Whiskey-Four [WIP] [Part Four Released] [November 22nd, 2022]

I love how you keep updating your work at a quick pace but I hope you’re not overworking yourself, you’re absolutely free to write and post whenever you feel like because this is your story.

Thanks for the update though<3.

6 Likes

Lol no worries its allways been called whiskey four here in the forums so i think its bacons orgonal name at least here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

I’ve been making shockingly good progress with this work.

Fixed!

I will neither confirm nor deny if this is the case.

This is actually right on the money.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Lol it’s always been Whiskey-Four

They were both shorter in terms of raw wordcount, but I’ve still been making good progress.

I knew this would get people.

@Sheena_Felmey Glad you enjoyed it!

Don’t worry, I’m not. I’ve just been really enjoying writing this one, so productivity naturally follows.

34 Likes

I dont know if its been pointed out before, but if you sleep with Driver, there are a couple of instances later that check for the condition “driver_handholding”, which is never set in the first place, so there’s no way of getting the custom dialogues with Castle at the relay or with Driver when you flirt with him later.

3 Likes

…excellent view of Callan’s body…

That cliffhanger is evil. Loved all the POV swaps during the chase really added to the experience <3.

8 Likes

You a halo reach fan, bacon?

4 Likes

Wow! I wasn’t expecting another banger of an update so soon but I am happy that it’s here!

I only caught one imprecision maybe.

I took the Flight option in Epitome, and unless I missed a sentence somewhere I think Whiskey no longer has the knife in that route (I’m referring to “You reach a hand into the pocket of your suit jacket and draw the blade Castle gave you. […] You release the knife, leaving it embedded in his gut.”)

That definitely was one hell of a cliffhanger… What an entrance! Other favorite moments of this update: robotic eye action, and the amount of imprecations in Whiskey’s internal (and external, to be fair) dialogue. I’ve also enjoyed reading more of Mendez, I’m looking forward to see what her role going forward will be👀

5 Likes

This update maintains the same action-tension rhythm as the other chapters, you manage to give the story a feeling of being in an action movie at least that’s how I feel, and damn I feel sorry for Whiskey without a minute of peace, to say the government is corrupt would be an understatement when they support a murderous mega corporation.

8 Likes

That Emile reference was appreciated.

3 Likes

this last update in particular was incredible - I think my heart was actually beating faster from the adrenaline lol

2 Likes

billy-sole-predator

17 Likes

Oh my gosh, I feel like in a 1980’s sci-fi action movie :star_struck::smiling_face_with_tear::heart_eyes:
It’s awesome and amazing and I dread the part with Ulysses, what will he do with us now? :joy:

8 Likes

Good catch. Should be fixed now.

Good to hear! Typo should also be fixed.

@TacticalFragment

Hmmm. Not sure if I should allow Whiskey to retrieve the knife, or have losing the knife be a ‘consequence’ of fleeing. Good catch regardless.

Who knows?

Definitely the vibe I’m going for.

Certainly got their shit kicked in this part lol

Glad you enjoyed it!

@Paradox1 Rip and tear…

That’s good to hear!

:wink:

27 Likes

…until it is done. We send unto them…only you

7 Likes

The options are somewhere between kiss or kill. Cool gun and shades by the way…that to impress poor old Whiskey or is that just the kind of guy U always was? :thinking:

13 Likes

are we gonna see more U flashbacks? doesn’t have to be related to the betrayal, just some day-to-day i guess(?)

curious about how they used to be. they just seemed angry and murderous all the time now, or maybe they’ve always been like that lmao thats fine too

8 Likes

Just played all the way thru for the first time it was good I really like this story so far last few chapters got super intense I loved the action no hate for others story I like a lot but I think this is the best action scenes I saw on any game on this platform there are other I like but this was on a whole another level

2 Likes

Why you gotta ended like that. XD lmfaoooo omgggg

8 Likes

Did I just hear rip and tear? Copy that, leave no one alive.

9 Likes

Or both.

Or both.

I’m not sure. I don’t plan for there to be any flashbacks at all in this book, but that’s not set in stone.

You’ll definitely learn more about the past as the book goes on, but it just probably won’t be through flashback form.

Glad you enjoyed it!

:slight_smile:

In the code, the ID for the achievement is actually rip and tear.

28 Likes