What am I doing wrong here? (Stat page name display)

I’m having trouble with getting the name of a relationship stat to display correctly. I’m using a variable of “some text” to be shown as the name of the percent-meter (the name of a character, depending on their gender). You can do that, right?

The error I’m getting is: The name not displaying correctly, in the box it says Name name%:
statidren

My code looks like this:

*if (meet_idren = "true")
    *stat_chart
        percent idren $!{idren}

This has me stumped for some reason. I’m working in CSIDE if that matters. Thanks bunches for any help! <3

Get ride of the $!(idren)

1 Like

But how can I? It will display either the male or the female name Idren/Ida, depending on the players choice of gender attraction. Is there no way to have that? Hmm. Maybe I might try different if statements instead…I just hoped this was a simple solution to this. Is there a reason it doesn’t read the variable correctly?

Thank you though :>

It’s because you are asking it to show a text variable as a number.

You say: display the variable ‘idren’ as a percentage bar.
But, that variable is set to the text “idren”, so it shows ‘idren%’.

1 Like

Ow, my head. I’m still so new to this. The way I understood it is you can do

*stat_chart
percent variablename VariablesDisplayedName

and not needing to input any numeric value as it is set in the *create variable 0´´´ in the startup - just, like, aesthetically changing the name of the displayed variable. There has to be a simpler way than having multiple *if "variable"´´´ messing up my clean code! >:(

Thank you!!

Edit - good god I’m not familiar with the formatting here either, please excuse me lol

Yes, and that is all true, but you need a different variable to keep track of the value of the bar you want to show.
Like:

‘idren_name’ set to “idren”
‘idren_relation’ set to 50

And then you write:

*if (meet_idren = "true")
    *stat_chart
        percent idren_relation $!{idren_name}

and it will give you a bar saying:

Idren: 50%

and the percentage will change when you change the ‘idren_relation’ variable during gameplay.

4 Likes

OH MY GOD. Thank you. I had messed up the id_rel (numeric val) with idren, which is supposed to be the changeable name variable. GUH

I’m an idiot.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.