(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

The human mage warden’s family. It’ only mentioned in the codex in Da:O, but I think there’s a reference in two’s dialogue and codex (definitely in the code at least) also.

Oh plz I was an angel pre-amnesia :angel:

4 Likes

You can be, in DA:I, you have a specialization for that xD…

But the doubt will be always in the air, right? I mean, if you hurt or not someone… I don’t know… maybe is just me, whatever…
xD

I remember that !! I was so excited lol.

Definitely! They’re going to be more on edge the more time that goes by. They can only hope that MC will stay the way they are right now. But you can totally be mean if you want later. They all have their own breaking points though and they won’t stick around forever if MC continues being manipulative.

it’s okay, either is fine. they’re not an ro, are they?

saro pats mc’s head like…3 or 4 times? i just remember he almost pat mc’s head when saying goodbye but don’t :pensive:

3 Likes

now i really want to know what happened exactly after mc become divine, since their behavior was not like that when they first come to the school (at least from the flashback though)

2 Likes

Never much cared for Gianna and Alexis before but Alexis definitely feels a lot more like a brother or sister than before rather than just that annoying prick that only actually bothered being friendly with the MC so they could use them to talk to their old girlfriend again and go back to being a grouch afterwards.

This update to the confrontation with the sp00kster feels a lot more smooth and tense than before, even knowing that you’re not going to die.
It might also be because you know you won’t die but instead play through the game feeling like an awful person because you either left Alexis to die or betrayed the trust of Visa since we actually get to grow more attached to the both of them this time around.

It would be nice if more of the choices you make in that scene actually impact how the story plays out rather than just increase or decrease your stats or affection points with others though understandably that would likely take considerably longer and also be a massive pain to actually implement into the script.

I do love how you seem to foreshadow Lilith’s backstory in the little fever dream that the MC has though that may just be me reading too much into things.

Overall, good update even if sorely lacking best girl but too much of a good thing oft a bad thing. I’ll be waiting patiently for more Lilith.

4 Likes

I never liked them either! I’m glad I could find some way to fix it a little though. I was putting too much of an emphasis on Alexis’s character when really Alexis is barely in the story after this “arc.” I didn’t need to include that much of their personality. And they shouldn’t have been that angry at MC for something they’ve had years to think about. Alexis’s jealousy of MC would have hurt a lot at first, but they’d make a point to push it away to care for their sibling. Alexis just isn’t the right character to be pissy over something that happened years ago. The anger should be done with by now.

I love this. I want to name them this.

I’m glad my characters don’t suck as much! I’m actually wondering if I should branch things off and make MC’s choice at the end of the scene an ending? It would be a very early ending, but I would love to write about that possibility. MC would change everything by accepting sp00kster’s offer.

I KNOW. I’m thinking about this a lot! My game isn’t that much of a game in the sense that it plays more like a story. I’m trying to find ways of making this story less linear. I’d hate for everyone to have the same exact experience for every play through.

Good thing I have lotsa Lily stuff planned! You’ll have to be around her a lot if you accepted her offer. I’m half-way done with Chapter 8, and might combine it with 9, which would have a glimpse of Lilith at the end, if that helps. :innocent:

4 Likes

Oh my GAHD this is sooooo good. Your writing is impeccable. Please tell me you’re going to publish this as a HG!!

1 Like

I don’t think I’d ever publish it anywhere besides here! I’m having a lot of fun experimenting with writing, considering this is my first story of any kind. It’s my baby for now. :^) And thank you so much !! I don’t feel like I deserve that haha :blue_heart:

4 Likes

you deserved it! your story are really good!

4 Likes

Oh, hey an update. Neat

Are we supposed to horde virtue points for future use? I tried to go with every possible “good” choice and no shit the protagonist is fucking saint now.

Candles in the forest came out of nowhere. Is this a reference to the scene from the beginning?

4 Likes

LMAO. No. I’m just incompetent. Stats are basically useless at this point. I’ve been putting off fixing and improving them for forever. Ugh effort. I’ll work on it this update.

Yeah, it’s a reference. I’ll make it more clear. Thank you though! :^)

3 Likes

Damnit during memmory part with lilith and alexis crying i may or may not teared up a bit
Really well writen

1 Like

Thank you so much. :blue_heart: These kinds of comments mean so much to me. I’ll forever be surprised that my writing was able to get a reaction out of someone. :blush:

(whispers also I’m updating within the week! (unless I hate something and change my mind again (but that’s unlikely (i think))) I’ve been posting updates a lot more on my tumblr, so that’s why it’s gone a little silent from my side here.)

3 Likes

I think this is the first work on this forum that has made me cry. Thank you, I actually needed something like this.

awkward cough

Well, I just wanted to say that I Lilith and the protagonist really reminded me of Chariot and Croix from Little Witch Academia and that I kinda need an option to just hug Lilith, cry a lot (both me and my character) and apologize for literally everything.

4 Likes

Really? I wonder what I did differently. I hope it makes the endings have more of an impact! Thank you so much. :innocent:

also thank you for giving me an excuse to relax and watch a show lol.

I’m glad you suggested this! Sometimes I see situations from only one perspective and only have options that follow what I would do. Your perspective is helpful! (Even though I would be petty af back at Lilith.)

1 Like

I’m not exactly proud of this, but I find it pretty hard to cry. The part that managed to make me tear up was during the childhood flashbacks, because I felt a mix of happiness (for that specific scene), sadness (because the MC lost that happiness) and a massive truckload of guilt (I may or may not have hit Lilith earlier in the game). I didn’t exactly help myself in the scene right after that. Picking “Lilith was my only friend” and saying that I tried to stay friends with her really turned me into an emotional mess at that point.

And right now I’m really hoping that her “let’s pretend to be friends” plan is actually just her trying to start over while still being too proud to admit it. Because I know that my character didn’t choose to be the “chosen one™”, but Lilith also didn’t choose how she felt about it and she probably felt betrayed by someone she really cared about and…I think I might have gonna a little overboard with this one.

But enough about the gay mess that your game turned me into. I just wanted to suggest adding an option to give the main character a nickname, since we already have a Leo and a Lily in the story, having a Josephine instead of a Josie feels kinda out of place. Specially considering that most of your preset names are kinda long.

Well, as you can see, I’m very excited to see where this story is going and I can’t wait for the next update :heart:

3 Likes

I think Lilith is drawn to MC no matter what happened. She’s covering it up without realizing she’s covering it up. MC was the only person she ever trusted fully and she will probably never unlearn that. If you let it, the friendship will build back on its own. Or a romantic relationship.

Waiiiit, didn’t I put this in somewhere? Did I remove it? I’m pretty sure when you went home, there was this part where it said Alexis began calling you a nickname of your choice and that was what everyone close to you started calling you. I rewrote so much that a lot of things are missing now in the current updates. I’ll make sure to put that in somewhere!

Thank you for caring about my story and suggesting things that I forgot about !! The update’s coming soon. Possibly today. :blush:

7 Likes

The ‘tied together by fate’ trope, as cheesy as it is, is kind of cute.
The fact that she always unconsciously tries to sidle up with the MC even though she’s trying to be mad is pretty adorable too but that’s just reiterating my previous statement so whatever.
She’s kind of like a dog.

Little excited for the new update which will hopefully help distract me from exams.

4 Likes

I dunno if they’re necessarily tied by fate, since Lilith doesn’t really know what a healthy relationship is. She’s kind of grabbing at anything she can get a hold of and hoping it will work out. And if it doesn’t, she lashes out. MC will never fix everything, but they can at least teach her what normal, caring relationships are like.

I guess in that way, they sort of are tied together if MC chooses. MC’s probably the only person who will help her, since she’s hated by everyone else.

Lol she kind of is like a dog. But not obedient at all. Just loyal. And destructive.

It has arrived I am here

Good luck on your exams by the way !! I just finished mine and I never want to return to school ever again lmao I’m done.

1 Like