Blood Moon is a story about morality, relationships, and what it takes to survive in a world which, at best, views you as a myth… and at worst a monster.
But, really, it’s a corny werewolf dating sim in a grim coat of paint.
You’re a werewolf. You and your pack have just moved into a city. You don’t like it. It’s big, busy, and smells like piss. But it takes a lot of money to feed twenty something werewolves, and there aren’t many jobs in the forest.
One night, while guarding your new territory, you find a packless werewolf. This seemingly random encounter pulls you into the city’s paranormal underbelly, populated by witches, vampires, ghosts, and hunters.
You’re not alone. Your pack is with you. They’re your allies, friends… and maybe more than that. But be careful. The choices you make not only determine your fate, but theirs as well.
(I’m sorry that’s a little cheesy. I’m not great at writing blurbs).
The option to play as a woman, a man, or a nonbinary person.
A total of seven romanceable characters, all with unique personalities (the five that appear in the current demo are Carrie, Marco, Vicky, Ed, and Shawnie. You can learn more about them by visiting my tumblr, linked below).
Multiple story paths and endings.
This game contains strong language, drug references, violence, as well as a whole bus load of other mature themes. Please use discretion when deciding if this game if for you.
Some other stuff you should probably know:
I have never written a game before so there’s probably going to be some bugs, especially in the first few drafts. I’m really sorry about this. If you encounter an issue while playing please let me know. I’m still figuring this out and any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
I’m also not great when it comes to spelling and grammar. I have no excuse for this. English is my first language, I have been writing for years, I should be better at it by now… but I’m not. If you spot any mistakes I’d be grateful if you could let me know.
This is a WIP. Currently I have only finished the first few chapters and they’re still a little rough around the edges. I will update this when I post new chapters.
Play it here: Blood Moon Demo
Follow me on tumblr: BarbWritesStuff
Email me at: BarbaraTrueloveWrites[at]gmail[dot]com.
And, if you enjoy my writing and are able, I would feel honoured if you’d consider buying me a coffee: Ko-Fi
Current Word Count: 105,539 (excluding commands)
Feel free to ask questions or give feedback in the comments! I will update on the full moon.
As of the 27th of February 2021
- minor bug fixes
- spelling and grammar fixes
- Total Word Count: 105,539 (excluding commands)
As of the 28th January 2021
- Chapter Five has been added
- further detail has been added to Chapter Four including a new story path
- Some minor spelling mistakes have been fixed
- 30,982 words (excluding commands) of additional content.
- Total Word Count: 104,655 (excluding commands).
As of the 30th December 2020
- Chapter Three has been completed and further details have been added.
- The vampire pronouns have been changed.
- A save function has been added.
- A couple of minor bugs have been fixed.
- Chapter Four has been added.
- 32,480 words (excluding commands) of additional content.
- Total Word Count: 73,673 (excluding commands).
As of the 29th of November 2020
- Chapters One and Two are complete.
- Chapter Three is partially complete.
- Total Word Count: 41,193 (excluding commands).