(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

I’m… actually so happy. :rofl: I guess I didn’t research enough.

6 Likes

Hi.

I just wanted to say the upcoming update will take longer than usual. I’ve finished rewriting chapters 7 + 8, and was going to upload them, but I dunno. It feels wrong almost to upload old chapters that are only slightly different and call it an update? I’m just gonna upload all the remaining chapters at once instead. So that means next time I update, it’s going to be chapters 7, 8, 9, and probably 10 (which I’ve written but haven’t edited yet). But it’s gonna take longer to do that.

It’s been so long since I’ve written something new, so I really just want to get these out of the way so I can continue with the new chapters! Uhhh which I need to plan for a ton! uhhhhhhhhhhhh

That’s all, lol. I never make update posts like these because I feel like they’re pointless. Anyway, it’s snowing and I’m so excited I have to go play in it by y e

26 Likes

ugh i hate this i haven’t updated in forever this makes me nervous

:train: Chapters 6 + 7 :train:

(which I kept referring to as 7 + 8 because I’m a confused old woman. sorry for the confusion.)

Please don’t be disappointed with me lmao. It took me way too long to do this. I go through random spurts of desperately wanting to delete everything to being really excited about writing and planning.

So I’m only here with Chapters 6 + 7, not the rest, like I had planned. This is because tons of things changed with 6 + 7, which were not planned at all. So I ended up putting a month into them. Not actually. It was a few days. I just took a month to force myself to do it.

I don’t remember what changed. Uh, MC gets nosebleeds and cries over it and is really dramatic. And there is some d e e p and m e a n i n g f u l apple symbolism. How unique and never done before. Also I changed RO points to “Tingly Feelings” because it made me giggle. And there’s no longer a relationship bar for characters, just approval and disapproval because I’m replaying Dragon Age 2 and I used to love Anders but what the fuck is wrong with that guy I should have let him get killed was that an option i don’t remember he didn’t deserve that cat

But yeah, now that these are out of the way, I’ve already started on Chapter 8. Um, and it’s going to change a lot, since Gianna has been replaced with MC’s dad. I mean Alexis wasn’t in love with MC’s dad I mean - Gianna was supposed to have too much of a role in the future and it didn’t make sense and she was dumb anyways so I made her not exist.

Idk that’s it bye. I forgot to change a bunch of stuff people pointed out before that I said I was going to change this update. I’ll do that in a sec. Or a few days.

Please send me hate at my Tumblr.

19 Likes

Tbh Anders was just bearable when you’re romancing him. And in Awakening. Gods, did I loved and miss Awakening Anders.

1 Like

Man I remember getting so angry at Anders at times during DA2. I might have to buy the entire series again for my PC since I miss playing it.

4 Likes

I was getting angry with Anders always
Technically, “Justice” happened with Anders… and made him unbearable… what was a shame, because Anders AND Justice were awesome in DA Awakening… :frowning:

But I could kill them in the end… so is KINDA okay, if you don’t care about the situation they left behind…

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve been here, can I still spit on Lilith? What’s a “Gianna” and a “Alexis”?

Oh this is clearly fiction.

Where’s George Takei when you need him.

Anders: That’s unfortunate. Hating someone just because they’re a mage is a shameful thing.

You could kill him at the end of two.

I didn’t like the Da2 system, you always had to disagree or agree with someone until a certain point and even then sometimes rivalry stuff would not seem to be ok (like condemning all blood magic next to Merill)

1 Like

She is Alexis’ s/o (significant other) right?

Also, the part where it said about something with greeting with Lilith’s mom, but great was there instead still.

:+1:

my mc don’t freak out over the nosebleeds :rofl: she just keeps tissues in her room now and wondering where the bloodied tissues gone, even though she thinks it’s convenient not having to clean it herself. maybe it’s because she’s rational even though emotional…am i making sense? also i could totally picture my mc touching every fruit in the aisle :rofl: why the change in Alexis gender though?

over all, great work! i enjoyed it very much. i personally like how there are more emotional choice :ok_hand: also is it just me or Saro keeps patting mc’s head in this update? i like it. more, Saro.

errors

realms are different than earth but there’s earthy realms?

Alexis is female

1 Like

I remember nothing because I finished it in like a week after I first got it. I liked Anders and Justice more in Awakening too, but I also finished that in a day and I don’t remember anything from it. I seriously don’t remember if I liked him at all. I probably did though because he was a mage and I felt bad that the Grey Wardens took his cat away. I feel bad that I said he didn’t deserve that cat now. Where did it go? Did they kill it? Did they give it to a small child who won’t take good care of it? Where is Ser Pounce-A-Lot.

Update: I looked it up and he’s with a friend in Amaranthine. I don’t remember what Amaranthine is.

It’s changed a little, hasn’t it? Spit option was taken away from us long ago. :confused:

Your brother or sister!

I don’t know her.

Okay, but I’m replaying as a rogue and I hate it. My mage sister kills everything in seconds and my stupid pretty-boy rogue character just stands there and swings his stupid little knives around saying “out of range.”

I agree. It’s pissing me off. But at the same time, just a bar of a relationship stat doesn’t make sense to me either. It’s what everyone’s always done so I guess it works, but I dunno how I feel about it. I don’t know how I feel about relationship bars at all. I might just remove them at some point.

That just changes randomly! When I first started writing I was kind of just playing with code and made it random. I never really meant to leave it in.

I’ve been meaning to ask if anyone would be bothered at me making Alexis one gender? I don’t want to take away options though. I could leave it in as an option, like when you first see Alexis, you’d be able to choose if they’re your brother or sister. But I don’t have any other options like that throughout the game and I feel like it’d stick out or be unnatural.

I made this one post a few days ago where I was going to ask the same question through a poll. But the poll option is way too much power to give one person. I literally added options that were just me talking to myself. It was a lot of fun but I deleted it because the entire poll was paragraphs of me discussing whether or not it mattered. I’ll never go near the poll button again.

So I could make Alexis a boy or girl, or leave it as an option instead of it being random. I mean I don’t think it really matters to anyone so idc. I vote brother because I have three of them.

1 Like

Wait, Saro pats MC’s head? Like… a lot? Oops. Am I the only one with an awful memory of things I’ve just watched or read? Why I can quote entire Spongebob episodes but remember nothing from my own story? Anyway-

Earth is a Realm. I probably explained it terribly and need to go back and fix it. Sorry for the confusion!

2 Likes

I like random. It’s not like we’re dating anytime soon so it shouldn’t matter.

My Rogue killed everything in seconds, I didn’t know mages were even good for years in two DA:O was used a lot sooner. (I didn’t like Carver) But nevertheless Rogue had the best armor to me.

He mentioned sir pounce-a-lot, I think it’s still alive.

Le Gasp My only purpose in life.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, Amaranthine is the town from Awakening… but I can be wrong, it has been years since I played DA…

I don’t think that the Wardens are bad enough to kill a innocent cat.

I NEVER played as a mage in DA… any of them, just rgue ._.

By the way, loved the update o_od

I don’t really care about Alexis gender either way. In truth, I tought it was a girl (because she/he was, on the previous one), I just figure it was a guy in the end…

I just have a question about Leo… we will have the opportunity to apologise to him (and the others too)? Because, we DEFINITLY hurt him in some way (maybe phisically, or emotionally). I felt so bad, wanted to hug him, but the option doesn’t exist. ç_ç

3 Likes

That’s true. I’ve just been asked a couple times why Alexis’s gender changes and thought it would make more sense to choose one or the other.

Damn maybe I just suck lmao.

How ?? I mean I’m terrible at every video game I play so I guess I’m not that surprised. Mage is probably easier bc you get to stand in the back and throw fire !! I’ve never played as anything else. And I chose the most useless skills for my rogue ever because I don’t know what I’m doing.

Thank you. :blush: I figured it wouldn’t bother anyone that much if I chose one.

Like apologize for old-MC’s behavior? It was definitely never physical. MC would have probably used their divinity/status against their friends a lot though. Old-MC’s behavior was really arrogant and manipulative. Leo’s never going to admit if MC ever hurt him because he’s the type to hide his feelings. Saro probably accepted MC’s behavior at some point. Theta would have been the one to fight with MC often, just because I feel like she’s more emotionally driven to stand up against them. It definitely caused the four of them to drift apart though. I’ll try to remember to add an option to talk about it and apologize! :relieved:

Well when every hit’s a crit…

Plz everyone knows the best mages get up close and personal with a sword (arcane warrior/enchanter)… it’s why Hawke is the worse mage.

Meanwhile I’ll continue feeling as though that was someone else. When amnesia’s involved we’re different people :blush:

I never played as a mage because I like to play as… “myself”…? And mages are like, “special” in DA world, I think that, I don’t fit… and no brute force for me, so… yeah… Rogue… and I love daggers xD

And you can’t really suck in DA, so, no worries! :'D

Exactly!

PS: wait… “apologise” is with Z…? Or is britain/american differences? Gosh, english is such a difficult language.

If it’s z it’s American. If it’s s it’s British.

I like being a mage because human mage warden is Hawke’s cousin.

Thank you!

Really? Gosh, never knew that, but is like, if both are mages?

Because you are a noble if you are not a mage… and I don’t think they are Hawkes (don’t remember the surname)…

No you just need the Warden to be a human mage. The Amells are what Hawke’s aunt married into.

I always wished I could be a “battlemage” kind of mage. ://

That’s kind of why I haven’t brought the option up yet. I think an apology is needed to move past it but it’s not like MC has any control over it, and can’t exactly feel responsible for it. I guess I’ll add that to the feelings you can have over the situation! I mean, you don’t all of the sudden have to become a good person because of amnesia. :smiling_imp:

…wAIT WHO ARE THE AMELLS ??