[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

I also found some (?) things.:

According to what I searched up:

Also:

It should be " You’re " Since, you’re = you are. They could also just say “You are not some animal”

Sorry if I missed something or got it wrong… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Reporting for errors me lady!

as you’re mother often tells you to do as of late.

Your

And, as told too, you’d only spoke when spoken to,

To

Your not some animal meant

You’re

you choosing the plush tête-à-tête sofa

Choose

small gift here or there

And

Oh gosh, c< I missed a lot of grammar errors! Thank you so so so much! slaps Grammarly You’ve failed me D:

Once more, I’m so thankful for all of you. Thank you again!

Kocham was wszystkich <3

1 Like

Two questions!

The person whose gender we can choose is Uriel or someone else? Also the Uriel flashback is gone completely or will it return?

1 Like

You’ll get to choose Uriel’s gender, as well as the fifth RO’s gender. You’ll also get to pick the fifth RO’s race (between Jinn and Fae). Uriel’s flashback will be added within chapter 1. :slight_smile:

I’m unsure if giving these options for gender is enough to add a gender-option tag xD

1 Like

All the choices! :laughing:
So the new person in the prologue is someone else? Who it may be I wonder… Also the point when Uriel’s flashback will appear… Maybe something or someone will trigger it… ?

1 Like

Also the gender choice tag is about the protagonist not the NPCs so its not needed :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks again all of you! I’ve updated the game with all the errors reported grammar-wise. I’m happy to see that no game-breaking bugs have been reported, and I’ll try to do better with the “You, Your, You’re, You’ve”… lol. But damn, there’s so many of them it makes it hard to get it right all the time XD

If there’s any suggestions you’d like to ask moving forward, I’d love to answer them!

Also, because I was bored and reading “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” when I was on my break at work, (the novelization) in preparation for the new movie, I made a little poem or whatever you want to call (I’m not sure what it would be classified as lmao) it for the Horn and Ivory ladies. (one of which, Babushka, you might already know from the Prologue and short-stories.)

"The Sisters of Horn and Ivory.
Two, there must be,
Keepers of Dreams and Visions,
and otherworldly Sights.
Those with the Sight,
They do guide.
Until the time comes,
And they enter into the Light.
Then the process begins again,
After they’re gone.
For two must there be,
The Sisters of Horn and Ivory."
-Because I was bored at work

It would of rhymed better if “Ivory” came before “Horn”, but… Meh.

You mean Prisca, right? She’s new. Yep. I can share some info on her if you’d like!

Very possible!

Thanks <3

4 Likes

Does this mean meeting Az will also be different this time around (as well as choices and the like)? How extensive is this rewrite :))

1 Like

I haven’t rewritten any of the scenes involving Azrael, I may edited them some though. It’s more of me shuffling things around to fit more story in and give it a better overall flow and make it feel more like a CYOA.

So no need to worry at all x3

1 Like

Quick q: can we start asking about your plans for the Fae and Jinn? And if they are locked out if you pick one over the other

1 Like

Feel free to ask anything on your mind! The fifth RO is a one or the other choice. That doesn’t mean I don’t have other’s planned to be Jinn / Fae for you to meet!

1 Like

Can I haz info on the 5th RO please?? Also do their personality change based on race or is it the same just some dialogue differences?

1 Like

They’ll have little changes here and there, but nothing that big. So a mixture of small dialogue changes, and then some differences in personality. Different backstories. Other than the fifth RO (I don’t really like referring to them as just RO, since they’ll have a bigger part of the story than just that.) Their character will act as a bridge to the not as know or represented races within B:R.

I do have their names already picked out tho:
Oberon or Titania for a Fae.
And Leo or Lyra for a Jinn.

2 Likes

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2014/12/17/james-franco-12172014-600x450.jpg

I’m an adult

4 Likes

Pro:

Your writing is beautifully descriptive, and the concept is certainly interesting. I like Uriel already.

There are a few grammatical errors (e.g. ‘Don’t even breathe unless told too’ on pg 1), but I haven’t noticed anything serious.

Con:

Maybe it’s just my dislike for the Victorian era in general, but the MC’s backstory feels a little cliche. The Victorian-lady-with-liberated-views has been done to death, and while it’s certainly in the realm of possibility, a greater choice of financial origins and social views–conflicted Proper Lady, middle-class bluestocking, autodidactic invalid-- would make the character feel less railroaded. (The origin seems a bit cosmetic so far, so I’m hoping that more variety wouldn’t make the story too involved.)

2 Likes

So we do get to meet other races regardless of who the 5th RO is? Good! I want to see the fae courts and intrigue + how the jinn organize themselves

You’ve actually already met a Fae within the Prologue <3

It might take some time, but you’ll eventually get to see them! Solomon will also be there to explain about them… He’s pretty much the go-to guy for information.

3 Likes

How do other races see angels come to think of it? Or in the general how do they see each other

1 Like

There’s a lot of in-fighting. Angels and Demons generally dislike each other. Angels and Demons are leery of Fae. Fae and Jinn don’t really like each other, mainly because of Fae liking order and a hierarchy, while Jinn are nomadic people with no real leader. Most Angels dislike or outright hate Nephilim, while Demons are more accepting of them. Fae and Jinn are normally friendly towards the Nephilim. And then you have Humans… Which, are, well, Humans. lol. No one really hates or dislikes them, except for those Humans that become Witches/Magical users. The Fae especially hate Witches more than any of the other Races.

So, to fully answer your question:
Demons dislike Angels.
Nephilim fear/hate Angels (mainly because they actively hunt and kill them.)
The Jinn don’t really care…
The Fae fear them.
Humans are oblivious.
and Witches normally try to stay out of their business.

3 Likes