What are you reading right now?

I always think it’s interesting to see what sort of books people are reading. Tell me what you’re reading, maybe we can give each other suggestions c;

I’m reading:
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson ANDDDD…
The Broken Kingdoms by N.K Jeminson

The Slippery Slope - book ten of A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Lemony Snicket writes the best black humor I’ve ever seen

Current Fiction – Anna Kerenina by Leo Tolstoy (For like the billionth time)
Current Non-fiction – Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine
Current Comic – Girlfriends Omnibus 2 by Milk Morinaga

If you had told me not two years ago that I would be reading such a ridiculously mismatched smattering of books at the same time, I would have laughed, and yet here we are.

This forum thread… …

Ok, well, I’ve been meaning to get back to The Brothers Karamazov and I Robot and maybe read The Hobbit again but books do one of two things to me. Either make me fall asleep. Or make me unable to fall asleep. So either I don’t get much reading done and pass out when I shouldn’t, or I finally stop when I notice the sun coming up, and pass out when I shouldn’t.

@SpaceLesbian You have some interesting titles there… also a confusing name.

Actually, if I could say I’ve been reading anything lately it’d be play by post roleplaying games, or COGs.

Another forum thread has got me re-reading the old Lone Wolf CYOA books, using a downloaded d10 simulator on my phone rather than the Random Number Table. And while they’ve been a lot of fun, right now all I’ve got to say is, Zakhan effing Kimah. What was Joe Dever thinking?

I’ve also been re-reading Gordon Dickson’s Dragon & the George, which is OK but I don’t think I’ll hang onto it. I need to get back to Way of Kings, it fell by the wayside last summer but I was enjoying it.

Non-fiction, More than Conquerors by Megan Hustad.

And I really enjoyed Delusions of Gender when I read it last April.

The powder mage trilogy
The traitor son cycle
And the kingkiller chronicle

@Shoelip The Hobbit puts me to sleep every time, haha. Sooo boring. My friend’s give me shit for it, but idgaf. I have no idea how they made three movies from it!

@Havenstone Get back to Way of Kings! It’s so good, man. It’s slow reading, but worth it.

@Farmboy Oh hey, I’m also reading the Kingkiller chronicles! Or, well… I bought the books and eventually intend to read them.

At the mo I’m reading five books :open_mouth:

1. The adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  2. The Life of Pi
  3. The ABC Murders, poirot
  4. Journey to the Centre of the Earth
  5. Moonfleet

Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffery Deaver
Gone to Ground by Brandilyn Collins
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher

Im only on Wiseman’s fear

@Shoelip
“. So either I don’t get much reading done and pass out when I shouldn’t, or I finally stop when I notice the sun coming up, and pass out when I shouldn’t.”

Lol xD

Doing a marathon of a song of ice and fire

Throne of the Crescent Moon, by Saladin Ahmed.

Volume 2 of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series. The mini story covering 600 years could inspire an epic piece of IAF.

Currently reading A Game of Thrones . . . very, very slowly. Still, I’m posting my reactions and impressions to the book, chapter by chapter. Never read it before.

Also just finished reading The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett – I can’t believe I’ve never read Discworld before. It’s so funny.

Tarzan of the Apes - Burroughs

Two words: BAD ASS

Currently it’s not even a book…it’s a Text Let’s Play of Dangan Ronpa. It’s really interesting, and my kind of game :smiley:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Embarrassingly enough… Fanfiction

Just finished Ghostwritten by David Mitchell and am starting on My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me, a collection of short stories. I’m also into manga and working on Ciel ~the last autumn story~ and Tower of God, though I’m not enjoying the latter. I still have a mountain of novels to work upon, so I don’t mind dropping that if it gets too boring.