Which COG/HG story would you want to live in?

Probably Samurai of Hyuga or Wayhaven Chronicles. Both series have AMAZING and well developed characters, interesting storylines, and cool mixtures of reality with fantasy

2 Likes

If you were an elvhen, would you rather live in Arlathan or present day Thedas?

@Frogs Considering that in Arlathan you would be functionally immortal, but you might be enslaved and slaughtered by similarly immortal and extremely bored God-kings who hunt people (Andruil) and start wars (Falonā€™din expressly, but implied all of them) for sport.

Samurai of Hyuuga.

I keep putting off practicing my Japanese. Thereā€™d be no excuses then. Because you know, if not? Then Iā€™d be dead.

That or Sixth Grade Detective. Why?

Because Iā€™m no wandering ronnin but I betcha that I can beat the shit out of a couple of sixth graders.

2 Likes

Again, Psy High seems to be one of the prime candidates as it might only be a slightly alternate universe compared to ours (vibrating on a close quantum frequency or something if you are inclined to technobabble). :thinking:
(M)any of the others in seemingly contemporary settings might have an alternate CoG in existence, particularly Choice of Robots, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d want to live in that universe as it seems to few professional skills I have would all become redundant and since I donā€™t own much capital that would resign me to a permanent underclass in a robot and later biotech dominated world where neo-liberal peak-capitalism is seemingly going to be dominant forever. :worried:
Lastly Totem force could have a version of CoG still in existence, if not then large parts of its alternate catalog of titles might have survived whatever WW3 was that seems to be at the basis of Totem Forceā€™s new world order.
Still kinda curious about its sequel but then my mc chose to do away with all of the super-powers in the end and Iā€™m not sure that ending would be reflected in a sequel.

1 Like

It depends on the time period.
Iā€™d prefer to live in Arlathan of course and be a powerful immortal mage rather than being some city elf/live in the middle of the forest.
But thatā€™s only during the height of itā€™s power, if itā€™s after the downfall when Fenā€™Harel created the fade then Iā€™d rather live in modern times instead of getting slaughtered or enslaved by Tevinter.

Oh, no question ā€“ Iā€™d be the protagonist in ā€œChoice Of Magics.ā€ :yum:

In sixth grade (over 50 years ago) my class was asked a not wholly dissimilar question as a creative writing exercise: ā€œIf you could be the sibling of any fictional character you choose, which character would it be?ā€

I came up with two answers. I initially chose to be the brother of Little Orphan Annie; think of all the adventures! (And being the son of Oliver Warbucks wouldnā€™t be so bad, either.)

But then I changed my mind: the character Iā€™d really love to be the brother of, is Tom Swift Jr. He has tons of adventures, too, but of a very different kind, and invents all kinds of things like Repeletron Skyways or a Deep-Sea Hydrodome (to name a couple out of many). And the Swifts are (necessarily) pretty wealthy, too ā€“ they have their own massive imvention comp!ex, Swift Enterprises! :smiley:

2 Likes

Rent-a-vice. I havenā€™t finished this one yet but I like the atmosphere

Exactly, the game makes me mad for no reasonā€¦ Whatever you do youā€™re most likely become a failureā€¦

Maybe @burninglights two WIPā€™s. Either one is fine if Iā€™d get the body and skills of the mcā€™s I play there.
As myself College Tennis wouldnā€™t be so bad I guess as a lawyer or other legal worker, as long as it is upstate New York and not the big, rotten apple itself.

As fun as the worlds with magic or superpowers can be Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d want to live in them, certainly not as my ordinary self, but even as the mc as those poor mcā€™s tend to be in for a world of hurt both figurative but most often literally as well.

1 Like

Hahah I think itā€™s funny how youā€™d pick real places/worlds to be in :joy:

1 Like

Wayhaven as the mc. Id play along for the most part but also stop certain things from happening in the series.

1 Like

Oh man, my dad introduced me to Tom Swift, I think thatā€™s what first got me into sci-fi as a kid. Which is ironic, because for him it was as far as he ever went, he hates sci-fi or fantasy as a general rule, prefers more grounded stories.

As far as a CoG or HG world to inhabit, probably CCH. I like the time Eric took to flesh out the small parts of the world that a lot of more grandiose stories might miss.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a big difference between ā€œTom Swiftā€ and ā€œTom Swift Jr.ā€ Which one are you referring to?

The ā€œTom Swift Jr.ā€ series features a sidekick, Bud Barclay, and sister, Sandra, and often features communications with friendly aliens (the ā€œSpace Friendsā€), among other distinguishing features.

When I was a kid, a friend of mine was into the original Tom Swift (sans ā€œJr.ā€) series, and I found those to be immensely boring, just judging from their titles alone (ā€œTom Swift and His Motorcycleā€? ā€œTom Swift and His Ocean Airportā€? ā€“ Theyā€™re called ā€œaircraft carriers,ā€ dude).

Finally, I often have no idea what the various abbreviations you people here use mean. Uh, ferinstince, whatā€™s ā€œCCHā€ā€¦?

1 Like

CCH is Community College Hero.

I honestly donā€™t recall whether it was Tom Swift or Jr. Been a long time.

None. As the great Nikos Kazantzakis said once; ā€œYou have the brushes, you have the colors, paint heaven and enterā€.

So i try to make my life as it is, a heaven to live.

I could definitely see myself in the Way Walkers world. Iā€™d probably want to find a way to devote myself to both Ulic and Bree.

Or I could be in the Community College Hero world, but only if I get to be that New Yorker with a baby carriage full of pugs.

1 Like

War for the West!!