[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

Oh wow, thank you so much for this! Just skimming over it helps me a lot. Maybe having a Masquerade ball on All Hallows Eve wouldn’t be such a bad idea, hmm? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The first part of the Mini-Thanksgiving update is here!

Update:
+New artwork.
+Chapter 1 begins! At the moment, there’s roughly only a thousands words worth of newly added story. But I hope to add another thousand words by the end of the day. What scenes you get are highly dependent on the choices you made during the Prologue! Tell me what you think, and I’d love for any suggestions you have!
-----> I know there’s probably some grammar errors, which I hope to get fixed, but I wanted to get some more story tapped out for your guys. :))
+Coding, coding, coding!
-Uriel’s appearance once more impacts the MC’s looks. Sorry that I keep switching back and forth on this! I hope you can understand… ;=;

5 Likes

Hmmmm. Things are looking up? I’m curious to see how your chapter lengths compare to the prologue (since am supposing it will be a lot meatier) and how you’ll handle kissing Az and possibly not being in love with him and with someone else

1 Like

I’m shooting for around 20k words per chapter, or more. With there being around 10ish chapters for now. So around 200k words in total.
As for the Baezel kiss, you can already see some of the effects it’s having on the MC. (there is a very brief and subtle line added in if the kiss happened or not.) If it didn’t happen, it doesn’t show up at all.

Also, I’d like to add, compared to the Prologue, that little part of story is around 40% of the whole second part, which is kinda weird, now that I think about it, since it seems like such a small and minuscule section overall.

4 Likes

Hmm… for me the demo ends before today’s update :confused:

1 Like

Most definitely saw haha. Which is why I asked since it looks, as you said, as something like a subplot lead :))

And also for the drama involved

Please let their be a dance between the MC and Az in the ball scene ;A;

Can’t wait to meet Ashton though

3 Likes

Hmm, are you using an old Save Load? If so, you might need to start a new game. I think I’m going to have to redo the game overall because I accidentally added in a new scene, which I’d renamed from Intro into Prologue.

I think that may be the problem.

Got an error when choosing Uriel eye colour

Would you mind taking a picture and showing it to me? I thought that all the eye colours were working correctly, but I may have missed something.

Yeah it worker properly when I started fresh :slight_smile:

Yay! I’m happy it worked for you! I’m really sorry for the inconvenience… I really wish there was a way for you to delete unneeded scenes. After I’ve done some house chores, I’ll redo the game and make a new one.

I won’t say so, but I’ll tell you… Masquared ball <3

Ashton is a really great guy! I look forward to you getting to meet him as well!

3 Likes

Love it! :star_struck:

I do found two of it

you:thinking: or “you’re”.

your

Also, I want to say that I like your writing style, so thank you for sharing your work :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course! Besides it would be feel pointless if we choose Uriel appearance in the first place, since we can choose the appearance again imo.

If it not too spoilery and not a problem, can you share a little bit about Ashton? Can’t help but curious about him.

2 Likes

I’m really happy that you like it! Sometimes I’ll read over my writing and only think how displeased I am with it. Sometimes I’ll find myself writing in Polish, and get really self-concise that the way I’m writing in English isn’t very good. So it’s a really big relief to me that you’re enjoying reading the story!

And thank you so much for finding those errors for me!

My thoughts exactly. :slight_smile:

As I have it at the moment, the MC is a very artistic person. She’s an artist, though she mostly just draws within her journal. (which you’ll get to look through soon I hope.) Now, Ashton, on the other hand, is a literature junkie. Always reading, or writing. He very for equality among people, and is very protective towards the MC, seeing her as a little sister. Of course, those feelings can change to being romantic feelings. But as of now, you’re his little sister and he loves you to the moon and back. Ashton and Azrael are really two sides of the same coin, which is how I intended it to be. They’re supposed to mirror each other, but be fully their own complete person.

He’s very discriminated against and shunned by some of the others within his parent’s social circles for some of the views that he has, But I would like to add once he makes a friend with someone, it’s a friendship that will last a lifetime.

8 Likes

…Is Ashton Azrael or are they two different person? Like, Azrael is still alive somewhere and Ashton is just there?

They’re each their own persons. Ashton is Ashton and Azrael is Azrael.

Ashton is the MC’s best friend.

Okay but how does Ash feel about Az :))

And how does Az feel about Ash?

So I’ve read the update and I’ve enjoyed it, even if it was just a small addition. I like that we can choose how to feel about the dreams. I have a feeling your alignment with your past life may play an important role in the future.

Yes. I was a nice touch. Poor blushing MC. Adorable. She is quite a sheltered young woman, isn’t she?

Can’t wait to meet him too! It really seems like they have a sister/brother bond. I love those.

Also, a question for you, @xNaomi, when a nephilim who used to be an angel dies it rebirths into an angel once more. Does the angel retain the nephilim’s memories? Or is it a divine blank state?

2 Likes

They haven’t met, so who knows? :))

When an Angel/Demon dies, they lose their memories, as we see with the MC, but the human/nephilim/fae/etc. that is then reborn as an Angel (or demon), after their death retains their memories.

So think of it as: Angel/Demon who dies---->Loses their memories.
Someone Reborn from the Angel and Demon that dies----->Retains their memories.
But then if they were to die once more, the circle would begin again.

Oh…This is rather similar to Supernatural.

If angels are with no wings, when the MC will recognize Baezel immediately? Like wait I kissed him in a dream what is going on OmO