What Comes After (WiP, ALPHA)

I chose to hit her in the face with something heavy and it said she was dead but my character may have diagnosed wrong. In the dream her face is all messed up and she keeps screaming I should’ve killed her and that I left her to change Is that the decision you were looking for or is it a different one?

1 Like

@Harley_Robin_Evans Thank you so much!! I’ll definitely make sure to do that!

@Logan_THehe, glad hear it!!! Ummm, to be honest I considered adding those in, but at the same time when you add those types of questions people expect them to be used. I didn’t want to disappoint people by having them in there and then they not be used, so I’m going to write and if I decide I can/will be using them, I’ll add them there later!

@Eyesofshadow YES THANK YOU! That’s exactly what I needed to know! I uploaded a fix, hopefully it works now!

6 Likes

I absolutely loved the demo. It definitely gave me some resident evil and walking dead vibes . I am looking forward to Future updates

1 Like

I like the story, very relatable :wink: I kinda rushed through the last chapter I think, and It kinda bothers me at the end of chapter 3 that there’s so much information about several different characters. I don’t know if I want to know what happened to other characters before we meet. I don’t know if this makes any kind of sense to you :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m so excited to read this and I really loved the TWD so I’m also excited to see what you have in mind for the books!!! Goodluck with your writings and stay safe!!!

1 Like

I absolutely loved the demo!! Zombie/apocalypse themed games are my absolute favourite! The writing quality is amazing (only one or two very minor spelling errors that I spotted) and it kept engaged from the first page to the last. The ‘Infected’ and the different kinds of them was also a very interesting twist on the classic mindless zombie that you see in normal zombie fiction. Also, I actually really enjoyed the switching POV’s, learning what other characters are thinking really deepens the character in my opinion. I’m excited to learn more about the cause of the virus, meet some of the other POV characters, and survive in an apocalyptic world! Anyways, I just wanted to chime in and gush about how excited I am for this game! Good luck!!

3 Likes

Thank you guys so much for the positive comments :sob::sob::sob: I was worried this wouldn’t get a good reception but it really has and I can’t thank y’all enough for it!!

10 Likes

I love post apocalyptic stories (esp ones with zombies) heheheh, i will surely be lookinh forward to this. :two_hearts:

1 Like

oh man I don’t know what to say, playing this felt very ironic as I currently am sick myself and stuck in quarantine but it was really amazing!!

I loved your writing. the detailing is really beautiful, not extreme that it gets annoying but it just is enough detail to make it creepy as hell. and although we haven’t seen much of the characters yet, they’re all very diverse already. and matteo… I already want to put a ring on it haha. pretty sure he’s going to be the first LI I’ll romance once the whole thing comes out.

and hnnn… being a twd fan myself made me so excited for this!! really love the zombie apocalypse genre, sadly there aren’t many stories about it.

good luck with the writing!! I really hope you’re staying safe out there, thank you for making this really great!

3 Likes

OH MY HOLY DEVILS… this is weirdly fitting… I just love apocalyptic (it’d be WAY better if gory nightmarish horror added to it) theme ,this is one of the few that’s similar…
So, awesome…

1 Like

So is it possible to lone wolf it through the story.

1 Like

@Empress_Nightmare I’m glad you enjoy it so far!!!

@Arcane_warrior No! Even in future books, the MC for each one will always at least have one companion, mainly because it is incredibly hard to survive on your own given the circumstances!

4 Likes

It is also hard to trust people i would rather try and survive on my own than trust somebody don’t feel like getting stabbed in the back.

1 Like

Oi @Cierra_Lawson_Writes … I’d have liked it a bit more if it has bit freaky horror situations in the story, but it’s good so far…

@Arcane_warrior I mean, the MC is a standard person. They’ve only seen they can’t really trust the government, which they had an inkling of before. They’ve not really seen why they can’t trust normal people… plus, it’s kinda a choice between certain death or give some people a small inkling of trust.

@Empress_Nightmare It’s just beginning! MC hasn’t gotten to see anything too horrorific yet… you definitely will very soon, however…

3 Likes

Nice… Lol I hope it’s nightmarishly gory and horrific… It’s not easy to write horror with perfect dark humour…
G’Luck…

Remember a government is not faceless they are people and people are the one that locked you up for a year was it and a person has already tried to kill you if that does not get rid of your trust for people i don’t know what will and some people are just naturally paranoid. i like the story so far not a fan of the change on POV happened way to many times just asking for some options to not trust people.

3 Likes

Oi @Cierra_Lawson_Writes, in Booker’s POV, when dealing with his ex-wife there are choices of poker, knife and antique pan… but the knife choice goes back to pan after killing her and the ‘some time later…’ comes again.

@Empress_Nightmare Okay! I’ll take a look later, that part has been a little finnicky.

@Arcane_warrior They only locked up MC for 2 months, and it wasn’t a proper penitentiary lockup, it was a CDC program. While the Doctor DID try to kill MC, that’s one person; I don’t know, the average person doesn’t immediately become distrusting of everyone due to one person’s actions, especially one sick. There will be options to not trust people, naturally! But even if you don’t trust them, you still can work with them, thus why MC will stick with the group… especially once they see just how bad things really are.

3 Likes

I guess if people really want it, you could include an option to strike out solo and wind up getting eaten or something as a bad ending…