[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

So I finally got to play the demo and so far, I am very intrigued! I really look forward to playing more. =)

I was wondering about some of the choices. I think some of lines found in the choices could be move to the next paragraph after choosing that specific choice?

For example

The line “An Archdemon and a detachment of Ifrits are in-route to the manor, heading in from the south!” the voice of the distraught Angel says, his face flushed with fear." could be move to next page after choosing Madam or Sir Archangel.

But if you like it that way, no worries at all. :grinning:

1 Like

Even more unsuitable if he’s American HAHA but not unheard of. Usually houses that marry wealthy Americans (most especially) usually were very poor/not as well off or if you were really unmarriable – so society knew the reasons why (not to say that love matches didn’t happen)

Usually though they were women who went off to London and made their matches there. Wealth for title and status (hence the title Dollar Princesses).

The dollar princess phenomenon was late 19th century (around the late 1800s(?) around 1870 or 1880 onwards until the late 1910s/early 1920s) so if ever the MC is at the right time and place for this to happen

If ever this could work as a gender inversion of the thing (though MC probs would lose her title/idk if the family could petition to give Az a title so they don’t lose out on that – though idk if the MC cares for that kind of politicking)

5 Likes

Hmm, I never really thought of that. I always had it in my mind no one really knew where he came from. But I suppose many could believe him to be an American man looking for an heiress to take on and marry for name and power.

Thank you!<3

I’m really unsure as of now what I should/shouldn’t do. I’m a big novice when it comes to coding, even if I can look at others and deduct what’s wrong with it. I’ll be taking a few days from writing just to go over the coding and make it more optimal for CoG games.

You just described Rosita too the T. lmao

The Dollar Princess was something I’d read about in my search for English history. I’m happy I’m not the only one to know about it!

In all honest, the “Dollar Princess” is quite the interesting phenomenon if you think about it. It also shows just how women were seen if they were to marry an American man, i.e., possibly losing their titles, while the man was free to marry an American woman without worry.

This is a big reason as for me keeping the MC locked as female. It would be weird going from writing someone with so many restrictions put on them by society, to someone who is much freer to do as they choose.

EDIT;

If I ever finish this story, I plan on writing another (set in the B:R world and lore) in the 21st century. This will make it much easier writing for a female and male interchangeable character.

4 Likes

Oh so she is one (or at least aspiring to be)

MC save Ashton :(( would he be doomed into a loveless relationship if the MC doesn’t romance him?

3 Likes

I can’t say it would be loveless, or that Ashton and Rosita would even end up together.

Someone, not Ashton, has their eyes on Rosita. He follows her around like a puppy dog. It will be pretty easy to spot who halfway through chapter 1.

3 Likes

Really? I thought she was doing it on purpose lol.

Also, there was a time when humans and angels casually hooked up? I don’t know why but I find that hilarious.

What a bro. I’m liking Ashton more and more.

Ok, I love him T_T. Who would break his lil heart like that tho?

((speaking of each, is it possible to initiate a romance with more than one character? How pissed off would they be?))

What a heartwarming family. Can we get back at them somehow? Ruin the family name to the ground, perhaps?

That sucks. I hope we can save our best friend, even when not being in a romantic relationship, from that fate.

If the MC gained enough influence and wealth she could technically take him under her wing, right? Or are the Victorian social bonds so strong that it’s impossible?

2 Likes

Sometimes she would do it on purpose just to piss people off, sometimes she couldn’t control it and their thoughts just kinda slipped through lol.

Oh ya. Lots of hooking up. Lots and lots and lots

Yes, but then you might not end up with either romance option.

The magic-8 ball says… “Oh, yes.”

Maybe. But Ashton is the type that would want to take care of himself and not have to rely on another’s money or influence.

2 Likes

So, we’ve had a lot of talk about our main characters and their personalities, but which one of the Gods and or Lords do you think would be the most interesting to meet?

Feel free to ask questions on them, and I’ll be sure to give you a tidbit about them.
Personally, I think Baal is pretty cool :wink:

1 Like

Well, that depends on which religions are part of your universe. Are you going to stick with just the christian religion? Cause if so definitely the Four Horsemen of the apocalypse. Love those badasses in pretty much all the adaptations.

Greek-wise? Pan’s pretty interesting. He’s often overlooked.

And Hel is my fav when it comes to Norse mythology.

EDIT

So Baal will be appearing? I have to admit I don’t really know anything about him but his ilustrations on google look wicked. Would you mind sharing a bit more about him?

1 Like

Myth-wise, any religion counts tbh. But all of their races will be that of Angels / Demons that have had myths started about them and been worshipped as higher deities by humans if that makes sense? Like how Nyx is a Demon Lord, but she’s also considered the Goddess of Night.

I was kinda going on how, for this story, I have him loving erotic human novels haha.
----->Points to the main post with all seven of the gods/lords

2 Likes

Oh my god, I didn’t realize all the gods were listed. Now I feel like an idiot :laughing: .

lol how does he get them? Overworld express delivery premium services?

Very much enjoyed, what has been revealed so far - keep up the good work!

Nah, don’t feel like that at all! It’s an honest mistake. Plus, all those that you listed could be possible Angels / Demons! So it was a really good example.

He has his ways. And for him, it would pretty much be that on steroids.

“Yo, Baal. That human author you like has a new book I heard.” - Random Angel.

Baal: “…Get it for me now. Or be DESTROYED!”

“Ok, ok, dude. Calm down. It’s just a book!” - Random Angel once more

Baal:

I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for giving it a read. You don’t know how much it means to me <3

5 Likes

Well, now I’m looking forward meeting Baal xD

1 Like

Also what about the demon lords that have no info?

1 Like

Why did I sign up for this angst. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s highly unlikely to meet any of them, tbh. They don’t often leave the Underworld. Many Demon Lords see this as a sign of weakness to leave their domain. Often doing so leaves your area of influence open for others to cannibalise and take.

EDIT;
It would pretty much be like the president of the United States going: “Yo, I’m outte to visit Hawaii or something. Be back in a week.” Mass hysteria and WTF’s.

Now I’m imagining the Underworld with Twitter lmao.

3 Likes

Hmm that’s a pity. I would love to meet Lucifer.

1 Like

crying.gif

HELP LAUNCH ASHTON’S LITERARY CAREER

I’LL BUY 10 COPIES NO JOKE

5 Likes

GoFundMe, Victorian Edition?

5 Likes