What is your favorite CoG/HG and why?

Choice of Robots, The Lost Heir Trilogy, Fallen Hero: Rebirth, the new Grim and I, and the old paradox factor all come to mind as all time favs (as well as magics but you already said that one)

1 Like

That’s right. Fatehaven was the first game I bought and played through, a real emotional rollercoaster.

Hero Unmasked because it is a perfect western hero story with awesome characters, true choicefreedom and an epic ending where everything turns out good and the epilog gives us enough for letting us part without hurt for this epicness to end.

Edit here is the second Post about this which I made accidentally.
For me Hero Unmasked because it is a Masterpiece.
Perfect Price/Length Correlatiob, ideal length for either single play or Multi Play. Enough Story for not having with Single Play the feeling you need to play more to make it worth. Still Multi Play totally worth because Meaningful choices makes it totally different. An awesome Immersive Story that makes you want to play it in one rush, Herofanservice with Comic Book Art that makes you feel you buy a Series. Interesting characters which you want to learn better.

2 Likes

Favourite cog games
Choice of vampire series: Really good writing. Especially the second one.
Choice of magic: can’t say no to totally anihilateing the world. And reading my books in peace. Excellent writing with soo many choices.

Choice of robots: an intresting take on the hole robot vs humans genre.an overall fantastic writing

Favourite hog
Fallen hero rebirth: up until now the best in its genre. Amoung cog and hog. What the heros rise games should have been. Telling the story of you’re hero not americas got tallent. No ofence to the writer of those games.
Wayhaven chronicles: while it’s story is basecly Charlies angels except with monsters, it’s characters really drive things home for me.

The dragon saga aka sabers/gunns of Infinity: a story in epic proportion. Also as a British. My country gets to conquer the world once more!

There are many more gems on both sides but these are my favourite.

2 Likes

Choice of Rebels, it is insanely well written and contains a lot of details and worldbuilding which is great for nerds like myself.

4 Likes

As of right now, The Wayhaven Chronicles!
So far as of Book 2 demo and Book 1, I really enjoy how the story is (and going to keep) fleshing out and how fully detailed the RO’s and other characters are being (planned out too) written into the series as a whole.
Main favorite is the way the romance system is going to be played out starting Book 2 forward~ Since this is a heavily romanced game, one’s dialogue option or stats won’t ever interfere with whomever you choose to romance (as one can experience in the demo) which is beyond amazing for those who are more romantic crazed like me. Also, I enjoyed how in Book 1 and demo each RO’s special scenes felt and were different in comparison to their personality and how different the scenes are with a Shy/Flirty MC which gave the player an itch to replay the game(s) in order to experience all the scenes in many ways. For me, this is the first choice type of game I’ve played that actually lives up to the romance name without skewing or falling flat from the story so yeah~

7 Likes

Hi Everyone. For me, it is CoG and Mecha ace

I love Psy High and Choice of the Deathless! For Hosted Games: So, I’m Possessed and Way Walkers :grin:.

3 Likes

I am a huge fan of character driven stories. I enjoy that style of games much more than stat based stories. So I was wondering if you good people could recommend some of the character driven COGs and HGs that you enjoyed. My favourites are Fallen Hero: Retribution, Wayhaven Chronicles and Samurai of Hyuga.

3 Likes

What are other great romances that you have played?

Finally someone who shares the same favorite! (╥﹏╥)
I absolutely looovveee Fatehaven and Samurai of Hyuga series!!! The author is so good!!! It realllyyy captured my heart :heart: the characters are the best, the plot is just heart wrenching and breath taking, a lot of great romance, and a very well-written story.

1 Like

So, since I decided I would stop to lurk in the shadow I would have to say, I love a lot of them but what brought me into this dark hole of checking the forum almost every day since then, is Choice of rebels, it is just amazing and I am so happy the author is working on the next book. Even after all this time ( I think it’s been almost 2 years) and waaay to many replays I still love the game. The world building is excellent and you really get the feeling the choices you make matter, like you just know some choices may bite you in the second game but you really just want to know ^^.

Also a big thing for me is a good written character. I just fall in love with certain characters. A developing relationship( it does not have to be romantic, although a good RO even if not chosen can enrich a game significantly). For example a good sibling bond or a good written Villain is just satisfying.

Since it is cyoa I love the possibility to customize the MC and stories where I can’t it tents to not capture me, with some exception like Guinevere ( Although it help that the MC is my preferred choice of gender for example)

Also I prefer when the story is not just black and white. Life is just not that easy and the characters in the story should not be just portrayed as black and white the hero might just be a villain in another one’s story.

5 Likes

Samurai of hyuga; I really liked the story, I think it’s because I like the edgy stile

2 Likes

It is really hard to choose but for me a story that is replayable is very entertaining. one of my favorite examples is zombie Exodus: safe Haven. you can replay with different characters that have different backgrounds and it still feels immersive. it’s not like a game that you go back in and you feel like you are reading the same story. honestly if you go into it with a character you haven’t tried yet it shows a different side of the world and how you interact with it. Do you want to be a follow the rules honest cop? you can. do you want to be a con man who is only interested in taking care of himself? Well you can. you can find it all in zombie exodus. :zombie: :woman_zombie:

3 Likes

I really only have three definite favorites from COG and HG. Those are Fallen Hero, Wayhaven, and Choice of Steampunk.

Buut you asked for favorites (so now I have to choose lol).

My favorite out of those three would def be Fallen Hero. The world building, angst, and character development are really one of a kind. I haven’t seen quality like that even in AAA games.

Wayhaven is great too, especially the romances. But Fallen Hero is just darker from the get go and really interesting. Although I have a feeling Wayhaven will really start bringing the feels and tear guns out soon.

5 Likes

I still don’t know which one should I place as my top,but here I go:-
Tin Star/Life of a Mercenary

It’s difficult to choose among so many good games so I’ll list a few:
Heroes of Myth, for being able to choose multiple paths :wink: The same goes for Fallen Hero, in which I can really play as a villain.
Weyrwood, because I like the style of writing!
I, Cyborg & Silverworld for the setting and world-building. Also for A.I./Robot RO XD

2 Likes

Mine is a 3 way tie between War of the West, Keeper of Sun and Moon, and Breach Archangel Job.
WotW- I love the ending and how cryptic it can be plus the relationships are very thoughtful and feel alive
Keeper- The characters feel REAL. They dont just seem like placeholders or even NPCs, they truly feel like best friends you would make in college and I can’t help but laugh and cry right along with them
Breach- The characters feel real as well and the story is just fantastic. It captivates you and draws you in and I love all the different approaches you can take. Also Mouse is best girl

1 Like

My favorite cog game is Blackstone academy for the gifted

Mine is either the Keeper series because I truly felt attacked to the characters in the story and I felt truly immersed and just loved it.
Other option is Breach The Archangel Job and that’s because it was just amazing. Hiest mechanics using a roll20 style gameplay AND tons of hilarious conversations had me laughing and unable to put down my phone.

1 Like