Which name do you perfer?

But I… just noticed. So did @port3r.

*trolling*

Seriously though, hey new laptop, good for you. As for the old one was totally goner, have you tried getting the hard drive off of your lappie and see if it may still work if you hook it up on another computer like @gamejunkie suggested? The water might just get to the other part/s of the machine and not the disk.

And be sure to keep your files in the cloud, like dropbox or evernote.

@FcA I’m not really good with computers, so I don’t have a clue on how to take out the hard drive. However, I bet I could get a friend who knew what to do to help me.

@fantom I have backed up my new work on a USB drive. Never again! :stuck_out_tongue:

Krol because it’s easy to say and remember.

(*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) ANERONT (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

ANERONT

6 votes Krol.
2 votes Zeryleus.
4 votes Aneront.

6 votes Krol.
2 votes Zeryleus.
4 votes Aneront.

Thanks everyone for voting! New question: What would you name a game where you were a young Knight that lived in the divided country of Krol ;-), the neighboring nations of Aneront and Zeryleus have both stated that they want the resources of Krol, and are ready to take it by force. In Krol, sides are divided between the three families: The Krylliads, the Parpynes, and the Anuts. The first two families are the families that have traditionally ruled over Krol, but the Anuts now want to be represented in the Commission, a role traditionally only held for Krlliadians and Parpynans. The last King, a foreigner, passed away with no heirs to the Throne and now the position is up for grabs. Coincidently, or perhaps on purpose, a fire on the Commission’s main building has led to many of the representatives dying from the flames, and all three families are fighting to get as much power as is possible. All whilst the foreign power of Aneront and Zeryleus are stealing land from the native Krols and raiding many of Krol’s trade routes. Without a family to lead the nation, or a King for that matter, Krol is open to enemy forces. The only reason that no one has invaded is because of the huge amount of Nobles and Knights who have the resources to protect their lands, but both the Aneronts and Zeryleusians are building up their armies each day. In the middle of this is you, a young Knight who must find his own way in this new world.

So, any ideas for a name?

How about “The King’s Sovereignty”

“trolling in kroll poison the adversity” sorry is a joke I bad with names A divided land: kroll kingdom?

“The Ashen Throne,” if the throne room was in the same building as the commission.

I like “The King’s Sovereignty”, but I also like “The Ashen Throne”. Decisions, decisions. :-?

Quick question about choice script: For selectable options, how would I do it? Is it like tis:

*label store
What weapon do you want to buy?
*choice
  #Sword.
    You bought a sword!
    *goto store
  *selectable_if gold coins = 50#Shield.
    You bought a shield!
    *goto store
  *selectable_if gold coins = 100#Battle-axe.
    You bought a Battle-axe!
    *goto store
  *selectable_if gold coins = 150#Gun.
    You bought a gun!
    *goto store
  # I don't want to buy anything right now.
   *goto town-square

Am I doing it right?

@ItalionStailon I believe that the *selectable_if has to be immediately after the choice itself, like so:

What weapon do you want to buy?

*choice

#Sword.

\*selectable_if gold coins = 50#Shield.

You bought a sword!

\*goto store

#Shield.

\*selectable_if gold coins = 100#Battle-axe.

You bought a shield!

\*goto store

#Battle-axe

\*selectable_if gold coins = 100#Battle-axe.

You bought a Battle-axe!

\*goto store

Also, I still don’t know how to do the forum formatting thing.

I thought it’s always safer to put a condition inside ( ) during a check to avoid anything nasty.

So in your case: *selectable_if (coins=50) #Item of choice.

edit
@fantom It would be single line afaik. The #selectable_if bit is where you tell the option to be non-grayed out when the condition is met.

Thanks @fantom and @FcA! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any idea of why I keep getting a script error whenever I try to test my game on Firefox? It doesn’t work on other browsers either, so I am guessing it is a problem with mygame.js?

Would someone be kind enough to look at my mygame.js and see what is wrong with it? I just get a “Script Error” whenever I try to test the game.

I think there’s alot to be said for a game where lords and great men fight for a pile of ash. I like the Ashen Throne,