Whiskey-Four [WIP] [First round of Beta Testing underway!]

You seriously can’t believe that bacon has gone out of his way to torture us with yet another cliffhanger? The day bacon makes an update without a cliffhanger is the day I’ll convert to Scientology.

30 Likes

I just want to keep flirting with Castle, man…

Also I hope someone calls my whiskey a boomer for using a 1911, To the confusion of everyone

30 Likes

If that happens, I want a retort option that calls them out for having a weak ass weapon.

16 Likes

The Lord’s Caliber!

Know why I carry a .45? Cause they don’t make a .46!

18 Likes

Overall I liked this update a lot, just a couple continuity issues during the whole action sequence in the hotel when it comes to ammunition for the pistol though.

Also I feel cheated, alone with castle in a hotel room and it just skips to the next day, awkward flirting quota not being met, hmpf :smirk:

12 Likes

WHAT a chapter

50 Likes

I pretty sure bacon is fueled by our anguish, so it all works out.

25 Likes

Be careful, bacon could not end on a cliffhanger just for converting you to Scientology :joy:

6 Likes

Now that would just be needlessly cruel

5 Likes

The cliffhanger :rofl:

4 Likes

OH MY. GOSH. The way this IF is written I could literally picture everything happening in my head cinematic action-movie style. Like. AUGH. I played through both the fight and flight options fully, which is something I don’t usually do until the end of an IF HSFNERF. BUT LIKE. AHH. I was freaking out during the train sequence; it almost feels illegal for the MC to be this badass It’s SO GOOD!!!

(The hoarder in me saved the grenade until the last moment where the MC gets jumped in the catwalks, and I was about to use it but then Uly jumped in-)

OKAY BUT SPEAKING OF ULY, HOLY SHIT??? AHHH. HOW THE HECK DID HE EVEN GET THERE HOWD HE KNOW WE’D BE THERE?? THE TRAIN THING WASN’T PLANNED HOW WAS HE WATCHING US WHAT- SHDNFUEHKUJDSM<

18 Likes

Hey @Bacondoneright, I few questions about the game. Are the trains in game kinda like The Fifth Element movie train in the one scene were Leeloo (Milla Jovovich) is standing on the ledge and the train rushes past her on the side of building or is like a normal trains? :steam_locomotive::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car: Anyways lets choo choo past that long question. What was Ulysses code name? Btw the update was awesome!

7 Likes

My guess, U is already stated to know way more about computers than mc, so it is possible he may have hacked into the police drone camera’s and their communications. Furthermore it wouldn’t surprise me if the rest is either him using his unparalleled knowledge of the mc or some sort of predictive algorithm he developed, or both.

23 Likes

If I might suggest something in regards to your choice of weapon at the start, given the setting it immediatley occured to me something similar to the Lawgiver from the Judge Dredd universe might fit very well into your setting it would probably allow you to come up with a fitting name for the two choices that aren’t the classic M1911.

Also I am a bit of a gun guy (mechanical rather than shooting) given the setting I’d suggest current generation weapons are caseless so it would be a good detail to mention your M1911 still fires cased bullets. And on the 1911 itself it struck me that it might make more sense if the pistol had a connection to the MC’s ancestors, extremely high quality M1911’s can be bought from quite a number of manufacturers, many allowing a degree of customisation for example Ed Brown 1911 Custom Build | Ed Brown Products, Inc.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse any particular M1911 manufacturer, calibre or design. Link was merely for informational reasons.

Edit: Holy crap look how expensive those pistols are.

21 Likes

Get used to it lol

And you very well might not need to convert. Writing cliffhangers is an addiction, especially for a story like Whiskey which is essentially an action movie turned into IF.

I actually have some scenes planned involving the 1911.

Definitely will be a possibility.

God made man, Sam Colt made man equal.

Went back and checked. You’re absolutely correct. I should have them fixed for the next update.

I was genuinely debating giving the option to sleep her with, but I decided against it considering the MC is still reeling from the revelation of Uly’s survival. It’d feel a bit… tonally inconsistent.

The tears sustain me.

^^^

I like to keep y’all on your toes.

I was cackling when I wrote it lol

Good to hear!

Tune in next time to find out…

I was thinking more Coruscant from Starwars, but on rails if that makes any sense.

You’ll find out eventually…

It’s certainly a possibility.

That’s a little high-tech compared to what I was thinking Whiskey would be able to have on them, Uly’s railgun not withstanding.

I was planning on the more advanced guns being caseless, but I think the detail of casings bouncing and skipping really adds to the visceral feel of a gunfight. Silence in between bursts being punctuated by brass rattling across the ground, et cetera et cetera.

The MC doesn’t exactly have a great connection to their ancestors, though, considering the circumstances of their childhood.

32 Likes

Can’t disagree with you there, I had Lawgiver lite in mind rather than the swiss army knife of guns. Something that fits into the niche you are aiming for when selecting it, a multifunction weapon of subtlety, and the the same for firepower. Poisoned/anesthetic darts, being able to fire tracking/sensor loads, listening devices that kind of thing. As for fire power, explosive tipped rounds, armour peircing loads those kinds of options to spice things up and give the MC different options during conflict.

Totally get you. If you do implement high tech weapons being caseless I will throw out a suggestion that they fire flechettes probably multiple to a single shot fired, something like 3 that strike a target in a very tiny MOA. Coupled with a design that penetrates body armour and then tumbles when it enters human tissue you have a recepie for a brutally effective cartridge for a futuristic weapon.

The ancestors business was just me spitballing a reason you would hold onto an antique. I should have clarified that my focus was more on the actual weapon itself than the reason you have it. As I demonstrated in the link I provided you can purchase extremely high end 1911 pistols that with proper care would last the test of the time, a Colt made 1911 is a very average factory pistol. Also don’t forget your .45 +P, because if you have a .45 it may as well fire extra saucy .45! :smiley:

3 Likes

A candid picture of Bacon while writing the next update

47 Likes

Add some bags under the eyes from sleep deprivation and bandaids on the fingers and it’s spot on.

Edit: Oh yeah and bloodshot eyes. Like a true author.

1 Like

I read “more advanced puns being baseless” and was very confused.

5 Likes

Except a ridiculously fancy name…for a street kid. :wink:

I was hoping for something like the tech sniper rifle or pistol from Cyberpunk.

It’s just a suggestion though I was hoping Whiskey might be able to loot a more high tech, iconic weapon if we go up against more advanced Uvarov agents in the future. :thinking:

I don’t think my mc has a particularly sentimental attachment to his time as a street kid or in the army…with one exception…if the thing was a gift from U in the first place. Though I guess it is also possible my mc might have looted and kept the antique during some shit he did as a street kid too.

6 Likes