(WIP) Curse of the Spirit ☉ (Updated August 24)

Don’t worry… please take all your time to write :slight_smile:

Had i ever told you that Lilith is a person who always inspired me ? Here is a dedication to her :wink:

_"Hearts uninspired, trapped inside somebody’s dream, _
Too close to the fire, yet cold and numb with the pain,
But the fever has broken, and the river has run to the sea,
Washed to the ocean, and saved by Lilith inside me.
Inside me a light was turned on, Then I was alive… "

2 Likes

It’s nice to see you’re still doing well and progressing with this despite the silence.
Hopefully you continue working hard, though I’m sure it will be a good read regardless.
Looking forward to the next update, whenever it Comes, Aequa.
AkkoThumb

4 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been so long jeez

@Eric_knight have i ever told u i am ur biggest fan

@Sano <3

Um, a thing - if you’ve seen my Tumblr, you’ll know I’m kind of unsure of what to do for the demo. Editing has taken a lot longer than I anticipated it would, so I thought a better idea (instead of posting all six chapters of the beginning) would be to release them one by one when they’re each finished, because trying to edit them all at the same time is very overwhelming.

I’m making a poll, because I’m a rly big fan of polls. I could either post all of the chapters at once, which will kill me inside but would be kinda nice since I’ll be back to the same place I left off in March. Or I could post Chapter One right now. And you could read it. Now. And the other five chapters sooner than waiting for them all to be done. I feel like I’m not making sense but I probably am it is very late sorrY

• Release all six chapters at the same time, which will take forever.
  • Release them one by one, which will be faster and hopefully pretty frequent.

0 voters

Anyway, Chapter One is 100% complete and I am v ready to post iT

8 Likes

Don’t kill yourself for our sake! If it would be easier for you to release them one by one please do that! (most people seem to agree with me lol) Like I said on tumblr no one will hate you <3

4 Likes

Thank you , dear friend :grin:

The advantage of releasing your chapter one at a time is that you can keep the hype and progress of curse of the spirit continuing as well as sustaining … to ensure people will remember it forever :stuck_out_tongue:

Since you are back, i think i can again meet Lilith soon… so @aequa please pass my message to Lilith :wink:
" I lay, looking at my hands
I search in these lines
I’ve not the answer
watching the sky
I search an answer
I’m free, free to be
I’m not another liar
I just want to be myself.
I pray, looking into the sky
I can feel this rain
right now it’s falling on me
fly, I just want to fly
life is all mine
some days I cry alone,
but I know I’m not the only one
I’m here, another day is gone
Please be there when I arrive… please"

3 Likes

I’d say you should do whichever feels easiest for you. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Whenever I see you

:laughing:

I don’t think many would recommend holding off till he end. At most you’d get finished faster because you don’t fix anything we point out.

5 Likes

o k good bc i did it anyway :'^)

I mean I think it’s changed a lot since the last demo but I really can’t remember what the last demo was like so if there’s any confusion on what the heck is happening I’ll clear things up. Anyway, there’s a chapter to read now. I’m going to try to have the second chapter up in a few days bc I feel bad for literally rewriting the first few chapters for like a year straighT

6 Likes

Hey buddy… nice seeing you again too :stuck_out_tongue: I remember we are both fans of Lilith, yupe i definitely remember that :wink:

@aequa i had just finish reading your chapter one, and great to know that Theta is such a sweet study companion, interaction with her is funny especially the way i spill water to her library book… and she just took my book away like she knows i won’t be angry … Theta is like a sweet sister, hmmm does she view us like her sibling or something more?:slight_smile:

And my favourite childhood friend Lilith has become an Angel !!! Not only she is so caring to me … She is helping me to do our project , oh my my… where can we find someone who is willing to add our name to a school project without us doing anything??? I don’t know why but words came out from Lilith is just mesmerising

Well to be honest, i miss the Old Lilith who left us a mark by scratching us, but Lilith now has added a sense of Enigma to her natural charm… i definitely looking forward to interact more with Lilith again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you liked it <3 Theta has basically taken Leo’s spot as mom-friend of the group lol. And Lily has changed a bit, mostly just to be less violent/more organized. Hopefully, her being less evil now will make more sense later if she becomes the MC’s friend… I’m still considering how far I want to go with her as a “villain” though. :^0

4 Likes

Glad this is back! Also glad to mostly have our memories in this version! :stuck_out_tongue: Also, Lilith, clearly up to something… Probably going to try to get us expelled for cheating, or just not add our name so we fail the project.

2 Likes

Lilith is/was a villain ? Never had it cross my mind :scream: She was a bit wild and “crazy”, but rendering her role as “villain” previously was too extreme … i still miss her scratch and kick to the knee though , i am curious why Lilith immediately ran away when she saw Leo and Saro approaching , they are jealous Lilith is helping me with the homework :blush:
and yes, Theta is one of those best friend who forever watch our back without complaining , how i wish i have one of those friend :slight_smile:

What ?? Lilith won’t do that to us , according to what i read she was concern of our health and want us to get more rest … since she already complete the project, nothing wrong to help up her childhood friend by adding our name there :slight_smile: I think you worry too much… have some faith with Lilith , my friend :wink:

1 Like

Uh, she has stabbed us in the back before. We must be cautious! Trust and true best friendship will come with time and effort! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hmmmm… you are right also, if Lilith really means to trick us … perhaps i can diffuse the situation but still pretend i never knew anything about it , just not to hurt her feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

What is this strange and horrific world we now inhabit? :fearful:

Lilith becomes frustrated, as told by her olive eyes darkening. “I’m being nice.”

:scream:

2 Likes

Who the f- oh Lilith.

Maybe watching through love struck masochist eyes…

Faith? Lilith? :laughing:

2 Likes

Your continual optimism about Lily both confuses and inspires me. We can become bestest friends, and maybe even more! :stuck_out_tongue: #TeamLily.
@aequa On a more serious note, this is a major overhaul. I also like it! Amnesia is a bit overplayed, so it is nice that the story does not rely on it as much. My only real concern is that the world has a lot of exposition, and amnesia did make it efficient to deliver that. Still, I have faith in you! Anyways, looking forward to more!
Also, regarding Lilith in particular, I think changing her to make her less, um, violent, is probably the good call. It makes since she would not like you, but in the previous version you were a person who had lost their memory, and she was going out of her way to make your life terrible, which is a bit of a jerk move (then again you did ruin her life). Anyways, I love nuance, and I love Lilith, so more of the former for the latter is great!

2 Likes

wowowow welcome back aequa!! I was going to message you this on tumblr as soon as I read the demo but i was super occupied and thought hey here is okay too. Anyways, just wanted to say that I’m hands down in love with the revamp and your new approach to the story and the characters. I couldn’t stop thinking ‘aaa this!!! this!! oooo jesiwjssjnhrjsj !!! :heartpulse::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles:’ whilst reading everything. I genuinely loved each of the ROs before and I still love them so much now, if not even more. I’m also really impressed by how you introduced our choices, like the flow between the text and our choices is written so smoothly oh gosh I’m so !!! how to be you I’m crying :"^)))

I hope you’re happy with your work bc I’m sure as hell wowed by it. I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you. Take your time, take care and ilu :two_hearts::heartpulse::revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Hey yes buddy… thank you so much , haha #teamlily is always sweet and fun just like Lilith :smile:

And yes we are not amnesia this time around , but i like the way @aequa changed it to forgetfullness , I especially loves the scene when i was wondering why me and Lilith fought in the first place, and Lilith seems to think our previous fight was no big deal at all… and she moved her desk closer to me just to help me with homework was just too cute Even if this may be a trick to get me in trouble , i won’t mind letting it to be an excuse for her to talk to me again :slight_smile: Well… i am pretty sure as Divinus , even if the teacher accuse me of cheating , i just need to apologise and no harm will go to me… hehehe
@Dark_Stalker … ahhh, but Lilith now doesn’t kick us anymore … not that i ever mind, she is more acceptance to us now :smile:

3 Likes

Kinky :smirk:

(20 fing characters)

2 Likes