What's one choice in a cog novel that you immediately regretted?

On my first playthrough of Choice of Rebels, towards the end I was being charged by the hell-hounds (it’s been a while, so I’m sorry that I’ve forgotten the actual name of them)! I told my allies to flee and made a last stand by myself, thinking I was powerful enough to figure out a solution on my own. At the very last minute one of the options was to pray for a miracle since I’d fashioned myself to be a religious icon; I thought I’d been pretty devout throughout the game, so I chose it.

Nope the higher powers abandoned me and I was torn to pieces by hell-hounds and killed and it was awful

9 Likes

I might or might not have forgotten or not realized that at all. Not. I did not realize that.

2 Likes

Yeah those assholes never save you. Now that’s ungrateful.

4 Likes

WHAT THEY NEVER SAVE YOU?

And I always blamed myself for being a fraud!

4 Likes

I had some high level devoutiness. Assholes left me to die.
Fuckin deities.

9 Likes

Ooh, this exact thing happened to me on my first playthrough, except with the phalangites. And the first time I prayed for a miracle actually “worked”. But my goal was to test the game, so I was overall pleased with the result.

1 Like

When I ended up with lucky instead of black magic in heroes rise because of siding with underdogs. There’s always something in fallen hero too.

4 Likes

Definitely, hands down, choosing to play The Hero Project series (not the heroes rise because they were actually good).

4 Likes

picking a reply that give me a stat I didn’t want :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Can’t recall the choice itself exactly.It’s in Heart of the House,near the end I had a choice to let Orianna go home.I mentioned it to her or something like that.Then I regretted and asked her to stay,but she left anyway

2 Likes

Leaping after the Matriarch/Patriarch in the Hero Unmasked but not being fast enough, resulting in you merging bodies with your twin.
Oh, the horror when you realise there are now two(?) consciousness living in one body…

5 Likes

Just wait till you realize you might have merged with the M/P too and your char is blissfully unaware…

Now that just makes it all the more horrifying :fearful:

There is so much in that game that hits you cold long after playing.

Indeed it does! Plus, there are so many ways that that one choice could go wrong.

1 Like

Then again, the game also ‘rewards’ you for bad choices… I mean… Firebrand’s deathtrap, anyone?

And then there’s the one where you fail at the whole hero thing and get caught by every villain on a single playthrough.
Or, when masquerading as your twin, cheat on your RO such that your RO is cheating on you, with you.

3 Likes

madly charge against the church hussars the elite horsemen of the enemy in guns of infinity but i did win with a lot of casualties

1 Like

decide to try a path you usually don’t take , everything is dandy…until you hit a puzzle wall ‘‘insert here the password’’ and you remember just how much you suck at those . And now you gotta restart and stick to your old boring way to play…which is free from evil puzzle :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I got that ending once too.But I kind of thought it’s sweet :joy:

2 Likes