(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

jesus!!!

9 Likes

Guys, I promise I’ll maybe talk about something else, BUT I think I found the Lily/MC theme song

4 Likes

Hell No

The greatest honor you can have as an author is having people make fanfiction for your shit even when you’re not done creating the fiction yet.

@aequa should be proud of this accomplishment and not let RO paths consist of hugs only and bask in the glory that is the world of user-engaged fanfiction.

7 Likes

Eric’s purity is my only motivation in life. I will protect him at all costs.

Now I’ve been thinking of Spongebob all morning. Come between me, seasons 1-3 of Spongebob, and Eric’s purity and I’ll have nothing left.

oH MY GO D it’s perfect

I agree. I’m always surprised when people say they like things I make. It’s like everyone else is wearing glasses that masks my game as something that is not terrible. Except I have really clear glasses and it makes everything I hate stand out ten times more.

Tbh I’m still in shock from the fact that I posted this in the first place. I don’t get why people like this. I am not a fan. I’ll be writing hate posts about my own game. I’m blocking and reporting myself. I want to get banned.

9 Likes

I don’t know why I never tried this WiP before; it’s really good. :slight_smile:

I do have a few comments to make though (and sorry if they’ve been made before). Firstly, I often felt as though the prose was detailing the feelings of characters other than the MC (I noticed it a couple of times with Leo), which it shouldn’t really do, since it should be exclusively from the MC’s point of view.

Secondly, the MC does act on their own volition quite a bit rather than waiting for the player’s input. This wouldn’t be that bad (you can’t write a story without a little railroading), but occasionally it felt as though their character as defined by these actions would change between scenes (sometimes being meek, other times quick to anger).

Thirdly, it was often not obvious who was speaking. I guess that was possibly intentional with the spirits, although I would have liked at least to know whether a new voice was one that had been heard before or not. However, it was occasionally true even of the humans: for example, there were a couple of places where both Leo and Saro were present when an uncredited “he said” occurred.

Also, I was interested to see how similar Lilith was to one of my characters, albeit with a rather more sympathetic backstory… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, good luck with the game. :smile:

3 Likes

Thank for the flattering :blush:

I am always "intrigued but sadden " by the story where childhood friends become “enemies” due to misunderstand … few years back i had read a short story about how a male child protagonist accepted a “dare” by his male friends …where this protagonist is going to make his female childhood friend cries, so this child go to his childhood friend’s house and when his friend offer him her toys, he throws all her toys out and in the process make her cries for being so means to her… the protagonist ran away , thinking of apologising and explaining to his friend the next day… but when he visits his friend the next day , he found out that she and her family already moved away… in fact the day he and his friends play the prank was the last day of staying for her family . The landlord saw the protagonist and pass him a bag, saying it was a gift from the girl… Inside the bag was all those toys the protagonist throw away yesterday…

i feel sad when reading it… always thinking whether the protagonist is going to meet his friend again, so when i read the MC’s childhood dream about how Lilith was offering MC her toys, this story always come back to haunt me… and i thought my MC was so lucky to be able to meet Lilith again, unlike the protagonist of the sad story :slight_smile:

6 Likes

… Do you read otome mangas?
Because you seem the protagonist of one of those “tsundere” stories…

For me the female child deserve better friends, true friends… the male one deserve to suffer…
I think I have a very “black and white” vision of everything.
XD

5 Likes

do you means comics ?

Yes i read comics…Lol :smile:

Well… japanese comics… mangas…
I don’t think western ones have a romance focused story…

2 Likes

Well there’s an entire thread on this website dedicated to sharing English-language otome visual novels, but that might be a bit of a stretch based on you saying manga.

It’s not a prominent genre, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯ there’s still an interest in it.

2 Likes

Your mother didn’t smile or great Lilith’s mom.

greet

That negative impulse looks so beautiful.

1 Like

!!!

OH SHIT

i’m going to cry

You see Lilith in a way that I never even considered. It’s actually really helpful that you see her like that, because sometimes I just see them as little formulas and equations. Like I need something to happen in order to get a reaction. I guess it can be more than cause and effect, huh? I should learn to see my characters more like you view them. :'^)

ALSDJFKSDJL JESUS

2 Likes

Thanks !!

Yeah I don’t remember why I did this tbh. I’m editing old chapters again and I will make sure to fix this! I was probably reluctant to write a reaction for MC, so I just filled it with others’ reactions. Bad Aequa.

I’m finding these too! I also don’t remember why I did this. A lot of the time, I’ll come up with reactions the reader could have and then I over analyze and delete them all. I’m definitely adding more options in for the next update so everything isn’t the same response.

I wasn’t really aware of this one though, so thank you for pointing it out! I’ll clear those up in the next update. ^^ Thank you for reminding me of these things/pointing them out. It’s really helpful since I’m super forgetful. I’ll try to keep these in mind while writing! :^)

I finally remembered to fix this. :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure. I mean if its just hugs, and some minor lines with little influence in the story, its better to save it for later.
But if its going to have impact on the plot, as well as some dedicated lines for each route, i think it would be ok. :fox_face:
( maybe, direct RO influence over some possible intections :eyes: ? Scene variations? specific scenes? :speak_no_evil: )

Also it would be cool to see things developing through the story, as we Interact, things happen, etc. :upside_down_face:

ROs must feel Romantic?( hush, i forgot the word) .Not some " i love u => i love u 2 => cuddles " shit.

3 Likes

Nice story, though i guess i found an error?

1 Like

basically that would be it at this point in the story for RO paths. i probably should have clarified that i meant littler things.

i do have plans for this. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

@aequa

Theta mentioned she was the Main character’s best friend and study partner , was that true? Leo seems to disagree with that… and Theta seems disappointed when she had to be part with MC, curious to know her backstory with MC as well …

Will Theta be jealous when MC reconcile with Lilith ? :smile:

2 Likes

They were study partners, but I dunno if MC was really friends with any of them more than another. Tbh the only way I imagine Theta being is sweet. In friendships and romantic relationships. She’s really nurturing to those close to her, so I can imagine her feeling either betrayed or encouraging if MC were to reconcile with Lilith. Betrayed at first because of what she knows about her. Encouraging if she realizes that MC actually cares about Lilith.

If MC were to “reconcile” with her for their own gain, she would probably be okay with it. I doubt she’d ever feel bad for anything that happens to Lilith, since she’s pretty loyal to her friends, no matter how they’ve treated her in the past… One of Theta’s biggest weaknesses is probably her forgiveness. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Hope Lilith didn’t treat Theta bad before :smile:

Hope my MC didn’t treat Theta bad either :stuck_out_tongue: good to know she is forgiveful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Someone scratches you, kicks you to make you fall and attacks you for circumstances beyond your control… and you still forgive and believe in the best in them? Maybe you’re less pure and more masochistic :smirk:

2 Likes