(WIP) Age of Heroes: Resurgence (Indefinite hiatus)

This looks very interesting. I can’t wait to see where you take the story!

1 Like

A promising start and some good humour added in too. I really like where this is going and I enjoy playing as a sarcastic fanboy with no survival instincts. Looking forward to any updates!

1 Like

This is really good so far. You gave a good amount of personality choices and some pretty good humor! Looking forward to the next chapter!

1 Like

Hello everyone. I hope you’re having a good week.

I’m making good progress with the next update. About 7,000 words in so far. After that I’ll have some editing and coding to do. But I’m pretty confident I get it done in a week or so. The next update will cover the aftermath of the prologue and lead into the MC moving to the city.

Once I’ve finished the update. I’ll probably work on getting my old tumblr account back up and running, and post a link to it here.

That’s all I’ve got for now, have a nice week.

7 Likes

I’m usually not interested in story’s with no ros but this is way to interesting to pass up!!! You did a really good job grabbing the audience attention!!

2 Likes

Hello again everyone. As you have noticed, I’ve updated the game. This update encompasses the direct aftermath of the prologue and gives you the chance to converse a little with a couple of the superheroes.

I’ve also updated the character list, for those interested.

That said, I have mixed feelings about this update. It’s rather typical of me to have mixed feelings on the things I write, but still, I worry this chapter meanders a bit and is a little too boring. So, if you have any suggestions on thing’s I could do to make it a little more engaging, please let me know.

As you may or may not have noticed. I don’t often describe the appearances of characters in detail. Is this something that bothers you? Would you prefer a more complete description of characters when they appear? Let me know, if this is a problem for a lot of you, I can try to incorporate more character description.

I’ve also put up a link to my tumblr. It’s an old account I used to post writing advice of varying quality on. Now it’ll be where I post updates relating to various projects (both IF and not). So, if you’d like to follow my work, that’s where you can go.

The next update will take longer to write than this one. But it will be a more substantial update when it does come out. Hope to see you all then. Take care.

3 Likes

Hey, I think you did well with the upgrade. Your writing does not bother me in the slightest.

The story feels a little slow (even with all the drama) but not in a negative way. I did not notice the lack of descriptions. I guess I was more captured with the story. I liked your choices they are very broad already. :slight_smile:
Also I think it fits the situation at this point in the story we are just someone who was there by pure chance and now mc is going to build connections and get entangled in this in their own way (if that makes sense :sweat_smile:)

For the future what you could do is in interactions with the family reference to the mcs own appearance maybe use the siblings to build the mcs. I think it could not only build the connection but also let’s the players connect to the characters.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m glad you liked the update, and that it wasn’t too slow for you. It is meant to be a little slower than the rest of the story, because I couldn’t think of a firsthand way for the MC to learn about everything that happened in the prologue.

Things will hopefully pick up next update when the MC moves to the city. Where most of the action and intrigue will be taking place.

Good idea. I thought about incorporating some of that this chapter, but since I was already concerned that the pacing was too slow, I figured I’d do it later. I’ll probably work some of that in next time.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I think for me it worked out better this way, the relationships are more important than how they look (may or may not be connected for me with being the oldest sibling of 5 loving the hell out of sibling dynamics in stories :thinking:)

1 Like

This was really interesting!! Looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Tiny update: After some trial and error. I think I managed to get the save plugin to work. Not too necessary for readers yet, but it will be later.

3 Likes

Loved this! Something about this story really captivated me. We have seen little of the characters at play so far but they seem compelling and interesting. Really can’t wait to see where this is going, it for sure looks very promising!

1 Like

I love it. Really appreciate letting me be a little piece of shit just like an actual reporter.

You raise your hands. “You caught me, I’m actually the world’s greatest superhero.”

Zero manages another laugh. “After seeing this, I almost believe you.”

Honestly, superhero genre from the eyes of kinda-important civilian is just so much fun.

Here’s a repeating paragraph, tho: https://i.imgur.com/Ga0cVI8.png
and some typo in choice: https://i.imgur.com/RKwgrQg.png
and another choice typo: https://i.imgur.com/kPAnjks.png
…and commands in choices: https://i.imgur.com/mcY3xM1.png

1 Like

Thank you both.

Thanks for bringing those to my attention. I’ll (hopefully, still bad coding) get those fixed, either soon or in the next update.

EDIT: All fixed now (again, hopefully). Thanks again.

1 Like

Loving the story so far, looking forward to seeing where it goes from here! (Also, I uh… definitely did not name my character Lois Lane :eyes:)

2 Likes

Thank you.

Fun Fact: When I was writing the prologue, I actually considered including “Lewis” in the list of boy names.

Super interesting start, I’m already invested! Love the pacing, things keep moving and stay interesting without being overwhelming. I enjoy the amount of choices so far and think they pretty well cover the series of reactions and emotions expected of a situation like this one. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your story with us :3

2 Likes

I definitely did not name mine Clark Kent :slight_smile:

@SamsonJBodney Amazing demo it really made me feel like i was stepping into lois lanes shoes,
can’t wait to see what the next update brings.

2 Likes

@SamsonJBodney stumbled upon your demo today and had fun reading them, can’t wait to see the rest of the story :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes