What a Brilliant Existence! (NOW ON TALES!)

Oh wow, thank you! What a bunch of amazing compliments!!! I’m a bit speechless hahah I can only promise not to disappoint :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Hello everyone!

So, I realized recently I’ve never done any progress updates, which is…very stupid? Snippet Sundays, something I did back on the Tumblr, was something close to that, but that was just a temporary thing I did while Chapter Three wouldn’t come out.

So, I’ll start weekly updates! Very late, I realize. But it’s better than never - I don’t want to keep you in the dark, especially since the Tumblr is so active and I end up leaving the forum thread behind. I’ll be honest, I’m just not to keen on forums in general. It’s not really a part of the Internet that was popular while I was growing up hahah

Right now, I am taking a small break from writing WaBE to focus on my entry on the 10th Muse Interactive Fiction Writing Contest. You’ve probably already seen it here on the forums, but, if not, here’s a helpful link. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it to the due date, but I really want to, which is why I’m hard at work!!

Anyway, Chapter Four is currently over 3K words - still very much in the beginning. I hit a bit of a roadblock before my break, and I hope I come back much more inspired. The scene I was working on, and that I will come back to in a couple weeks, is a Jade flashback that will only show up to wlw players. :wink:

Thank you all for all your support so far. Happy Monday! (As happy as Mondays can be, anyway).

34 Likes

I can’t really give out much of a progress update, given I’m still focused on the 10th Muse contest, but, to celebrate reaching 500 followers on the Tumblr (and 400 likes here!), I’ve opened up snippets again, like I did back when we reached a hundred. If that might interest you, then go take a look at the Tumblr! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Hey everyone!

First of all, here’s a reminder that the 500 followers celebration ends tomorrow. If you haven’t sent anything, here’s your chance! And if you have and I haven’t answered yet, don’t worry - it will be done, I promise, even if I’m a slow writer. :slight_smile:

As for writing WaBE, I’ve had a pretty busy week, but I did manage to mess with some stats, like the relationships ones - now there’s special text in case you’ve been flirting with certain characters. Although I haven’t been writing much, I am getting a bunch of ideas for Chapter Four in the meantime, and I can’t wait to get back into WaBE! I think this small break will be good.

Hope everyone has a good week!

32 Likes

I just finished the demo, and boy did I enjoy it. As someone who grew up with a parent that was practically skipping ropes with the definition of mental and physical abuse, it’s refreshing to see that portrayed in a COG. Obviously said parent didn’t try to kill me or anything, but I can definitely relate to the trauma that’s evolved in the situation once you finally do get away from them. I’m looking forward to playing the full thing once you finish it, because so far the story and especially the romance is written really, really well :heart:

7 Likes

got to chapter 3 got to love it

1 Like

Just finished the demo, and I love it!Will we be seeing anymore of Lyla, because the anti-corporation thing is intriguing.

1 Like

Thank you all!! Glad to know you’re enjoying it.

@Book_Devourer Yes, you will :wink: Don’t worry about it. Fun fact: if you go down the expensive shop instead, you bump into Naomi, the corporation’s leader. I’m not sure how many people have replayed since Chapter Two and noticed that haha

In other news, I’m opening up Ko-fi commissions! I found out recently my salary will be cut in half at work, so that was really the last push for me to finally do this.

Each commission is the cost of one coffee on Ko-fi, aka three dollars. If you’d like to request another character with that same idea, then it’s another three dollars. So, for example: you want me to write a scenario about MC coming home to find a romantic candlelit dinner prepared by Sydney, and then the same thing for Dani. Considering that’s two ROs, that’d be six dollars, and so on and so forth.

Here are my commission guidelines:

1. I accept commissions of any characters currently included in the demo - it doesn’t have to be just the four ROs.
  2. No spoilers. This should be obvious, but I’ll reiterate: nothing including, for example, Celeste in the present time.
  3. It can be any situation you think of, whether it’s something you imagined or maybe a fic prompt (although, if it is the latter, please send me its link).
  4. You can specify your MC as much as you’d like (as a matter of fact, I prefer it), or not at all. You can tell me their gender, stats, appearance, etc.
  5. For now, I won’t be taking NSFW content, but I will open it in the future.
  6. I reserve the right to deny any requests, but I doubt this will happen - just please don’t make it weird haha
  7. I will be sending all commissions by email unless you explicitly ask me for somewhere else.
  8. If you allow me to post the entire commission on Tumblr, then please tell me! And, if you have a Tumblr and would like me to tag you in it, then that’s fine, too. (If you don’t mention this, I’ll just assume you’d rather keep it to yourself.)

If you’d like to take a look at how, exactly, these commissions would be like, I suggest going through my snippets tag on Tumblr.

I don’t have Ko-fi Gold for now, but, if this shapes up to be successful, I’ll subscribe to it so that anyone who’s supported me will be able to see all commissions done so far!

Thank you all for your support, it’s amazing! I am working on another COG game, but don’t worry, WaBE is still my primary writing responsibility, then commissions, then my other project.

25 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Opened at author’s request.

hello, the story seems interesting, but the demo link takes me to your other project for some reason.

3 Likes

Hmm, I have the same issue as the comment above unfortunately. The tumblr link also takes me to your old page, that might need updating just so it’s easier for people to be redirected to your new one. Hopefully you haven’t taken it down on purpose, I very much enjoyed the demo when it was active :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could be an accident, or on purpose, all I know is the webpage url is a bit off right now.

Summary

It isn’t a definitive answer, but this tumblr post does share a bit about what Bianca has in mind, so WaBE might be temporarily offline.

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the trouble. The demo link is now fixed!

I had accidentally uploaded Exiled from Court’s assets into this game gjkdkgr And I’ll fix the Tumblr link, too, that used to be my old URL. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Really awesome content so far. I personally think that this is going to be a great story. Good luck writing😃

2 Likes

I’m so intrigued by this! I love the characters so much and I’m looking forward to seeing more of the MC’s backstory :heart:

5 Likes

I really like this so far, it feels like my kind of game where the characters and their relationships are at the forefront of it all. I like all the characters too and I’m very much looking forward for more and\or the full game!

BTW, I don’t know if it’s just me, but there seems to be an error in the save function. It says something like this:

Error: Bad slot - Has smPlugin been included?

1 Like

Whoops, I forgot to add in the save plugin before uploading it back to DashingDon. Thanks for telling me.

Thanks! Sometimes it can get tiring playing games where the world is about to end or something incredibly dramatic is going to happen to you if you don’t do X thing. Once in a while it’s nice to just sit back, enjoy the characters and live your life, and that was what I wanted to accomplish with WaBE. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Hello! I absolutely adore your writing so far, and I noticed you wanted feedback for odd sentences and writing errors; however, I’m not sure how or where to submit said feedback? Again, I absolutely adore what I’ve managed to read through so far! (I paused towards the beginning to write this) I was also wondering if you have a designated beta reader or something similar to help catch grammatical and sentence issues? They can help to catch small issues before you update; and it tends to help keep writing going quickly, as you don’t have to constantly check and recheck for errors.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It could be here on the thread or, if you feel more comfortable, you can send me a PM!

No, I don’t have one yet, though I have been thinking about that for a while. I’m still fairly new in writing interactive fiction, so I’m not sure how I would go about getting a beta reader, or how the whole process of having one works hahaha But you’re right, that would be very helpful.

3 Likes