 3 points of Mind control and to be playful and witty during your first meeting.

Which options are considered playful and witty?

Here is some code from the situation in which you can gain wit.

*label campus4
*page_break
As soon as your head hits the pillow, you fall asleep. You dream of shapeless horrors that try to capture you in their immense bulks.

A gentle kiss on the cheek cuts the veil of the nightmare. An aroma of lilac mixed with acacia fills your lungs.

“Awaken, my child,” you hear a soft female voice.

You open your eyes and behold a charismatic woman you don’t know. The way she addressed you is hardly appropriate as she looks slightly younger than you. And, she is strikingly beautiful.
She might very well be the model of every Goth girl with her long raven hair, short black dress and pale complexion. Except for the eyes - they are like two pieces of an the abyss. Other than that, her facial
features are soft and innocent.

“Don’t you know that you are supposed to kiss the hand of the mother demon?” she asks you with a tempting smile and offers you her hand covered with a velvet glove. You get a sudden urge
to obey.
*choice
#Get up and kiss her hand.
*set obedience +1
The fabric feels gentle on your lips, although it smells slightly of sulphur.
*goto campus5

#Kneel before her and kiss her hand.
    *set obedience +1
    The fabric feels gentle on your lips, although it smells slightly of sulphur.
    "Well, there was no need for such a display, but I appreciate that," she says.
    *goto campus5

#Say that you are not supposed to kiss a gloved hand.
    Your remark makes her chuckle.

"You are a smart ass. I guess I can forgive you for not conforming to the protocol."
    *set wit +1
    *goto campus5

#Ask her who the hell she is and what she wants from you.
    *set obedience -1
    "There is no need to be rude, ${succubus}!" She gives you a look that could kill
    *goto campus5

#Politely refuse.
    "I am sorry, I am not used to kissing the hand of a lady I haven't been introduced to."

She receives you comment with a blank look on her face.
    *goto campus5

*label campus5
*page_break
“Excuse my manners. Being the mother of all succubi sometimes makes me forget that not all of my children know about my existence.”

“I wasn’t born {a} {succubus}, you know.”

“I do. But I am the one who created that type of demon. If you have the faintest interest in Hebrew mythology, you may happen to know my name.”

"You mean you are…

“That is right, my child, but there is no need to pronounce my name.”

How do you respond?
*choice
#Bow before her.
*set obedience +1
“Oh, I am flattered, ${name}.”
*goto campus6

#Hug her and kiss her on the cheek.
    *set wit +1
    "I am so happy to finally get to know you, mother!" you say as you embrace her and peck her cheek, ignoring the embarrassed look on her face.

"Well, I would usually take that as a sign of disrespect, but... it is still a kind of a gesture of affection. Now, hands off me!"

She pushes you away and gives you a look that can not only kill you, but also tear you apart and bury you.
    *goto campus6

#Tell her that you have a real mother.

"Oh, really? And where is she? Maybe I would like to meet her." She gives you a look that says [i] Don't play games with me, I control the situation now [/i].

Your heart bleeds.

"You know I lost her quite a long time ago, don't you?" 

She lets out a satisfied smirk.
    *goto campus6

#Tell her that you don't care
    *set obedience -1
    "You have no idea how many times I've heard that before. Smart ${succubi} learn to respect me before it is too late."
    *goto campus6

*label campus6
“I have a bunch of presents for you, but let me explain you the rules, shall I? The first one is for free. The second one, you have to pay for it. The third one, your soul shall be mine.”

She produces a whip out of thin air and gives it to you.

“Examine it carefully,” she commands as she shows it to you.

You take it, astonished by how light it is. Letting your fingers slide over it, you are careful not to get cut by the numerous small barbs.

“Enough! Now, give it back to me!” she shouts.

What do you do?
*choice
#Obey.
“Thank you.” She squints her eyes and lashes at you with it. The whip entangles your ankle painfully and when she pulls it, it leaves a bloody mess.

You shriek. It is really just a scratch, but it is very painful.

*choice
        #Remain silent
            *set obedience +1
            Your lack of reaction seems to satisfy her.

"You passed the test excellently. Here is your reward." The demoness blows you a kiss and in an instant your ankle is anew. Then, she gives you back the weapon.
            *goto campus7

#Insult her
            Your remark makes her roar with laughter.

"Yes, I am! Your pain threshold seems too low, but we can work on it some other time, if you wish."

The demoness blows you a kiss and in an instant your ankle is anew. Then, she gives you back the weapon.
            *goto campus7

#Refuse - it is yours now.
    Her eyes open wide.
    "Well, technically yes, but... I wanted to give you a lesson. You seem to have missed the opportunity, however. I hope you are wise enough to regret that.
    *set wit +1
    *goto campus7

#Attack her with it.
    You lash at her. The whip cuts her beautiful thigh, leaving a deep mark. She remains silent, the only noise in the room being the tap of drops of blood on the laminated floor.

"That was a bold move. I should thank you for that. You know, pain and pleasure are perfectly interchangeable for me. Talking about changes..."

A sharp pain cuts through your leg and you feel a sticky liquid crawling down.

"That is an ability I should teach you one day if you are a good ${succubus}. The wound on my leg just transferred to you."

You are too pain-stunned to reply coherently

(Health decreased)
    *if blood>1
        *set blood -1
        *goto campus7

*else
        *goto campus7
#Throw it away - you don't need it.
    *set obedience -1
    "I have high tolerance for the rebellious kind, but you should reconsider your decision. That whip can save your life one day, believe me."

You make an angry face, then go to the corner of the room and pick up the weapon.
    *goto campus7

*label campus7
*page_break
“Now, let’s talk about for the benefits I can provide to you… for a price.”

“I guess you will want my soul, demoness?”

“That will happen when you receive the third one. As for the second, you will need to become bound to me.”

“To become bound? What does it mean.”

She sighs. “I fear your knowledge may not be sufficient to understand it. Suffice to say that no other demon can have your soul.”

“What is your offer?” you ask while your eyes cruise all over her body.

“I give you three options. I can teach you to regenerate so quickly that wounds bind as soon as they are inflicted. You can still die from fatal blow, though. Or
I can boost your ${succubi} skills - runecraft, summoning, dark healing… you name it.”

“All of them?” You raise your brow.

“Yes. But I would put my tongue on you choosing the third one - your sister’s soul!”

“What?” You jump with surprise.

“I won it at a game of poker. You would still need to find her body.” A bluish crystal appears in her hands. You swear you can see her image in the sparkling stone.

“She must be still alive, otherwise the crystal would have been black.”

“Is the suffering… May I touch it for a moment?” you ask hopefully.

"She is in a state resembling hibernation, so I don’t think she is experience too much of discomfort. And no, you can’t. The bond between you is so strong that it may be enough for you
to pull her out. What is your choice?

Apologies for the bump, but didn’t want to spam the release dates thread. Is this out and about now?

1 Like

It seems it is still not out. My hope is that it will be this week and that it will coincide with the release of an official game so that it gets mentioned in the mail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really can’t wait for the games release! I enjoyed the demo a lot.
Can you tell us, compared to the demo, what the actual game is like? And what’s been changed?
(Or at least what you can share with us without spoiling the game.) :blush:

I don’t think there are any changes. Thanks for the kind words :smile:

When you first introduce the tablet at the beginning of the story, it comes out of nowhere. You should situate it within the cubicle, such as saying that “your tablet was laying on the table”

Thank you, @Lanavis, I will consider it when preparing the next update.