When Life Gives You Lemons (October 25 2023) (WIP)

82bcc5112782e485d736d7ed498a7988-1-1

3 Likes

Unrealistic =/= implausible or illogical, though. Even if you’re looking for something that might not be so realistic, it should still feel like it makes logical sense and at least somewhat makes sense if the game is set within a realistic non-fantasy setting.

I’m also someone who likes games in these settings to feel realistic; not to my own life, but to that of the characters. Escapism to me doesn’t mean things have to so different from real life they’re not recognizable or relatable anymore, but just that I can make a lot of decisions and choices I might not be able to in my own real life.

5 Likes

In regards to the RO discussion, maybe making it so one of them is a little more difficult to romance would help? Maybe the teacher since parent-teacher relationships can be tricky? Idk.

I noticed how MC pulls any and everybody too, but I didn’t find it particularly bothersome I guess.

4 Likes

I knew I wasn’t alone in this feeling, and many felt like I was. This definitely spiraled into something it didn’t need to be.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for pointing that out, and to add to that. A suggestion is a suggestion and it would be hard to add everyone’s preference in a game.

Lol, exactly. and it’s also mentioned on the first page of the game.

Same.

I would think that the boss/coworker would be the trickiest one, but your suggestion is worth exploring because the teacher is the one with the least amount of time with MC, there’s no date for them yet besides that trip to the zoo that MC can completely miss if they don’t go.

Also with the arc I have for the teacher (romance-wise the teacher is… umm complicated) so it might work to have MC work harder to romance them. Thanks.

16 Likes

Please, stop commenting on my thread. I have nothing more to say to you. You made a suggestion and I said noted and thanks.

You’ve harassed me on my discord and on DMs. Please, just stop. Thank you.

27 Likes

No problem! I hope you figure something out that works for you!

3 Likes

I’m not going to change anything about them, the character will be the same. I think at the zoo trip, they ask for a kiss if you have enough romance points with them and if you don’t romance them they ask you for a date, so all I’ll do is increase the need for romance points, and lock some choices if you don’t have enough points.

18 Likes

Lock them up for horny.

11 Likes

I am not usually one for slice of life IFs but this is great! Being able to name the ex after the irl ex I may or may not still have feelings for is an excellent addition lol. So glad I spent the money on that security system, but part of me thinks that it is NOT barns…there is someone else mucking about.

10 Likes

i’m glad it’s just an option because if we had to name the ex i would’ve definitely named them after my ex and end up hating the character :sob:

i thought the same. thought barns is too obvious, so it can’t be him. but it’s so obvious that it makes me think it’s on purpose so we won’t think it’s barns when it is. thinking… :thinking:

7 Likes

Oh I hate mine too, but feelings are not entirely in my control lol

Oh, oooooooooh that is devious if that is the case. That or the house is haunted :laughing:

6 Likes

Or… :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: you guys are over thinking. One thing that’s true is that we all hate the character Barnes. CC did amazing job with building this character.

:smiling_imp::smirk_cat::kissing_cat: I’d knock him unconscious and rescue his pupper though…

5 Likes

#save cerberus

6 Likes

Yup… Train the baby to attack the old twat…

4 Likes

I actually think its going to happen. I mean there is the whole convo with the neighbor about the MC adopting a pet. The same neighbor says that Cerberus is usually very sweet but the old twat eggs him on. So IF the old prick IS responsible then that means poor little Cerberus may be needing a new family!

11 Likes

I’m not ready to open the other thread so…

We are live people! Add to Wishlist would be appreciated :two_hearts:

Steam link

36 Likes

OMG SUCH GOOD NEWS :partying_face: :partying_face:

I’m so happy for you, can’t wait until october. I miss Mack already :rofl:

8 Likes

I have found this game by pure chance, and it’s from the author of The Keeper of Midnight. What a treat :partying_face:

6 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::clap::tada::tada: Congratulations!!

1 Like