Winter of the Bovine [4/5 Chapters, 50k words]

Can I play this game while eating a steak? I really want to immerse myself.

9 Likes

so-it-begins

10 Likes

Sounds quite moooooving.

3 Likes

I just completed and submitted The Magician’s Burden. Now, onto Winter of the Bovine!

14 Likes

Relevant. 12963785_10208260302098761_2514911978434132611_n

10 Likes

I’m actually suspecting that this cow MC is a descendant from an unicorn. And that it has the amazing superpowers to be invisible.

The cow’s secret trump card:

The Cow-MOO-flage

3 Likes

I could go for a steak right about now…

2 Likes

Actually cows can be scary at times. This is what I tell people when they have a go at me for swimming out where the sharks potentially are

Edit: I do actually know someone almost killed by one. I’m guessing your cows aren’t going on an attack spree though?

3 Likes

Yeah, with billions of cows killed a year, they’re bound to kill a couple humans back. One good kick could kill you, but they’re originally gentle and sweet.

5 Likes

You were already ninja’d by another unoriginal troll, buddy. You got this, though. I believe in you. You can do it.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to get a good ending though? In real life your ending will be getting killed and later sold as steaks…

5 Likes

Yeah, there will be good endings. That’s why I’m writing the story.

10 Likes

Because the only beef Samuel H Young intends to enjoy is the kind you have with other people. A dish best served burned, I suppose.

4 Likes

Beefs are awful for you, but they are incredibly delicious.

3 Likes

Wait, if we play as a cow then the game is gender-locked right?

4 Likes

Jesus, I haven’t even posted the demo yet and all the trolls are swarming. Have some self control, please.

@fay
Yes, it will be the first gender-locked female CoG.

5 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think punnery is quite the same as actual trolling, such as the steak comment. I have no interest in attacking your vegan nature or what strikes me as a very unique and potentially engaging WIP. I am just hoping that someone will feel my attempts at humor are well done. But sadly, such accolades are rare indeed.

12 Likes

Oh, I don’t mean you or @fay. You’re just being silly. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean all the “steak” comments solely intended to rile me up. I know it’s inevitable but I assumed people would at least wait until the link was up.

5 Likes

@hustlertwo made an honest misteak. I hope @Samuel_H_Young can be mooved to forgive him. I know that steak jokes raise red flags for vegans (and Hindus), but I would urge @Samuel_H_Young to ruminate on the issue before there’s a beef over some bullshit. Sometimes we just need to grab life by the horns and milk it for all it’s worth, you know?

Anyway. I am udderly horrified by the disregard for one anothers’ feelings shown in this thread. Perhaps we should hold an icebreaker and socialize some? We could even get matching team Jerseys, so as to stand out from the cud-chewing herd.

16 Likes

In other news, I’ll likely be finishing Chapter 1/6 of WotB tonight, which amounted to 10k. It looks like I’ll be posting the full beta within the next three months or so.

6 Likes