Winter of the Bovine [4/5 Chapters, 50k words]

Cows are SO CUTE!!! And obviously Ozzy is hilarious.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Oh my hecking god :sob::sob::sob::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

EDIT:
I’ve made a new poll on an actual poll-making site, which is something I should have done a long time ago. It’s editable and it’s got cool statistics that come along with it. The poll is in the first post, so feel free to vote for your favorite characters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, everyone. It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new chapter here, but rest assured that I’m still working on this slowly.

I was doing some research for the story and I came across this. (An image from an organic farm) :sob::sob::sob:

FB_IMG_1530594117300

4 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I just visited a vegan animal sanctuary, Gentle Barn, where they rescue animals from slaughterhouses and farms and give them happy, peaceful lives! Here are a few photos I got with the precious cows.

:green_heart::innocent::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215081460863467&id=1639351647

A video of me cuddling a cow!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Hey, everyone, you can now save your game’s progress! Thanks, CJW.

4 Likes

As a vet tech student, I had the opportunity to learn about large animal diseases and see/do quite a few routine practices in keeping a cow healthy. I also got to visit a very large cow-calf ranch, though only for a day. Let me know if you have any questions about the medical side of things, and I’ll do my best to help.

3 Likes

Hey, everyone, I hope to be posting Chapter 4 in the next week or so.

Also </3

3 Likes

MAJOR UPDATE:

Chapter 4 is now on the demo. At 15k, this is the longest and darkest chapter yet, so I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on it. The total word-count of the demo is now 49k, and the play-through length is up to 26k. As always, typo spotting, feedback, and bug-spotting are very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

There’s only one more chapter to go, and I plan on completing it sometime in September.

7 Likes

This pops up when you click on the demo.

Hopefully this won’t be too hard to fix :grin: Can’t wait to read the new chapter~

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s fixed now!

3 Likes

So, for a bit of fun, I sorted the characters from several of my stories into Hogwarts Houses, and I just realized I didn’t do that for WotB. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So, here we go:

Gryffindor:

• Winter

Slytherin:

• Havoc
  • Astral
  • Dennis
  • Gemima
  • Binky
  • Saraphina

Ravenclaw:

• Snowball
  • Vapor

Hufflepuff:

• Bubble
  • Peanut
  • Boris
  • Meadow
2 Likes

A wizarding school for cows

3 Likes

I actually quite like this so far; not only is the story really interesting, but the entire thing is rather unique from what I’ve seen. I mean, we don’t have many games that allow you to play as an animal on here, let alone a normal cow. Kinda wished there were more animal games like that.

On a side note, I think I encountered a bug with the stats; you’re able to push past 100% if you’re very specific with choices, for example:

1 Like

Now this is what I call innovation. But, will I be able to romance a wolf or some chickens?

1 Like