You’re a member of the Royal family, second-in-line to the throne of the Kingdom of Arcadie, the most powerful country of the continent.
You’ve spent most of your life with little responsibilities and the freedom to pursue your personal interests.
Today, Arcadie is set to sign a peace treaty with your northern neighbors, putting an end to a decade-old conflict. You’re to be put in charge of any future dealings with them.
And thus, the first day of the rest of your life begins…
I’ve been working on ‘Arcadie: Second-Born’ since June, and I would like to share the first few chapters with you.
- Heavy emphasis on character interaction: I aim to make the characters as believable as possible.
- Romance: I chose to have only 2 RO because they will both be very developed: there are multiple times where you can decide to start the romance, multiple scenes that will unfold differently depending on your relationship, the way you flirt will change the tone of the romance…
You decide its pace, your commitment: it could be just for fun, actual love, or maybe lead to marriage.
You can also choose not to romance anyone and befriend them instead, or antagonize them.
- Main character: the MC is mostly a blank slate. You should have multiple choices to shape their personality and have the characters and the world react to it.
- Story: Fantasy with a dash of political intrigue. Or is it political intrigue with a dash of fantasy?
There are 2 RO: you pick their gender when they are first mentioned/encountered.
You can pursue both (or neither) no matter the main character’s gender.
Your relationship with them can affect the plot, in small and bigger ways.
Violence, character death, blood, mentions and use of alcohol, mild non-explicit sexual content.
Demo word count
Word count (including code): 62.500 words
Word count (excluding code): 54.000 words
Feedback I’m looking for:
- What did you like/dislike?
- What did you think of the characters?
- Any choices you would like added?
- Pronouns mix-ups, grammar/spelling mistakes, if you spot any
- Continuity errors, bugs
- I am 100% open to constructive criticism on any aspect, really
DEMO (SFW version): https://dashingdon.com/go/6501
NSFW thread and demo: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/wip-arcadie-second-born-nsfw-thread-and-demo/87912