[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

Correct. The entire thing is from Azrael’s POV. I thought it would be a nice shake-up to things to see through his eyes. In the dream realm, I suppose anything is possible. :3

If it’s too weird, I can change the working of it from second* person to third person.

2 Likes

No! I love the idea.

And it’s not confusing. English sometimes still eludes me so it’s my fault. I just have to read it twice :wink:

1 Like

Ha! I knew we were going to meet Jack the Ripper! I’M SUPER EXCITED! :smiley:

I was thinking the same thing about what you are discussing, with MC not being the same person as Uriel and them falling in love again, accepting what happened and move on with a happier life. I plan on playing a MC who is different from Uriel (I love the angst omg ;-; ) but not entirely. I imagine something like this happening:

MC: I have dreams of an Angel… he looks at me with eyes filled with love but there’s a sadness in them too… I don’t feel threatened however… I feel happiness and safety, as if I’ve known him for years…
Baezel: nervous sweating

3 Likes

I understand what you mean. English is my third language, my first being Polish and second Russian.

And I’m so happy that you love the idea!

x3 I was wondering when someone would put the dates in place. I guess it just took a chapter title to confirm it!

Baezel… I love the nickname. :hugs:

6 Likes

Omgg that cracked me up lmaoo :joy: . I will never address him as anything else.

Hey, it’s my third language too! My first is Portuguese and second Italian. Sometimes it’s a struggle :disappointed:

I didn’t make that association, great call. Can I just say that I. Cannot. Wait. To. Meet. Him!!

1 Like

Trilingual woes too. The self censor is real since my family pretty much mixes everything together so we’ll get sentences bleeding from one language to the next without really thinking about it – which sometimes makes traveling awkward :))

[Yes. I’m one of those people who forget what language I’m speaking when I order at a primarily English speaking Starbucks to the mortification of the barista]

Or generally realizing certain words don’t translate well into English but you’re just “darn, this particular word perfectly encapsulates the thing but these guys don’t know it and now I’m not sure how to explain and/or translate it”

@Anathema, that particular line is actually something I got from my dad :)) he’s an old-school romantic that way (he’d never admit it but I think mom knows)

More like internally dying and suddenly hell doesn’t seem like a place for demons but right there at that moment :)) knowing that Uriel/MC is so close and yet so far and he can’t do anything about it for plot/character related reasons

2 Likes

I have the same problem. But it also happens in reverse. Sometimes I have this perfect English word that doesn’t quite translate in my mother language so I just mix it up and my friends are like :eyes:

So the MC will remember parts of Uriel’s life, but only parts yes? It must be hard to relive centuries of life in 18 years of dreams. Is it possible that having kissed Azrael as Uriel, we may not remember that particular incident?

So when we do recognize Azrael he’ll get all hopeful that maybe just maybe she remembers and then all we know him by is as our dear, best, friend.

3 Likes

Don’t have that problem so much since English is an official language here :)) so it’s more of when I go abroad for vacation or when I talk to internet friends that this happens

The old adage goes: love is friendship on fire

Cue falling in love all over again if it comes down to it

(or idk, I’m hoping while Az is disappointed he’s not going to be creepy about it? Like having MC in his life is enough?)

1 Like

Hehe, hopefully, I’m able to make the meeting between the two of you worthwhile… Or will it be a group of people? :wink:

My biggest problem is looking at the words I’ve written and fretting if it sounds good or too confusing. At times I just throw my hands up and push it out of my mind. If something sounds wrong or doesn’t look right, I’m sure one of you amazing people would point it out to me lol.

I really like the quote. I’m thinking of a way to put into the narrative of the story.

Correct! And if you kissed, then you’ll remember. If you didn’t kiss, you’ll remember as well, as in, denying him.

That’s definitely a possibility. Especially with him hoping to put the awkwardness of trying to kiss Uriel, but him/her being like, “Nah, bro.”

I really like that saying x3

Love for a friend and all that goes with it, as well anything that may come from it. <3

1 Like

I feel like he respect us too much to be a creep about it.

And like it is possible we fall in love again it’s also very much possible that we do not. And after so many years longing after us that gotta hurt like hell.

I would have to agree. I think Azrael’s biggest fear trying to talk with you and help you understand what you are and who you’ve been would be to come across as creepy or overly desprate.

The one fear is if he might be more…active in pursuing the MC this time around since the last time, they kind of died in his arms :)) the fear of missed opportunities again might be something that’s haunted him for sometime so idk

Oh good. Now the pining and glances from across the room here we come :)) and hesitant touches and essentially this

Jane Austen eat your heart out :))

4 Likes

OMG, yesssss. XD

I’m still trying to work out how you and he will meet. I was thinking about it intertwining with trying to find out more about dear ol’ Jack, which leads to something traumatizing, which leads to landing in his office for counseling.

3 Likes

That sounds like a plan :)) conversely you can try to have them either run away or in some way escape danger and somehow MC finds herself in his office building by accident?

Or what if Az pretty much arrives at the scene when Jack has the MC cornered (maybe have options to fight or flee) and have them assist the MC in the fight/help the MC flee/straight up rescue the MC (assuming a failed stat check)

3 Likes

MC is chased by Jackie, Baezel arrives, spreads his wings to protect the MC, fights him off, MC is confused AF, needs counselling O.o

Not really xD

I was thinking that the dreams are so bad you go to him for counselling since he’s a good therapist and things are unfolded that way

2 Likes

Running away is normally a good idea haha. And true. That sounds like a good idea as well!

That’s a possibility as well! x3

Angel’s in this version don’t have wings :stuck_out_tongue: Which means they appear pretty much as humans do. Maybe a little more… hawt, thoughtful, kind or caring?

Still, a good idea! :smiley:

Taking all those things into account, I bet Betty White is a secret angel in disguise. Or a reborn one lol.

Ohh I liked the wing protection moment oh well xD

1 Like

I actually hope he is a bit active tho. While I understand it can be hard to implement because not everyone enjoys it, I like when the ROs show interest in the MC. I get all flustered when they flirt with us first lol.

(that pride and prejudice scene tho 11/10 :ok_hand:)

@xNaomi do you plan for a RO to pursue us or are you opting for the traditional COG romance? As in we kinda initiate everything.

I love this one. It gives you a chance to save yourself or, if that fails, Az sweeps in and saves the day :slight_smile: I’m totally failing the state check on purpuse if that’s implemented xD

Hmm so there is no physical manifestation that they aren’t human? And what about demons? Do they seem… cruel, cold, contemptuous?

2 Likes

I do like it when ROs show interest in the MC too – I mean, guys please meet the MC half way or something – but I suppose the better word might be pushy or excessive? But @xNaomi has confirmed that Az’s problem is in the opposite direction so the better q for players like me is for how not to seem pushy and desperate for Az (HA)

But more seriously, on romances, maybe have a number of flags the player has to hit (like let’s say 3) before the RO starts pursuing them back and then have a scene later on that confirms the choice that this is in fact the one you want?

So as long as the romance isn’t locked, players are free to flirt around? You can have flavour text addressing it as such too?

4 Likes

I was thinking about doing this actually. Having flags to indicate that RO’s are beginning to be initiated. Have the MC initiate one, then another have the RO initiate, and then on the last flag have the option to actually begin the Romance.

I quite like the idea. Though once you start the RO, you won’t be locked into it. But that also means that you may have missed too many flags/options to actually initiate a romance with anyone else.

A mix of both. :slight_smile:

Correct. A demon looks like a human, save for their black blood, and an angel looks like a human, save for their golden blood. I’m thinking of calling the blood that the demons/angels bleed as ichor.

i·chor:
“the fluid that flows like blood in the veins of the gods.”

I should also add that tonight I’ll be updating the main post with many terms and new information. So hopefully a lot of questions that new people that don’t read the chat will understand some things easier.

5 Likes