(WIP) Blood/line (Indefinite Hiatus)

Blood/line is currently being rewritten!

This used to be a story about you living peacefully with your dad in modern New York, and receiving a strange package from an unknown relative, and soon after receiving horns before getting taken to a monstrous place in secret.

The rewrite is currently underway into something more sci-fi with the original spine of the story still intact, where you wake up with horns but in a futuristic New York, and learn there’s something sinister in the air.

:red_circle:

Blood/line is created and being written by Birdy Kane, edited by Racooby.

What you will expect:

• Five ROs: One male, two female, one nonbinary, and one you can choose to be male, female, or nonbinary. OR, choose the aromantic route!

• Customizable disabled MC, this includes choosing your own gender, pronouns, and a disablement based around one of the five senses.

• Some horror! Some graphic, and attempts at psychological.

• Some high-tension and anxiety in the story. Your choices will matter, there are both consequences and strengths for what you do.

What we would like in the future:

• Feedback!! Is there a scene you guys like? Perhaps don’t like? Something that could perhaps be added or taken out?

• Grammar/coding mistakes. The both of us sometimes goof and we both miss some mistakes. Like a misspelling, a line that doesn’t sound right, etc.

We hope you enjoy!!! :blush:

TW: The story will have gore, violence, and murder

Current Demo: NOT AVAILABLE YET

Tumblr

Kofi

Changelog

11/10/2020 - Added the official title artwork.
11/10/2020 - Started the poll for ethnicity/skin color customization.
11/12/2020 - Poll ended.
11/21/2020 - Official RO Designs released onto the world.
11/23/2020 - 3/4 of CH 2 released.
11/30/2020 - Entirety of CH 2 released.
12/10/2020 - Fixed quick coding mistake in CH 2.
12/11/2020 - Fixed a bug in CH 2.
12/29/2020 - CH 3 is released.
2/9/2021 - CH 4 is released.
3/18/2021 - Quick bug fix in CH 4.
6/27/2021 - CH 5 is released along with added extra fixes/editing.
7/19/2021 - Fixed some minor bugs and coding in CH 5.
5/20/2022 - Revived from the grave with an announcement of a rewrite

425 Likes

Wow this is really awesome I can’t wait to read more

1 Like

Thank you!! :blush:

Your really welcome :grin::grin:

1 Like

Dude this is great but throughout the entire first chapter I just wanted to grab these people and yell WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS TO MY SATISFACTION?!

16 Likes

THANK YOU LMAO

Answers are what the mc craves.

1 Like

I… I like this! Demanding answers from the most non-helpful woman in existence? Yes please. Surprising the bajeezus out of someone just trying to help? (this is why you don’t knock on my door unless it’s Halloween or an emergency) Classicly delicious. I’m intrigued, annoyed, feeling homesick (dad-sick? is that a word? it is now) and feeling rather goat-like. Overall this seems like a really interesting thing. I’ll be keeping an eye on it!

3 Likes

Thank you! Glad you’re very intrigued by the story!!

(And I suppose dad-sick can be a word? Hm)

2 Likes

UPDATE!:

Very quick I know, but I was informed of several grammar mistakes and wanted to fix that up as soon as possible.

There is also very little dialogue added, along with fixing grammar. Nothing too major.

9 Likes

How dare they think we would want to stay with them ?

Strong start but come on ! You’re abducting someone, telling them they can’t see their father anymore, then putting them in a system to monitore them and yay ! Let’s be friends !

I propose to start a war. Sbaff

Fine, fine, we’ll sneakily run away from them.

Too bad we couldn’t read all the letter. I hope in the city’s or school’s library we can find like a gealogy tree of all the families ? Or maybe just check a little the system ?

So now the question is : is the MC prisonner there ? Like under surveillance, people listening their phone call… ?

Who guessed I love spy stories ? Ah, ah ~.

But yeah, how could they find the MC ? Cause if they can track the MC, it’s gonna be difficult to run away ~.

15 Likes

RIGHT?! LIKE I WAS READY TO BURN THE PLACE DOWN!!! I WANT MY DAD MAN.:sob: Taking me against my will and expecting me to be docile.

18 Likes

Yup totally planning defiance and looking to escape at every and any oppurtunity to escape hopefully it’s not just one failed escape and all of a sudden we just accept it and be all docile and friendly to our kidnappers

12 Likes

I’m normally very placid, and peaceful when playing these games. I never “go for the jewels”, either… For once, I felt entirely justified in kicking back in retaliation because when someone “invades” your home, self defense in the form of fighting back, or fleeing is also entirely justified as long as you don’t go over the top, but the second person arrived before it got to that point.

I surmise based on what Mrs Anderson said that as soon as the horns appeared, they could detect you through some magical means, or other. Maybe even from afar when the headache occurred after the heirloom was around the MC’s neck, but weren’t able to arrive until long after MC’s dad went to work.

Hopeful for a chance to contact Dad soon, but that may be a bit. Maybe a new friend will be willing to help with that. :thinking:

3 Likes

Why can my MC just run away from Mrs Anderson? I mean queue sound track (Awolnation - Run)!!!

2 Likes

Interesting read so far, yup annoyed about the kidnapping, suspicious me thinks curse.

2 Likes

Hate to say it but beeing told to just accept the integration into their society just isn’t gonna happen for me

21 Likes

As much as that makes sense, their town’s police station is where the MC wakes up. Waiting until you get outside? Mrs Anderson might be faster than us, and if she can’t catch us herself, there are plenty of locals described as being in the vicinity who could. I’m chalking that up to “wait for the perfect time” since it might not be practical to run just yet. If you’re hostile? They’ll be even more alert to your shenanigans.

2 Likes

That much I agree with it would not be wise to try and run until you have a good chance to get away

3 Likes

Well they’d have to catch us for us to see if rhey are indeed faster than us. I’ll take that risk

3 Likes

Why take the chance the fewer eyes on you during the escape the better your chances.