What are your favourite books? Why?

Not a favorite, but I recently read an extremely well written scifi novel called “Empire of Silence” about the exploits of a legendary historical figure recounting their trials an tribulations. Great world-building and excellent prose. Would highly recommend for anybody looking for a good scifi.

All of the Skullduggery Pleasant series. It was the first book series I ever got into, and they were what really got me into reading as a kid. Written by Derek Landy, they remain my favourite books of all time for their comedy, compelling and interesting characters and just great story. I also love how he handles magic and the OP characters.

One of my favourite things about the series is very early on, you are actually told how the story is going to end, essentialy. They see someone who looks into the future, and it’s a very dark and foreboding premonition, which got me really interested to see what happens, and he handled it beautifully. One of the most memorable moments for me is one of the big bad guys slowly becoming a good guy, short before getting rekt, only fuelling her rage and desire to kill even more. It’s a great read, and I totally recommend them to anyone who likes magic and wants to read a funny series with a compelling story and characters.

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_(Cashore_novel)
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19063.The_Book_Thief?from_search=true
Homer — Odessey https://freebooksummary.com/the-odyssey-thesis-23124
The Last Apprentice Series by Joseph Delaney
Percy Jackson Series- Rick Riordan
Notes from a Midnight Driver- Jordan Sunninblick
Also very underappreciated — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/439985.The_Founding?ac=1&from_search=true

I dont remember most of my favorite books. But I do remember my CURRENT FAVORITE.
A Song Of Ice And Fire novels by George R. R. Martin. Currently its a novel of 5 books. The story is wide-spread, intriguing and also super, super, SUPER difficult to explain so ill just suggest you read about it on internet. Theres also a Tv Show being made by HBO after the books, called “Game Of Thrones” Theyre currently making final season 8, that will come out in 2019.

Oh and I am a huge history fan, so I read this book called A Man In The High Castle. Its set in an alternate history 20th century. Hitler and The Third Reich’s nazzis won the war. America has been split in 2 parts. The eastern US belonging to the Greater Reich and the western belonging to The Empire Of Japan. A couple of people from both sides of former America are brought together by fate. They see a movie made by a mysterious man, called by the nickname ‘Man In The High Castle’. The video shocks them. It shows USA actually winning World War 2. They set off to search for this man and thats how their fight for american freedom begins. I still havent finished the book, but I absolutely love it. Theres also a Tv Show being made after the book. Its called the same as the book and I finished 1st season.

Always difficult to pick favourites, but books like East of Eden, One Hundred Years of Solitude, and the Deptford Trilogy stayed with me. (Come to think of it, The Fisherman also qualifies. Although heads-up, it’s a horror book.)

They’re bittersweet. On one hand, it’s entertaining to watch causality throughout generations; like witnessing mortal life through the eyes of God. On the other hand, it’s devastating how the smallest decisions domino into unforeseen ramifications. Fate hangs on slender threads.

For a different sort of read, I’m very fond of A Scanner Darkly. Now, that is one slick, modern classic. It’s stood the test of time so well you’d swear it was published in 2017, and not 1977.

The Last Apprentice series… Or mostly refer as Wardstone chronicles in non US territories is definitely one of my favourite Book Series …

I love the couple of Tom ward and Alice Deane , their interaction is so cute and unique even though they had never said "I love you " :-):blush:

In Search of Lost Time( À la recherche du temps perdu) is the greatest thing I‘ve ever read,fictional or not.
The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo.Dumas’ narrative is unparalleled.Pacing,characters,narrator’s voice etc,seems like they all came so easy for him.
The Lord of the Rings,it’s the only trve epic fantasy I’ve read that’s written in 20th.
The Master and Margarita.It’s like Soviet magical realism,but more than that,much more.