Buried Lies is a dark fantasy choice game with a few mystery and horror story elements. You play as a Watcher with a tragic past, which seems to repeat itself after years of silence.
The story tends more towards being character-driven, than plot-driven.
Somewhere in the remote corners of the world, there is a small Duchy plagued by long and harsh winters. If it weren’t for the Watchers, the Ducal Guard of Iswick, there would be desperation and death ruling the mountains and forests. And into this desolation, you were born.
There are three romance options in the game. No restrictions.
- Ezra, one of your Watcher colleagues. He’s rather self-opinionated and loves to bully you.
- Daria, fellow Watcher and archer. She’s very friendly and optimistic.
- Brook, a survivor with a plan and lots of secrets. They are quite withdrawn and tough to crack. (gender can be chosen to suit your preference!)
- You can choose the MC’s gender. They can either be nonbinary, female or male.
- Those of you who know about Feast of Fools, this is basically the fixed version. I changed the name in order to avoid confusion. Ezra, Daria and Riker made it into this game with a few changes, broad strokes of the story are the same - but I changed the setting to suit the mood of the whole game and fixed what made the game unplayable as a choice game.
- This is a side-project and a work in progress, things are not written in stone and might change.
- And as always: English isn’t my first language, so typos and grammatical errors might appear in-game. Feel free to point them out to me if you want to.
Feedback and constructive criticism are very welcome!