Whiskey-Four [WIP] [First round of Beta Testing underway!]

Not offering beta bc I’d get too confused haha but just wanted to say that well done and I look forward to re-reading whiskey-four when it comes out :heart:

2 Likes

Just…discovered the game earlier today, been reading for hours non-stop, and… I LOVE IT.

The characters, getting their points of view, the superb world building and descriptions .

I felt I (or my alt Alexandra Ward) was running through the seedy underbelly of the city, bleeding, beaten, John Wick style, rarely getting a break.

I LOVED how you’ve made choices matter (how my avatar’s background and build matter (short, lithe, fast for me).

Nothing makes me love games more, than when they give us -real- choice and say in the story (choice is king!)

I’ve been playing games like these for years, and though Whiskey-Four is work in progress? I’m amazed :clap:
It’s close to the TOP of my list

I love this story to bits, it’s perhaps at the very top of my list (I have a dozen favourites :smile:).

THANK YOU, for writing , and for sharing this story with us. I’m at loss for word how much I liked this.

If there’s a Patreon, I’m tempted to sign up.
I will be buying this. :slightly_smiling_face:

I want to know how Whiskey-4 (for me Alexandra Ward) ends

6 Likes

No Patreon, sadly. If you haven’t tried already, check out eye, the forgotten one, the other game bacon wrote

4 Likes

Are the romances in this game heterosexual? And since this game will be in beta soon. Can we expect to see it release somewhere this year or next year?

1 Like

There’s really only one actual “romance” in this game, a character who is gender flippable based off of the MC’s orientation, and yeah, my guess is a late 2024 or early 2025 release, depending what happens with the publishing queue

2 Likes

You say “actual romance” so does that mean they have more or better quality in their romance content as compared to the others? And how many ROs are there all together and who are they? The summary didn’t list them. I’m thinking on trying the demo so I kind of want to prepared beforehand.

1 Like

Originally there were three romances and one fling. One of the romances is an obsessive ex and two are colleagues you just met. The two colleagues were downgraded to flings since the story happens in only a few days and that isn’t really enough time to develop deep feelings for someone. I think Bacon mentioned that it’s possible for the flings with the colleagues to evolve into a romance in a distant epilogue but in the story, the only actual romance will be the ex.

3 Likes

The thing with whiskey is that the whole game takes place over, like, three days, and most of that is spent running around and trying not to die. There’s at least one fling and a couple others you can flirt with, but there’s only one actual character You can romance, and most of that content comes from flashbacks, and point a few jumps. The character in question is an ex of yours, and the romance is basically deciding whether you want to start things up again whilst trying to avoid the whole dying bit

4 Likes

So… The “only” RO is an obsessive ex who’s most likely a stalker and will keep hounding us? Are they a yandere type that tries to hurt or kill people around us or more of a lovestruck stalker like the girl from the “Mirai Nikki” anime but without the homicidal murderer part? And are they the one who is gender-flippable based on our sexual orientation?

1 Like

No to the first question, I don’t get the reference for the second bit, and yes they’re the one I was referring to

1 Like

They’re unhinged and obsessively hunt down the MC for revenge and because they need their help. They aren’t the type to murder out of jealousy, instead killing out of anger or desperation for their mission.

2 Likes

freedom
This is the girl I was talking about. Someone who’s willing to break in your house to probably watch you sleep without you knowing, kill anyone who they think is a possible “rival” or threat, and carries around skulls of her own parents who I’m not sure if she offed or not.

3 Likes

They have a reason for what they did. We are not in the know of why.

I am working on rekindling that. The other two are just acquaintances to me. Depends on what you choose how things are when run into your old flame again too.

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind having someone like her going after me as long as I can control them and they don’t start trying to kill people around me when they did nothing wrong yet or unless they were enemies.

3 Likes

Yeah, they come off as much more rational than that; want you, yes, very much obsessive to some extent, but it’s more that they want to rekindle what was broken before and bring things back to normal, rather than, I want you and won’t let anyone else have you. It’s not, say, samurai of Hyuga levels of insane

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say that the ex and Yuno are alike. It’s been a while since I watched Mirai Nikki but iirc Yuno is obsessed with making Yuki hers and fulfilling her idea of a perfect romance with him. The ex in Whiskey Four is more like a man/woman obsessed with their mission and flip flops between wanting to kill you for revenge, needing you for their mission, and wanting to get back together with you.

2 Likes

I stopped around the fourth or third installment of Samurai of Hyuga I think. In the middle of it since I needed to take a break since a lot of stuffs happened. Still haven’t finished the whole series yet.

I think part of the reason why I stopped was I was getting bored since the whole animal spirit powers wasn’t being expanded on enough yet. Like at the part where I was at, I was expecting spirit armor based on the animal spirits, spirit claws, special or unique attacks based on their and eventually full on transformation either with a full form or something similar to Natsu’s dragonize mode.

3 Likes

SoH is in my top favorites, next to ITFGO and this one.

Drink Villian Juice will end up there and the Corrupted One.

All “broken” MCs get into favs, others only to top liked or just meh not liked or hated.

5 Likes

You should try Shattered: Oblivion then since you like “broken” mcs.

3 Likes

I have, didnt remember to put it on. But those are my preferences. The IF Band also can “have” a broken MC, its optional it seems. Its good too.

1 Like