You’re a member of the Royal family, second-in-line to the throne of the Kingdom of Arcadie, the most powerful country of the continent.
You’ve spent most of your life with little responsibilities and the freedom to pursue your personal interests.
Today, Arcadie is set to sign a peace treaty with your northern neighbors, putting an end to a decade-old conflict. You’re to be put in charge of any future dealings with them.
And thus, the first day of the rest of your life begins…
I’ve been working on ‘Arcadie: Second-Born’ since June, and I would like to share the first few chapters with you.
- Heavy emphasis on character interaction.
- Romance: 2 romantic options, of which you can select the gender. Only two? I hear you say. Yes, because there is/will be a lot of variations in the romance depending on your choices.
For instance, you absolutely do not need to select every flirt option to start the romance, and can actually start it at multiple points of the story.
You can also choose not to romance anyone and befriend them instead, or antagonize them.
Your relationships will affect the plot, in small and bigger ways.
- Main character/Player character: the MC is mostly a blank slate. You should have multiple choices to shape their personality and have the characters and the world react to it.
- Story: Fantasy with a dash of political intrigue. Or is it political intrigue with a dash of fantasy?
- Stats: There are personality stats and skills. The latter determines whether you pass or fail skill checks. The former influences how characters view and react to you. You will not fail a check because of a personality stat.
- Ariana d’Arcadie: Your older sister.
- Wilfred/Willeen Steinmann (RO)
- Stanislas Duval
- Cyril Lavignac (RO)
Violence, character death, blood, mentions and use of alcohol, non-explicit sexual content.
Demo word count
Word count (including code): 87.000 words
Word count (excluding code): 75.000 words
Commissioned from Marie Marion
Feedback I’m looking for:
- What did you like/dislike?
- What did you think of the characters?
- Any choices you would like added?
- Pronouns mix-ups, grammar/spelling mistakes, if you spot any
- Continuity errors, bugs
- I am 100% open to constructive criticism on any aspect, really
DEMO (SFW version): https://dashingdon.com/go/6501
NSFW thread and demo: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/wip-arcadie-second-born-nsfw-thread-and-demo/87912