What 2018 Titles Are You Most Looking Forward To?

adds Baroque to her list

3 Likes

i second baroque looking great, and i also think that blood money and the death collector have really cool premises!! (i’m also cautiously excited for love at elevation, because a romance game that takes place in a mountain cabin sounds cute, but there’s so little information out about it that i don’t wanna get my hopes up too high, haha)

5 Likes

Choice of Magics and Werewolves of Haven from COG both seem really interesting. This baroque also looks good. From HG CCH2 seems the most interesting, I was in the beta test too so I wonder what changed.

1 Like

Alas, it doesn’t take place in a mountain cabin. Very few cabins in Boulder; lots of condos.

1 Like

That…ambitious…list makes my eyes twitch for your little team.

Plus…all of the HGs and CoGs that will emerge from the contest?..I’m twitching again. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Well, we’ll see. But yeah, I’m fairly confident everything on that list is coming out this year.

Death Collector sounds right up my street. In fact all the recently added ones are really appealing!

1 Like

Damn, The Mysteries of Baroque sounds amazing. It kinda sounds like it could have the same genre and atmosphere as my WIP, The Enchanter’s Misery, too.

1 Like

I gotta say I’m really looking forward for Silverworld to come out. I was a big fan of Empyrean and anything that has to do with the Byzantine Empire is really exciting to me. Its way to overlooked of an empire/nation in my opinion. Also looking forward to the new Community College Hero and Zombie Exodus.

5 Likes

Every time the list gets updated my list of anticipated titles shuffles around. Choice of Magics is still up there, but everything coming out just seems so… well, good.

1 Like

So far 2018 has been pretty awesome, I was waiting anxiously for Safe Haven part 2, and enjoyed every moment of it… I was really surprised in good by Wayhave Chronicles, which, without being one of the greatest I’ve played, is now one I look forward to read again, and am hopeful for its sequel… And finally, the big surprise, since I don’t follow WIP, Fallen Hero has absolutely blown the competition out of the water… As much as I usually enjoy COG and HG games, this one forced me to shut my social and work life for two or three days straight…
I just enjoy being surprised, and let the WIP threads well alone, because I enjoy discovering new universe too much to discuss an upcomig game and I don’t want anything revealed before I start a game… you could also call me a spoiler maniac…
So as of now I’m really looking for CCH2, and really hope it’ll come out before summer…
Like many of you here, Choice of Robot is one of my all time favorite, (I can’t chose just one, silly), and the setup for Choice of Magics has me so hyped I’ll have a calendar specially to count down the days to the release when we’ll finally get the date…
Im also quite curious about Silverworld, but I read somewhere it would be a sequel ? Is it a sequel to Empyrean ? Have I misread ? Since it comes out soon, I would like to know, to be able to replay the story if it’s indeed a sequel…
Finally I’m quite excited for Stronghold, having really enjoyed Napoleon’s Heir. Good ROs and high diversity in the paths you could take while still being very narrative oriented always work for me… Merc in a magic city sounds like a universe I imagined when I was a teen (yes I imagined universe when I was a teen, yes I was the hero, and no it’s not that weird, is it ? ) so I’m really curious about it
And on a side note, though I didn’t dare to venture that far in the thread (there were a lot of discussion and theories that revealed way too much for my taste :stuck_out_tongue:) there is a WIP called Children of the gods I’m really excited and I can’t wait to see it pop up on the upcoming list !

1 Like

You’ll be happy to know that Safe Haven 2 is already out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I know I played it, when I say I enjoyed every moment of it I meant the game not the waiting :stuck_out_tongue: (I mean I think the last cout was 21… yeah 21 different characters… I want my social life back)

1 Like

It’s a sophomore outing by author of Empyrean, ie, it’s their second CoG book/game/whateveryoumaywannacallit.

1 Like

My top three in order of release would be Silverworld (enjoyed Empyrean so I hope the author continues his good writing here), Choice of Magics (because magic is always cool and most games with a title that start with “Choice of” are also good) and Merc Life in the Magic City (hackers and dystopia, what’s not to like?)

An honourable mention would be the Superlatives sequel.

The games from Kyle Marquis and Kevin Gold. Intriguing premises and a history of great prior work are an excellent combination.

I’m also interested to see I, Cyborg when it comes out. It sounds similar in concept to Torment: Tides of Numenera, which was my favorite console game from last year. Blood Money and The Mysteries of Baroque both sound like exactly the sort of COG release I’d be into. And, of course, I’m kind of curious if Demon Lord of the Labyrinth will actually be released this time.

1 Like

I want to play blood money. Blood magic in a Venetian world? Take my money already and let me play the game!

2 Likes

I’m hopeful that we’ll open the beta in the next 10 days :wink:

4 Likes

Rent-a-Vice
I, Cyborg
Werewolves of Haven
Choice of Magics
The Darkling Watchers

So hyped! (20 chars)

2 Likes