"No selectable option" error message

Okay. But the problem is still there. Let me go into detail a bit more

Once I reach the 10 point mark after distriputing most of it, thats when the “no selectable option” pops up

Can we see the modified code now?

*if (points > 10) #Strength
*set strength +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points > 10) #Speed
*set speed +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points > 10) #Intelligence
*set intelligence +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points > 10) #Taijutsu
*set taijutsu +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points > 10) #Ninjutsu
*set ninjutsu +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points > 10) #Genjutsu
*set Genjutsu +10
*set points -10
*goto addpoints
*if (points =0) #Finished.
*goto wayoftheninja

Use *if (points > 0) and for the final one, try *if (points = 0) with the space.

Alright thanks. Gonna try it again.

btw, is there a faster way to test all your choices instead of doing it manually?

Sure. Use quicktest and randomtest. They’re in the choice game folder that you downloaded to make the game.

How? I have no idea how to use it. Not a rookie at choicescript or anything though

Just select the file that says randomtest (the one that says randomtest and has a picture of the browser you use to index the game files) double click it.

Just double click on the quicktest.html or randomtest.html file.

Whats the difference

Quicktest runs through the whole thing once like making sure each option is fine. Randomtest runs multiple runs, choosing different seeds to test your story from different angles. At least that’s how I see it.

What the hell are the illiteration and seed things

Iterations is how many times you want randomtest to run your game. Seed is how randomtest will make its selections when running the tests.

Damn, it wont start!

What is the error that randomtest is having? An error post would be nice and there are certain commands that quick/randomtests don’t recognize like *restore_password

The problem is you have points > 10 and points < 10.

When points is exactly 10, you can’t choose either of them. It’s not less than 10, it’s not greater than 10.

You need to chance one or both of them to >= or <= which is ‘greater than OR EQUAL’.

At first, you were covered if points>10 or points<10.

When I pointed out that you forgot to include points=10, you changed it…

But, you took away the points<10 option, so there is still one missing.

You need to have every option covered: points>10, points=10 and points<10

Try with
*if (Points >=10)
instead of
*if (Points > 10)

@Storyvector – I’m taking the liberty of tweaking your thread titles so that people experiencing the same problem in the future can tell what the thread’s about.

2 Likes

I will also point out that if you leave it at *if (points = 10) and *if (points > 10), there will be 10 points left to choose from and if the OP has displayed how many points are remaining in the pool, players will be wonder why are there still 10 points left to spend and why can’t they choose the option to spend their points.