Winter of the Bovine [4/5 Chapters, 50k words]

I’m so proud of her!! I hope she got a happy ending.

3 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young Really enjoyed the demo. I was neutral to Peanut (dude’s just a dog), but violent to all the humans and predators. I liked Snowball and was actually laughing in disbelief when I saw that Bubble was seemingly gonna die soon. I hope we get to save the little guy and bust outta that farm, any means necessary. That’s my wanted style, at least.

PS: Regarding this game’s intended message, I actually don’t think its wrong to eat animals and honestly love eating meat. However, the way animals are treated on so many occasions is undeniably senseless and vile.Especially on farms. I enjoyed this demo so much and will be following it to its (hopeful) completion. I think this is definitely an issue worth spreading the word about (not to mention this was just plain a blast to read).

The best of luck to you, good sir.

3 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying the story and characters! I should mention, though, that what I’m portraying here is like heaven compared to most farms. Factory farms are 100x more common and 100x more brutal.

And I’ll definitely be finishing this within the next few months. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And that’s so unacceptable, in my eyes.

Ah, take your time! A game this unique deserves to be at its highest potential.

3 Likes

Image result for baby bull

How I imagine Bubble. Cyote lil’ dude.

8 Likes

I posted an image of how I imagined him a while ago, too. ac5306a3946ac25306bc7c17b19c3f5f17f2c277_1_660x500

4 Likes

cow kick by GlobeyM7

My character if Bubble and/or Snowball die.

3 Likes

Relevant.

2 Likes

I was a bit unsure of how this would be but after playing the wip I enjoyed it :smiley:

1 Like

Glad to hear it, @Mrxanite

Btw everyone, progress is going smoothly. After tonight, I’ll have 8k for Chapter 2, which means I should be posting it within the next few days.

5 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Hmm I have a question about cows.
Since they get milked every day and mothers only get milk after the baby is born does it mean cows will have to constantly get pregnant and have babies?

3 Likes

Precisely. So a constant cycle of artificial impregnation and getting milked, then slaughter once milk production declines.

4 Likes

Then did the MC already have babies before?
This seems rather sad

2 Likes

It’s very sad!

Yes, the MC, at age 2, has had one baby and is due for insemination in a few days.

3 Likes

Can you save your baby or it died already?
Also if the baby is a girl won’t she grow in the farm too?

3 Likes

Your first baby was a boy so he was slaughtered at a week old since they’re considered useless. A very small number of boys are kept, though, to make the semen.

Correct. All girls are raised to make dairy.

4 Likes

Couldn’t you get revenge for the baby? Like attack the farmers or something.
And how many babies will an old farm cow have before she gets killed?

2 Likes

Why do you think I’m writing this story :wink: ?

Dairy cows usually only live 6 years maximum, though a cow’s natural lifespan is 20 years or more. So up to five babies.

3 Likes

This is really sad, cows have to suffer so much and watch their babies leave just cause of some milk.
Even more sad is that it’s happening right now all over the world yet nobody cares.
By the way can cows survive in the wild? Say you do manage to escape with the other cows, can they even survive there?

2 Likes

Yep. :frowning: That’s my motivation for writing this story. It’s entertainment, but it also has an important message.

No, they aren’t realistically able to survive in the wild, but there are tons of sanctuaries that take cows and other animals in to give them a farm life without the exploitation.

5 Likes