What is your favorite antagonist/villain of all time and why?

And people who got too close to him. And people who weren’t useful anymore. And people who were too lazy (he mentionned he’d do it eventually).

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what made him evil. He did so much good but had no problem with killing or using innocents, either, if it kept him from getting caught.

2 Likes

Actually that’s not entirely accurate. Yes, that is the motivation in the movies but in the comics he wants to wipe out all life in the universe as a gift to Death, with whom he’s in love with. He wants to prove his worth to her. And he’s not sociopathic lol, don’t you remember when he killed gamora how sad he was?

1 Like

Lol, psychopaths don’t kill for fun. They kill for personal gain. They’re not stupid. And they’re not insane lol

1 Like

Hoo, boy. Again, you just think a sociopath is something it’s not. He’s a sociopath because he clearly has an anti-social personality disorder because of environmental trauma when he was a child. Sociopaths, while having warped moralities and blunted empathy, remorse, etc, can still feel those emotions.

1 Like

unnamed%20(11)

Let’s not derail into this argument again

8 Likes

I don’t remember him being diagnosed lol. But yes, I do agree he has sociopathic traits due to his Deviant Syndrome

1 Like

You don’t have to be diagnosed to be a sociopath. It’s just apparent if you look at his childhood and traits.

1 Like

Not again, just let it go guys

5 Likes

I’m not the one objecting every time someone uses the term psychopath or sociopath. I’m just defending my point.

2 Likes

The point doesn’t matter, it’s just that this goes nowhere and usually results in the thread being closed for a while.

4 Likes

My favorite antagonist is probably Fontaine from Bioshock. I don’t really know why, maybe because they help you in the beginning of the game but they’ve just always been one of the few characters in video games that I wish you didn’t have to kill in the end.

6 Likes

Either way, my favorite antagonist /anti hero is Alex Mercer. At first he tries to save humanity from the infected but then, believing humanity to be corrupt plans to infect the whole world

Final point:

To know who is a sociopath is you have to do the following:

Go to four year college.

Get your Bachelors degree. Psychology or Psychiatry

Get a Masters degree Psychology

Get a PhD. Psychology

Get Medical Degree or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. Psychiatry.

Do your residency in psychiatric diagnosis, psychopharmacology, medical care issues, and psychotherapies. Psychiatry.

Complete at least four post-graduate months of internal medicine or pediatrics, plus a minimum of two months of neurology during their first year of residency, referred to as an "internship”. Psychiatry.

Get board certified. Psychiatry.

Do your Fellowship in Forensic psychiatry so you can focus on personality disorders. Psychiatry.

Interview people suspected to be sociopathic

Conduct personality testing on those people.

Diagnose those people that you evaluate.

Do not speculate about anyone that has not been evaluated in this way. Even with the alphabet soup, because while you can guess based on your training, you do not know.

While I doubt you did all these things, these are facts.

@TheMercerVirus
images%20(24)

Seriously, just drop it

5 Likes

This is a gentle reminder to please keep conversations directed at the topic at hand and not at the individuals themselves.

Focusing replies on the individuals themselves instead of the topic at hand can lead to friction between members and often causes the thread to derail.

Please keep posts centered on the topic and debate the points being made, and not centered on the people making them.

The discussion about being (or not) a sociopath has become a circular argument. To avoid that: if you have already stated your position, please take a short break. Please avoid repetitively hammering a single view without adding anything new.

Please remember that we can always agree to disagree.

Finally, if you see disrespectful posts please do not reply to them. Rather please use the report feature and let forum staff de-escalate friction.

11 Likes

Don’t know if the death note convo is still going on but just wanted to add that Light’s ideology was to punish anyone who was imprisoned for a crime. However the crime may not have even been heinous, it could have been robbery which is bad but by no means worth taking the life of the person who did it. Light also killed based on who was put in jail and not the judicial system, he didn’t wait for each criminal to have their stand in court, how does he know if they’re guilty or innocent? No, Light didn’t care, he was unbothered all he thought was to kill people who were called for large crimes in the media. That along with using others as his test subjects, using his allies and killing people for no damn reason is why Light Yagami is pure evil.

This counts as villain?

trump-rifle

6 Likes

Well it’s you who decides who is a villain in your eyes.

3 Likes

Kreia has my vote too. Has a deep philosophical understanding of the galaxy and the force as well. She feels justified in her actions the whole game and it becomes hard to argue against her views as she explains them. Not to mention she makes observations but very few judgments when it comes to the Exile. Not to mention you are required to be intertwined with her.

“Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever.”

“You need to contrast and not adhere to a single ideal. Only then can you truly understand.”

“If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it . If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory.”

And her motivation itself is even more awesome. I’m trying to look for the actual line but I can’t find it. When you confront her she tells you that she’s attempting to cause the death of the force. She hates the force, hates that it has a will, that it uses the things of the galaxy to it’s own ends. It feels like a rant about killing god. A rebellion against tyranny. Sound familiar to a certain antagonist in a “good” book. She’s one of the most interesting and well fleshed out characters I have ever seen in any medium.

“It is upon that which is left unsaid that tragedy is built.”

4 Likes