When Life Gives You Lemons (October 25 2023) (WIP)

:rofl: That’s so funny.

2 Likes

Lots of comments that I want to make, all of them good, but I keep getting distracted and not having the time to respond in full so I wanted to pass along my one request.

I made it a point not to tell anyone about the camera stuff I set up around the house, figuring that was my Ace in the hole. Unfortunately yeah right towards the end of the available material my character goes blurting out about it to people he talks to. Hoping there’s a way you might revise to make sure that letting anyone know about it is a very deliberate choice, and that if you do give it over to the cops, you ask them not to go spreading that knowledge around.

8 Likes

Finally had a chance to play this and it is fantastic!!! It’s so relaxing and I really dig the parenting aspect.

Is there possibly a curvy body option?

4 Likes

Would that be legal? Where I’m from, you’re required to let people know if there’s a recording camera surveillance on the lot.

1 Like

I think it’s legal providing the camera doesn’t catch anything that isn’t in your private property.

3 Likes

I love reading this!

I think Shane and Wyatt are my favorites…funny because they are like opposites to me😂

Also the possibility of Antoine being kid father I didn’t expected that…
I wonder how it will turn out later

8 Likes

Totally expected that, and expected it to come up sooner. All the clues are there. Antoine was your HS sweetheart and you broke up over cheating and near immediately moved away? Big pregnancy suspicion right there. Add to that the age of the child and how they specify things about Antoine that the story had you pick for the kid and it’s clear that’s an awful lot of drama in waiting whether they are or not.

Wyatt’s my fave. Even though I rolled my eyes and thought “another freaking blonde?” when he was introduced. SO many blonde LIs, lately. Or maybe I’m just getting oversensitive. It’s starting to feel like wallpaper around here.

5 Likes

Definitely in the US, you have to let the authorities know about the camera if they have cause to come around because it could help with any investigating that needs to happen. But I don’t think you need to inform anybody the minute you install it, and so long as it’s focused on your property, it’s not like you’re being a peeping Tom or anything, So there really isn’t that much of an issue. We have a security camera at my place and I’ve never heard anybody say boo about it, so…

Granted, there are videos of security cameras pointing out into the road and catching things going on across the street, but I suspect there are appropriate rules in place for those that I’m simply not aware of.

2 Likes

I’m curious about your thought about the possibility of Antoine fathering the MC’s child, is there a clue I’m missing? Or any hints? If that’s true imo it will be interesting, story line with lots of drama lol

3 Likes

Hey @CC_Hill thank you so much for making this amazing story! :heart: I’m kinda obsessed with all your games, Midnight Saga Series, Insert Rich Family Name i can’t wait for book 2, and most recently your WIP When Life Give Your Lemons.

Tbh, i’m sorry for my own enjoyment, i code-dive this WIP to mod especially the money stats, i admit you are excellent to code your game it’s the first time for me to have a little hard time to mod the stats from ChoicesScript.

This WIP is fantastic, and so well-written! I’ve enjoyed the story greatly thus far, one of my favorites for sure! I love the complexity of the characters and i enjoyed how you navigating our Mc’s relationship with all their LIs not early locked on one LI we can play the field lol. So i’m excited to see the rest of the story unfold and cant wait for future updates! :heart:

5 Likes

I think it so far this option only comes during play date with Fiffer and Amari. MC can then say that the father lives in Lemon (I don’t remember exact dialogue)

2 Likes

lol so much to reply to, but I’m loving all your interactions so far. :eyes: :popcorn:

I can try to fix that, but keep in mind that people not knowing about it will not change the outcome of who the perpetrator is. The main choice will go down to whether will you press charges or will you drop the charges when you find out who it is because that person will go to jail.

I can add that.

I think the rule of thumb here is that always expect you’re on camera. Especially in today’s day and age. Also, Lemon-town is a fictional town so as the mayor of said town I will say it’s not illegal at all.

This is something I’m testing. It might not make it to the final game lol. Some of the readers love the drama and this option is only available for certain MCs and Barlow being a man. Will see how things go.

Thank you so much. It’s always good to read some lovely and encouraging feedback as they keep me going. :two_hearts:

@CuriousArtemis the game allows you to flirt and romance everyone you want regardless of gender. Be careful not to choose the block options as they block romance with the ROs.
I will add variables for the queer option because as of now it’s only tracking MC being trans.

15 Likes

Imagine being the mayor of Lemon-town.

Yes I’m jealous, I’m extremely jealous.

4 Likes

Hi, hi! Loving this update. Will be posting some typos I encounter on my new (exciting) journey!

• In Mattos’s POV after looking at the MC’s ass: “Is it all the years of celibate?” Celibate should be “celibacy*”.
  • On the same page, consider changing “muffin’s tray” to “muffin tray” or “muffins’ tray”.
  • From Barlow’s POV about the MC’s father: “trully one of a kind” should be “truly
  • Also from Barlow POV: “You’re really the wisest Mom, arent you?” missing apostrophe on “aren’t
  • When talking to Olivier, the choice ""People who doesn’t like coffee . . . " should be "“People who don’t
  • When discussing the child’s punching the other student, "[NAME] just need to go outside . . . " should be “[NAME] just needs to go outside”
  • Monroe’s POV, when at the café, " . . . order number at this exact momnet . . . " misplaced “n”, should be “moment
  • During Fox 1st hookup scene, the “bulgde” should be "bulge"
  • Also during Fox 1st hookup: “everything out of Fox’ mouth” should be “everything out of Fox’s mouth”. Missing the s
  • Mattos’s date: " . . . my collection of throphies" should be, “my collection of trophies
  • Talking about Barlow’s bathrobe, " . . . instantly take me back to . . . " should be " . . . instantly takes me back to . . . "
  • About Harlem painting you, “That’s sounds fun.” should be “That sounds fun.”
  • Talking to Fiffer’s daughter, " . . . two of you to be friend." should be " . . . two of you to be friends."
  • Fiffer’s POV: " . . . because more ofthen than not . . . " should be "because more often than not
  • Costa’s POV: " . . . two of you shared an unexplicable bond . . . " should be " inexplicable bond".
  • Costa’s POV: “”[Child’s Name]," you reapeat." should be “”[Child’s Name]," you repeat.
  • About taking care of Raccoon, " . . . but it will be your responsability to remind me to feed him" should be " . . . but it will be your responsibility . . . "
  • On the Monroe date, Diane talking (if you also have red hair), " . . . it’s even worst in my family" should be, “it’s even worse in my family”
  • Also on the Monroe/Diane date, "I…I supposed we could work . . . " should be "I…I suppose . . . "
  • About your child’s birthday, "I finilaze the invitations . . . " should be "I finalize the invitations . . . "
  • Olivier commenting after telling you about his relationship: "I’m excited for your kid party . . . " should be "I’m excited for your kid’s party . . . "
    *Green commenting on your recent troubles, “Is the police on it?” should be, “Are the police on it?”
  • Also, your reply: "The police is confident . . . " should be "The police are confident . . . "
  • On the next page, " . . . next time something happen" should be " . . . next time something happens"
  • Also, " . . . give the edge of you desk . . . " should be "give the edge of your desk . . .
  • Responding to Fiffer, " . . . I look forward to see you . . . " should be "I look forward to seeing you . . . " The same error occurs when Fiffer replies. Should be “seeing you”.
  • On the page about seeing Wyatt in chapter 7, the phrase, “glassdoor” should be “glass door”.
  • About changing Green’s father’s doctor, the phrase “change doctor” should be “change doctors”.
  • “[Green] tries to smile and reaches for you hand” should be, “[Green] tries to smile and reaches for you hand”
  • Talking to Fiffer, " . . . you litterally ruined your life" should be " . . . you literally ruined your life"
  • When snooping in Mattos’s files: “can’t help but smile jut reading” should be “can’t help but smile just reading”
  • “negociate” on Chapter 8 page should be “negotiate”

Great job! Loved reading this. Some of the previous typos I mentioned on post #426 are still there, too, but I’m sure you’ll encounter them after another pass.

6 Likes

I don’t remember this election… >_>

6 Likes

Unless there’s only one muffin per tray, I’d wager.

2 Likes

Thank you soooo much That is sooo great. Love those.

It was De facto.

8 Likes

Hi! Yes I was able to flirt with female barista and police office, so that was why I deleted my comment :joy::sweat_smile: but thank you for replying anyway. I did not get the same conversation with Harlem that my friend did, but yeah I think we definitely need an option there to say that you are part of the queer community, regardless of who your gender or who you’ve flirted with so far.

Last night I reached the end of the demo and was screaming in the friend chat :sob::two_hearts: I cannot WAIT for the next update. I made out with Wyatt and I feel like he regrets it but damn it I know he has feelings for me!!! haha thank you so much for this game!

3 Likes

How do you guys get to the playdate scene with Fifer and Amari ?

1 Like

You need to agree to a playdate. You’ll have two occasions to do that. After the park scene when you meet Fiffer and Amari, and when Fiffer calls you on a new number at work.

You will get the playdate even if Fiffer is blocked.

7 Likes