(WIP) Broken Fable [182k Words, Updated 2/2/24]

yep you got it correct it was ground not shour how you got that mixed up with group :thinking:

Doesn’t Ishtar’s ability seem to only work on the non-augmented?

Exactly. And as Ishtar can fly at mach 5 (and probably even faster), can anyone really catch her? And if she goes to the atmosphere and dives bomb, she can mimic the sheer devastation of a meteor crashing on earth.

Now, if that speed should fly through a city? It’ll shatter everything in its path.

Ishtar has always been so OP, even compared to the other fables. Arthur is the underwhelming fable.

nolan-destroys-entire-flaxon

Granted, Nolan’s flying faster than Ishtar, but one can still imagine the destruction she’d cause if she did that.

15 Likes

Don’t think she can’t go that fast considering she barely does anything to the city.

1 Like

Has the fight been released yet, or are you referencing another event she does in the city?

In any case, I agree, it would be ridiculous to scale her to a Vultrumite considering the power-levels of this game. But it would seem that this is something the Dev is considering for Ishtar, albeit at a scaled down version.

Talking about here

1 Like

I don’t think it only work on non argumented, just that it only works on certain people, she’d have to be off meds to test either theory though

I wonder if that will hold true if the author will let us let Ishtar divebomb. I want a divebombing goddess damn it.

Can someone do the math? But if Ishtar isn’t durable, it’d maybe kill her too.

The premise on why it doesn’t work on augments was because it didn’t work on Gilgamesh.

But yeah, we’ll have to see what the author has in store.

4 Likes

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious what Yoru must be thinking in the upcomming battle?: gets shit on bc she has a little dagger ( not shit on per se but the mc kinda internally and somewhat externally trashes her power) while mc Janus in a fight to the death against two of the strongest human beings in the world opens his eyes really wide and takes out a glorified bread spreader lmao

26 Likes

Sometimes I wish there was some other Roman god instead of Janus. Janus… :woman_facepalming: To me it’s like MC’s original name was ‘John Smith’.

Is there any plans to add a dragon path? Like Fafnir for example? There have been other named dragons in legends but Idk most of them. I don’t know much of Fafnir other than what I hear in games sometimes. Would definitely love it if the author could add Bahamut and Tiamat in this since they are powerful enough to warrant adding in the game since this game is going to involve earth shattering fights. Jormungandr could also work if someone wanted a snake path.

Nah, we already got so many path, it’s unreasonable to add another path considering workload, maybe as a paid dlc after the game comes out though like night road did

22 Likes

that be along time of though were still on chapter one.

I was thinking the same thing, but in the end it depends If the author would still like to add more paths. Besides, If he has other projects he wants to make, dlc wouldn’t be much of a priority… Still would like It tho

Arthur backstory contain a bit of fallacy, his kingdom should be called britain or briton because england is named after his enemy the anglo-saxon.

…-sigh-i wanted avoid a argument but here we go again through out history king arthur castle was always called camelot and i gonna end it there since i don’t want to start something so lets not mess with arthurs history shall we. but i doubt that satisfy you so i did some research so heres the info :
Camelot is a castle and court associated with the legendary King Arthur. Absent in the early Arthurian material, Camelot first appeared in 12th-century French romances and, since the Lancelot-Grail cycle, eventually came to be described as the fantastic capital of Arthur’s realm and a symbol of the Arthurian world.

The stories locate it somewhere in Great Britain and sometimes associate it with real cities, though more usually its precise location is not revealed. Most scholars regard it as being entirely fictional, its unspecified geography being perfect for chivalric romance writers. Nevertheless, arguments about the location of the “real Camelot” have occurred since the 15th century and continue today in popular works and for tourism purposes.
Arthurian scholar Norris J. Lacy commented that “Camelot, located no where in particular, can be anywhere.”[6] The romancers’ versions of Camelot draw on earlier traditions of Arthur’s fabulous court. The Celliwig of Culhwch and Olwen appears in the Welsh Triads as well; this early Welsh material places Wales’ greatest leader outside its national boundaries. Geoffrey’s description of Caerleon is probably based on his personal familiarity with the town and its Roman ruins; it is less clear that Caerleon was associated with Arthur before Geoffrey. Several French romances (Perlesvaus , the Didot Perceval attributed to Robert de Boron, and even the early romances of Chrétien such as Erec and Enide and Yvain, the Knight of the Lion ) have Arthur hold court at “Carduel in Wales”, a northern city based on the real Carlisle. Malory’s identification of Camelot as Winchester was probably partially inspired by the latter city’s history: it had been the capital of Wessex under Alfred the Great, and boasted the Winchester Round Table, an artifact constructed in the 13th century but widely believed to be the original by Malory’s time. Caxton rejected the association, saying Camelot was in Wales and that its ruins could still be seen; this is a likely reference to the Roman ruins at Caerwent.[15]
In 1542, John Leland reported that the locals around Cadbury Castle (formerly known as Camalet)[16] in Somerset considered it to be the original Camelot. This theory, which was repeated by later antiquaries, is bolstered, or may have derived from, Cadbury’s proximity to the River Cam and the villages of Queen Camel and West Camel, and remained popular enough to help inspire a large-scale archaeological dig in the 20th century.[14] These excavations, led by archaeologist Leslie Alcock from 1966 to 1970, were titled “Cadbury-Camelot” and won much media attention.[14] The dig revealed that the site seems to have been occupied as early as the 4th millennium BC and to have been refortified and occupied by a major Brittonic ruler and his war band from c. 470. This early medieval settlement continued until around 580.[17] The works were by far the largest known fortification of the period, double the size of comparative caers and with Mediterranean artifacts representing extensive trade[18][19][20] and Saxon ones showing possible conquest.[14] The use of the name Camelot and the support of Geoffrey Ashe helped ensure much publicity for the finds, but Alcock himself later grew embarrassed by the supposed Arthurian connection to the site. Following the arguments of David Dumville, Alcock felt the site was too late and too uncertain to be a tenable Camelot.[21] Modern archaeologists follow him in rejecting the name, calling it instead Cadbury Castle hill fort. Despite this, Cadbury remains widely associated with Camelot.

The name of the Romano-British town of Camulodunum (modern Colchester) was derived from the Celtic god Camulus. However, it was located well within territory usually thought to have been conquered early in the 5th century by Saxons, so it is unlikely to have been the location of any “true” Camelot, as Arthur is traditionally dated to the late 5th and early 6th century. The town was definitely known as Colchester as early as the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle in 917. Even Colchester Museum argues strongly regarding the historical Arthur: “It would be impossible and inconceivable to link him to the Colchester area, or to Essex more generally,” pointing out that the connection between the name Camulodunum and Colchester was unknown until the 18th century.[22] Arthurian scholar Peter Field has suggested that another Camulodunum, a former Roman fort, is a likely location of King Arthur’s Camelot[23] and that “Slack, on the outskirts of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire,” is where Arthur would have held court. This is because of the name, and also regarding its strategic location: it is but a few miles from the extreme south-west of Hen Ogledd (also making close to North Wales), and would have been a flagship point in staving off attacks to the Celtic kingdoms from the Angles and others.

Other places in Britain with names related to “Camel” have also been suggested, such as Camelford in Cornwall, located down the River Camel from where Geoffrey places Camlann, the scene of Arthur’s final battle. The area’s connections with Camelot and Camlann are merely speculative. Further north, Camelon and its connections with Arthur’s O’on have been mentioned in relation to Camelot, but Camelon may be an antiquarian neologism coined after the 15th century, with its earlier name being Carmore or Carmure.[24] Graham Phillips rejected the word “Camelot” entirely as just Chrétien’s invention and instead proposed the old Roman city of Viroconium (near Shrewsbury in modern England) as Arthur’s capital, citing archeological evidence of a grand palace having been in use around 500 AD.[25] Alistair Moffat identified Camelot with Roxburgh in Scotland.[26]

13 Likes

Arthur is a aardvark from Elwood City

2 Likes

You do realize it’s a made up world where nothing has to resemble to ours, right?

3 Likes

LOVE IT MAN

Absolutely love it, I’m looking forward for the next update :+1:

3 Likes

I find this story very interesting. I wish you luck on writing this. Sure there are small grammar issues here and there. For the most and considering the length of choices you’ve had to write it is forgivable.
The story itself grabs my attention unlike some of the other stories I’ve seen here. I especially enjoy the Arthur route, even however loosely it’s based of Arthurian myths.
Good luck with this story and know I’m rooting for you!

2 Likes

Starting to think Janna just got teleported to some other realm cause if it ceased to exist cause of its creator’s death…then Lucifer should have disappeared as well…since they are intertwined in a way .