You’re stressing about far more than just your studies at Windmere Academy for Masters and Their Familiars when students’ magical companions begin to go rogue—and it isn’t exactly a piece of cake to get to the bottom of things when it seems everybody and their dragon is trying to stop you.
- Ch.1: Added new nickname options for most of the preset names.
- Ch.2: Please let me know if the hair type descriptions were appropriate, or if I missed any! I tried to do my research, but mistakes are bound to be made. I’d love to hear from all of you with curls of your own.
As mentioned, Chapter 2 has not been proofread and may or may not contain mediocre writing. I’ll edit and add the plans I had as soon as I can, but in the meantime, if you catch any errors, please feel free to let me know!
More miscellaneous fun info on Chapter 2 will be in the replies somewhere.
- Solve the mystery of Windmere Academy for Masters and Their Familiars! Will you do it to save your peers, or to uncover your own past? Alone, or with the help of trusted allies?
- Customize your appearance and personality to your liking!
- Encounter all the mythical creature companions that inhabit Aezolon, from the fiery phoenix to the bewitching basilisk!
- Discover hidden power within you! Harness your unique ability to hear the voices of those previously thought speechless… Will you keep it a secret, or share it with your friends?
- Romance a bubbly kitsune with hidden insecurities! Pursue a charming elf prince ashamed of his royal blood! Court a prim and proper aristocrat secretly crumbling under the pressure! Or find love with a fairy that distracts herself from her own loneliness with books!
- Take the reins in your romantic endeavors, or allow them to make the first move!
- And more as it comes!
I’m always looking for feedback of any sort, but for example, if you have concerns such as…
There was a typo/formatting error/some strange grammar here
There wasn’t any choice I liked here. Could we add the option to [suggestion]?
The story felt as if it flowed poorly at [section]
[Character] feels a little unlikable. Maybe if they did/didn’t do [insert thing here]
[Story element] was vague or difficult to understand. Could it be explained a little better?
…please feel free to leave them in the replies. But also, absolutely anything else you could think of!
Windmere Academy is a comedy/mystery/fantasy/romance/what have you! You play as an MC just recently having come of age, attending an academy where other students come to summon magical creature companions called familiars and learn to harness their power. There are four RO’s, all with their own stories to explore and influence, and there will be a good amount of focus on your relationships with them.
I am writing this passion project amidst other life things, so though I hope to update as frequently as possible, new chapters may be spaced! I also apologize for the inevitable grammatical (or otherwise) errors. I am quite the amateur, and I would very much appreciate feedback of any sort, as I really want to improve to create the best possible experience for all of you. If you’d like to, please don’t hesitate to let me know any thoughts, criticisms, comments, questions, suggestions…you name it!
I was inspired by such games as Tally Ho, Wayhaven, A Player’s Heart, and many, many more. I’d like to thank these wonderful authors for doing what they do. I could never hope to be quite so skilled, but I sure can try!
Lastly, thank you so much for reading. It truly means the world to me. I really hope you enjoy!