(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

Agreed. The “I should know this but don’t” feeling is far more compelling than just another amnesiac MC.

8 Likes

I am not sure if it’s intensional or not, maybe it’s happening because MC has amnesia… but no matter what I do, my stats decrease

that does seem likely, doesn’t it? ;^0

or, “I’m trying to sound nice and it isn’t working,” lmao.

I think so too, so I’m glad to dial it back a bit. It does have a part in the plot, but I think having it only related to the Spirits makes more sense. I hope exposition is alright in the future chapters, but I guess I’ll find out when they’re posted lol. I’ll watch out for that.

@pachinko thaNK u sobs ily :two_hearts:

If you mean the devotion stat, yeah, that goes to zero as soon as MC comes out of the vision!

2 Likes

Hello, Chapter Two has been uploaded. I think I forgot to update the beginning to say when it was updated, but just ignore that for now.

This chapter’s the shortest of all six that are finished, so I’m going to try to get Chapter Three up just as quickly as I did with this one (I really want to get these six up as fast as possible so I can be back to where I was). There’s also not a lot of options that drastically change anything either. Mostly just relationship/personality stuff so far. I suppose I’ll keep most of the beginning for setting things up and use the middle and end for major branching? I’m not sure yet.

Anyway. Let me know if there’s any issues I need to fix. <3

14 Likes

“Her sour mood lightens instantly into a false-bubbly one.”

—Just wondering, if i am fully trusting Lilith …how was it possible to think her mood is a “false-bubbly” one ? :thinking:

"She looks to you with brows raised, that look of annoyance back. “You need a break, Eric.” Her expression softens a moment later. “I’m worried about you.” "

–This is so sweet, the nicest thing i ever heard from Lililith

Can we have choice of our respond ? I am thinking of replying [/spoiler] " Thanks Lilith, you are so sweet , i feel so bad for fighting with you last time "[/spoiler] :blush:

when Leo ask Leo watches her leave warily. “What did she say to you?”

----Can we have another option of reply ? I am planning to reply " I think i am in love… "

"You walk to English with a headache. " i think it should be " You walk to English Class with a headache " ?

Well… Lilith is totally cool and smart including my name and later complain i didn’t do anything , i had learn something

2 Likes

@Eric_knight i’m happy you still like lilith even though she hasn’t been in the game much so far. i’ll have to think about those options. :^P

ohhh shoot. i’ll fix that in the next update. thanks !! <3

4 Likes

Even though Lilith hasn’t been in the game much , but her every appearance made a memorable impression , i am still pondering the way she grin at me at the start of chapter 2, in my mind i was thinking what amuse her so much ? wish i could told her she looks cute the way she grin :smile:

and i like that you include the option of not angry at Lilith after she outsmarted us …Lol , Well… i should probably blame myself for not doing my own homework anyway , even if i copy Leo’s answer…it was still cheating … I truly want to say to her "At least you are honest " :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope one day, I can create a character that you fall in love with so much.

1 Like

Hey …i fall in love with many characters in HG/CoG , although the reasons and circumstances for me to fall in love with them are different :grin:

I am confident you can also create a character of unique quality and circumstances for me to fall in love :blush:

2 Likes

I should be posting a WIP within the next month or two, so we shall see :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh really?? I will definitely try it out :smile:

chapter three is up !! :fireworks: there’s two little doodles for chapter one and two now, too.

this chapter is actually rly short but is disguised as being longer by the character customization, which you can skip if you don’t care. i’ll probably end up merging this chapter with chapter two in the future, because they could probably fit together somehow… i’m not sure.

anyway, i miss lilith interactions. i hope there’s more soon but idk because i haven’t read what i wrote in like two months.

things i have questions about

i would b v grateful if i got some input about a couple of things !!

1. is the pacing okay? i haven’t actually read all of the chapters together at once to really know ///

2. are things with the spirits confusing? i mean they’re supposed to be a little confusing, but you should kind of know what’s going on. also i’m not sure if i’m inserting too little or too much exposition. maybe mc needs more time for reflection of what’s happened in the past few days? i usually end up shoving tons of scenes together and forget quieter moments… i’m not sure //// kind of just goes back to the pacing question.

3. leo’s rly annoying isn’t he.

4. i’ve had a few people say they’re sort of thrown off because mc isn’t really important anymore? i guess i wanted to write a more confused person instead of just them being important. idk. was it better when people reacted with shock to the mc walking into a room instead of not noticing them?

5. that also reminds me that i never mentioned how the mc’s “backstory” is different, since they never lost their complete memories. they weren’t a big meanie-face like before, you know? it did kind of make things interesting, but i like this a lot better, where the mc can be how you want them to be. i don’t think anyone will really have any strong opinions about this change, but still i’m curious to know.

/// uh, i think that’s it. i’ll go back to working on chapter four now. <3

12 Likes

Personally i think pacing is alright, never a dull moment thus far

How should i said it, generally i had read through that history of Visa and her sister, understand Visa is now head of the SIX , and suspect the voice is Visa If i simply put myself in the character , i think it is quite alright in the sense i am a person who start hearing voice and seeing vision , so it should be “confusing” for my MC to experience all these , and i still don’t know my role as Divinus, so the “confusing” part is actually beautifully logical to my story character …

No, he is not annoying, he is quite funny … and quite weak to lose a fight to Lilith, i chuckle myself when he complain about Lilith’s long nail , perhaps Leo was like me ? Purposely losing a fight to Lilith in order to attract her ? Oh dear, never thought Leo is my competitor for Lilith …Lol :smile:

That was fine with me, because i never thought my MC was a really important person …and about the MC is a confused person, that actually is very interesting … perhaps MC is sort of a delusional person ? all these voices and visions are just excuse for the MC to “imagine” him/herself as an important person, the MC was seeking attention from life so he/she imagine himself as a powerful “divinus” ? that’s the reason why people surrounding the MC never paid to much attention … It could be that the MC had play too much Dungeons and Dragons with Theta, Leo and Saro , so MC start living his/her life in an imaginative alternate world where he imagine him/herself as someone important ? :slight_smile:

Yeah … it add some degree of mysteries regarding who MC really is ? :wink:

1 Like

I’m like 110% sure you don’t have competition.

8 Likes

I find it hard to believe … we don’t even know how many members in Lilith Cult :slight_smile:

1. is the pacing okay? i haven’t actually read all of the chapters together at once to really know

Pacing seems good, I don’t have a problem with it.

1. are things with the spirits confusing?

Not so far

1. leo’s rly annoying isn’t he.

Nope

1. i’ve had a few people say they’re sort of thrown off because mc isn’t really important anymore? i guess i wanted to write a more confused person instead of just them being important. idk. was it better when people reacted with shock to the mc walking into a room instead of not noticing them?

I think you lost more with how everyone acts around the MC being confused, Especially when it comes to the friends.

I kind of feel there should be at least a scene where the friends confront the MC about their strange behavior and have the player choose if the MC would try to play it off, ignore it, or admitting what is happening.

1. that also reminds me that i never mentioned how the mc’s “backstory” is different, since they never lost their complete memories. they weren’t a big meanie-face like before, you know? it did kind of make things interesting, but i like this a lot better, where the mc can be how you want them to be. i don’t think anyone will really have any strong opinions about this change, but still i’m curious to know.

I kind of think it works better how you have it here. Because for me it seemed out of place when in the memories you could be nice.

1 Like

It’s just you and she only really cares for youa anyway.

2 Likes

But it does hurt being pinched by someone with long nails… he’s mostly just a baby though. Originally it was Saro getting his foot stepped on by Lilith and him whining about it, so at least he’s not the only one lmao.

For real Leo and Lilith would be such a bad pairing lol. Leo’s so indecisive and anxious and Lilith is 100% an Ice Queen, he would annoy her so much. For some reason I feel like they’d be alright friends though. She could teach him to be less of a pushover. ;^0

!! Thank you for reminding me of this because it’s one of the things I completely forgot to bring back up at all, which is kind of a huge thing !!

also thank you for the feedback it is v helpful asdfkdhjdks :heart:

3 Likes

curse of the spirit is fun read hope you keep work on this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Based on my reading, i feel that Lilith was so excited about the Hunt simply because she wants to show that she is better than me ? and Leo really want to win it … although myself doesn’t mind much to join the ride for fun since Lilith 's victory grin after snatching her prize from MC’s team was cute… Hence , i am envision myself using the hunt as a reason just to meet Lilith , wait… it should be to lure Lilith getting close to me , since she suspect i know all the answer like Leo , and she eventually want to steal the items from me … Lol :smile:

But poor Leo, he clearly want to win the prize too … what can i do to make him feel not left out ? :thinking: I know , i just give Leo the items whenever my team find it , and if he can’t protect them from Lilith, it isn’t my fault … If Lilith snatch it, i can use it as a reason to chase after Lilith … just to see how determine she is to win the hunt… hahahaha it looks lots of fun ahead :laughing:

So when Lilith say " I beat you again Eric… "
I will reply " Great… i am happy you enjoy doing that so much :smile: "

4 Likes