(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

Uh, I didn’t even remember these… :sweat_smile:
Hum… apple… Maybe a biblical meaning…? Besides Eve and Adam, any other tale has an apple in it…? Snow White…? :thinking:

Nosebleed, have no idea… but, in the Fantastic Four movie, Jessica Alba has a nosebleed when her power is too strong for her body…? Or something like that. :open_mouth:
Are we dying? Like Visa died? :cry:

The first thing that comes to mind is
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. What if it highlights that player character has some sort of illness? or maybe that they’re cursed? But for what reason and by whom?
What happens if MC quickly eats an apple? Will it continue to rot in their stomach? Uh, nevermind.

And nosebleeds. Who would steal frigging tissues in the first place? What kind of a weirdo does that?

1 Like

Hum… I think, how is described, the apple is going to rot in their mouths, before they swallow
:scream::face_with_thermometer:

A vampire! Or a CSI agent :joy:

1 Like

Or a clean freak
Just saying
Mom, please stop it

4 Likes

LOL what would the I hate Lilith ones look like?

Same. Lol, how is this still an argument? :thinking:

There’s definitely a deeper motive under that. A lot of people have fond memories of Christmas. The idea of being alone on Christmas, even if you don’t like your family, is sad (if you celebrate it). She’s using something that might be familiar to MC to get them to see her as a victim. Though, I guess it’s me doing that to the reader, rather than Lilith to MC, since MC doesn’t know what Christmas is like.

In fact, Lilith would rather spend Christmas alone than with her mother.

It’s definitely not to benefit MC.

This was helpful. I’m glad you showed it to me. ;o

Yeah, I cleared it up a little bit when you talk with Fallax in Chapter 8. She explains the attack that happened to MC and Alexis on earth. It should give you some hints, or at least get you thinking. It’ll be cleared up for sure by the end, since it’s kind of important to what will happen.

That’s true! I suppose she really would have had to deceive or bribe him then. If he was deceived, you’d think he’d just get rid of her after he realized she was lying. But I guess she could make up some sob story that she lost her powers, or then bribe him to keep her in the school.

What do you think this would suggest about the occurrences? :o

Nope. Some could even view this as the opposite.

Ooooh. :zipper_mouth_face:

The tissues aren’t what were stolen. The blood in them was. You get to keep the tissues :^)

8 Likes

Well, seeing that, apple is the representation of the sin (chaos?), and they die when we touch them… We can destroy the chaos…? Or something like that…? That is why the evil spirit is chasing us…

But it seems it’s not. :joy::joy::joy:

:fu: Lilith.

I will stop now… :joy:

2 Likes

Something like this :point_down: or Fu¢k U Lily

Although used as a symbol, the apple has nothing to do with sin. Originally the “fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil” was just this.
Here
Not very detailed, but straight to the point. Brazilian portuguese though

Also,
Some think its implied in Genesis 1:29 that the forbbiden fruit has no seed.
~And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. tYou shall have them for food.
Genesis 2:16-17
~16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.

Others believe it was a banana or fig.

And no. Not religious. Im agnostic.

:apple:

:thinking: just asking… why people like christmas so much? or birthdays?

Blood ritual… :smiling_imp:

:fox_face:

7 Likes

Hoo Im really enjoying this.
Especially the duality of one aspect. Who are we without our past? Are past actions really what makes a person, or is it what we choose to do now? Are we more akin to shifting waters than firm flesh? Ugh, human volatility!

(Ps Lilith route all the waaaay, I live and die for angst.)

Edit: As for the apple thing, could it refer to the loss or tampering/tainting of knowledge? (i.e the amnesia) What with them rotting, inedible and all.

10 Likes

I live i die I live again!

Presents.

Uh, and spending quality time with loved ones. Yeah. That too. :sweat_smile:
Did I mention presents? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well, one thing that’s maybe not obvious today is that “apple” was almost a synonym for “fruit”, and thus depictions of the unnamed (and thus undepictable) fruit would often show apples instead. The use of “apple” for fruit can actually be seen in several languages: e.g. pineapple (i.e. pine cone apple), pomme de terre (French for potato/ground apple), and pomodoro (Italian for tomato/gold apple).

5 Likes

Day off work/school :stuck_out_tongue: (well, most people get a day off)

4 Likes

where??? omg i totally missed it

i knew it was blood magic!!!

1 Like

And I was sure it was tissue magic… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I would buy it at once

2 Likes

Gosh, so profound…
If it’s “symbolic”, I don’t know why you can’t use it as a synonym for sin, in a story. At least in Brazil, we use it.

Oh, I’m Brazilian! xD Thanks for the link!

Urgh, banana D:
Makes more sense, for the format… >_<“”

Me neither, that’s why I never gave a deep thought to it. 8B

PS: in the text they use pear, not banana though.

1 Like

Me sinto obrigada a dizer “HueHue BRBR”

I see you’re a person of culture as well

1 Like

Got you. Doenst work for me though. :confused:

:thinking:indeed…

Not in that link. Read it somewhere else. Dont remember where though. :thinking:

:fox_face:

1 Like

Police constable comes bobbing over.

– Now then, what seems to be the tissue here?

:drum: :boom: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That’s a nice way of looking at it. :innocent: It makes sense.

I read the same things. If I used tomatoes or bananas, it would have looked a little odd. Apples have the symbolism I needed and it’s a lot clearer!

Not quite.

That’s a really good way of looking at it. It could easily symbolize many things, but I like this interpretation. :blush:

I haven’t added it yet! It’ll be there in the next update. :^)

CULTURE

this is the most important post in the entire thread

5 Likes