When Twilight Strikes [updated 30/08/2021]

I was super excited for this update, and I wasn’t disappointed! I loved the new scenes you added in. And we got to meet K too, it’s always nice being introduced to an RO.
And the cliffhanger was chef’s kiss, I loved it! Thanks for creating such a great story.

7 Likes

Really enjoyed the new update. I’m so happy that we get to interact with K. The cliffhanger was awesome, truly has me yearning for more! Awesome update! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

mila!! thank you for reading and leaving this sweet comment. it’s always lovely seeing compliments from fellow writers <3

ahh i’m so glad! thank you <3

7 Likes

:sparkles: Awesome update :sparkles: I like that we met K, when I was playing I was like: Wait, u weren’t in my previous play, who r u? :joy:

1 Like

I have a question

Summary

Is there a reason we can’t stay to clean up the mess our partner made in the filing room?

I also found a loose = somewhere in the text, but of course I forgot to take a screenshot of it :woman_facepalming:

ahhaha i really like that scene too! i know it’s awkward since it’s an addition in an earlier chapter but i felt so weird about an ro being introduced in chapter five (as originally planned) so now that’s there! i’m glad you enjoyed <3

because i didn’t think of it? oops. it’s a great idea though and i’ll be sure to add that in a later update. regardless, the outcome here doesn’t really change much except for some flavour text in the opening scene for chapter four <3

5 Likes

When going through a save pre-update, I’ve noticed that, while it starts at the beginning of a chapter, it keeps the stats from when I last saved (for example keeping friendship and rivalry points with A and Blane even though the mc still hasn’t gone to work.) Is it a dashingdon thing?

it is, it has something to do with the way dashingdon handles the save files. when a chapter is re-uploaded, the chapter itself is reset but stats, toggles and variables are not :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, like @wanamingo said, it’s a dashingdon thing. the stats at this point in the game don’t matter as much but if you want to reset them, just tap through the beginning again and you’ll be good.

@fisheye

i’ll look into the feedback you gave, thank you!

in terms of A’s plan, i consider it a failure since Rylan got away because you went along with it. to me, the technicalities don’t really matter here. once you trust A, the assumption is that their plan is supposed to take Rylan in.

3 Likes

of course not. but going along with their plan shifts the responsibility of Rylan’s outcome to A. also, it’s in their nature to take the blame for things that may not necessarily be their fault.

regardless of that, there’s a choice that says “it’s not your fault” that should cover your concerns anyway.

2 Likes

WEEKLY UPDATE — April 25, 2021.

What I Did.

Earlier this week I finished writing and editing K’s infirmary scene for the demo, which went up on Friday!

From what I’ve seen, a lot of people have been liking it which I’m super happy about. I’ve been updating the files periodically if someone points out grammar issues so thank you to everyone who’s sent me feedback on those bits.

With the demo updated and that craziness out of the way, I’ve been taking a bit of time to myself. I’m still writing, but it’s not as much of a priority for me as relaxation is right now.

I have some of the opening for chapter four written and I’m really liking how it’s turning out right now. It’s always fun to go back to a character you haven’t written in a while.

Goals For Next Week.

• Continue writing (and possibly finish?) the opening for chapter four

Stats.

• 81,900 words (+ 2.9k)

Bit of a short update today, sorry! There’s never much to say after an update, but thank you to everyone who played it and/or expressed their excitement over it <3

29 Likes

Damn, I want to hit the “Report Blane for workplace harassment” button so bad.

12 Likes

ha, i don’t think what they say is extreme enough for that but that’s completely fair lol.

3 Likes

I’m really impressed by what you have so far, keep up the good work!

I really like the additions you added in the recent update, especially the introduction of K.

The only suggestion I have regarding the update is adding the dinner scene with A to the game since they’re a love interest. Currently, it’s glossed over and the reader is told what happened after the fact.

Granted, this is a WIP, so I don’t know if that’s a placeholder, but it would be a good opportunity to deepen the MC’s relationship with A as a friend and/or explore more of that “friends to lovers” tension you’ve been brilliantly portraying if the MC is romancing them.

1 Like

i would, but A already has so much screentime since they’re your partner. even in scenes where you don’t flirt they’re constantly beside you. it’s unfair to the other ros, especially K and Rylan. plus, there was already all those montage scenes earlier in the chapter and anything else is overkill to me.

i’m glad you liked it though! thank you <3

5 Likes

Huh. I… think you may be underestimating the severity of their actions then? I mean I guess if I hadn’t chosen the Blane option for the workout, it would just skirt the lines of harassment and simply being rude for no apparent reason, but the trying to force MC off the mat despite it being clearly against company rules?

Yeah, if this were irl, I’d take the matter to court. I’ve had enough bullying in my life, thanks.

You know your character’s motivations and inner workings, so I get that it’s easier for you to empathise with them and be more forgiving, but I gotta say I’m a little concerned that you seem to see this as nothing more than a “hurt people hurt people” case of lovable assholery.

6 Likes

honestly, i hadn’t thought it was until i searched up the definition right now. so yeah, i guess it does fit. i was mainly thinking that if you choose the choices to antagonize them back then it wouldn’t really make sense here since you’d be… harassing each other.

regardless, it’s advertised as a rivals/enemies to lovers route which is why it’s written that way. if it makes you uncomfortable (understandably so) then you don’t have to choose it <3

2 Likes

Oh that’s the thing lol, never have I once chosen to antagonise them back. I’ve always de-esclatated situations and chose the calmest answers (I love that those choices exist btw). I chose the Blane option in the training scene to see if I can figure out their motivation and understand them a bit better. Never expected them to be immaturely antagonistic to That extent, or be forced into an unfair fight while tired and injured.

4 Likes

hmm well, an explanation will come later and it’ll be up to you to decide whether you can accept what they’ve done. if you’re looking for more depth to their character, the media room scene might be more to your liking.

btw, there is a choice in the training scene that showcases that Blane doesn’t know that you’re still injured (the tired part is quite obvious i think), but maybe i should put that on the common route so that it’s more clear.

4 Likes

I didn’t play the update yet, but I prefer to ask beforehand. Is the media room scene an alternative to the training scene, or can you do both?
I don’t mind the training scene, but if it is one or the other, I’ll probably check out both and select the one I like the most.