What 2018 Titles Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Demon Lord of The Labyrinth. I’ve been stalking it since 2016, yet it never moved past the ‘draft review’ phase. A shame…the concept seems fun enough.

4 Likes

Community College Hero, assuming it’s coming out this year, Fallen Hero and Wayhaven are at the top of my list.

Lucid’s has two new games in the oven as well which I’m honestly feeling quite mixed about.
Hero of Daria, from what I’ve seen so far, is centered on gameplay and less on story which I was never really a fan of.

Last Wizard looks to be more story-based which will probably be pretty fun. Then again, it’s unlikely they’ll be finished within the year but Lost Heir was solid.

As for the others, Choice of Magic, Blood Money, Silverworld and Demon Lord might turn out good and I’m holding out my hopes for Magic considering it’s KGold with a consistent record for good games. Empyrean was nice and I expect that Silverworld will deliver the same quality this year as well.

3 Likes

For me , I’m looking forward to Great tournament 2, CCH2 , Hero Project , Choice of magics and The road to Canterbury. Except CCH2 and Hero Project is about hero stuff, those stories about magic and mediaval always make me feel excited.

3 Likes

I am not sure what other titles will be out in 2018…

But at the moment i am looking forward for both The Great Tournament 2 and Wayhaven Chronicles , seem to be an awesome back to back release for 2 appealing titles…

Choice of Magic is another title which i like, and if Keepers of Sun and Moon could be release by this year , i will be thrilling :smile:

I’m looking forward to Community College Villain apparently it’s being released in 2017

1 Like

Lets see
Wayhaven because I’m a sucker for vampires and romance and I love being a detective to. CCH2:Knowledge is power is also on my most anticipated list (I need me some wyren),Fallen hero is also on that list as well. I’m a sucker for anything super hero related and since people here are listing zombie exdous 2 I might as well join. Stronghold sounds interesting but I need some more details about it to make a final opinion. Oh less not forget about Choice of magic which has me even more in the dark about it then everything on this list. I feel like Im forgetting more but so far this year is going to be golden in my opinion.

Out of the official games, I was super excited to see The Darkling Watchers on the list the other day. It seems like it’ll be a really interesting one, and Metahuman + Orpheus ruse are probably my favourites from the official releases.

1 Like

Obligatory “I’m excited for all of them!” except that is 100% true, I am excited for all of them, but money is tight right now so I here’s my list of games I’m so excited for that I’m specifically squirreling money away to purchase them because that’s how excited I am for them

Official:
Love at Elevation
The Road to Canterbury
Blood Money
Gilded Rails

Hosted Games:
Wayhaven!!!
Community College Hero 2
The Great Tournament 2

4 Likes

Choice Of Games:

-Choice Of Magic. (a fantasy version of Choice Of Robots? Sign me up)
-Stronghold. (definitely seems interesting to me)
And pretty much anything but the new Hero Project game.

Hosted Games:

-Community College Hero 2.
-Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven Part 2.
-Great Tournament 2.

And in terms of the contest entries, I’m really looking forward to Dragon Racer and The Lawless Ones.

1 Like

The Wayhaven Chronicles, first and foremost. (‘Pending release’ is such a cruel phrase.)

After that, I’m particularly excited to see how the romance-focused games are gonna be, but also near everything on the official list sounds interesting so I’m gonna be all up in that.

After playing the first part of HR: Redemption Season for the first time, I was honestly unsure whether I’ll purchase the second part - but I’m weak and still kinda looking forward to it, despite the series’ flaws.

4 Likes

CoG:
-Choice of Magics (but I hope this will be more like Choice of Robots rather than Choice of Alexandria, while that one wasn’t bad either I found it kinda disappointing after Choice of Robots)
-Choice of the Cyborg (I was kinda sad to see that the The Myrmidon WIP died, I really like the idea of playing a robot-like MC, so I’m looking forward to this one)
-Blood Money
-Merc Life in the Magic City (play as a hacker? Gotta have this)
-Also I’m unsure about the new Hero Project game since the last one was certainly disappointing, but I’ll probably end up buying it since this seems to be that last one in the series and I’m curious if there will be improvements.

Anyway I found some of the descriptions too vague, I couldn’t even decide if it interests me or not.

HG:
-Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven part 2 (my favorite series finally continues of course I intend to be among the first ones who buys it)
-The Wayhaven Chronicles
-Fallen Hero: Rebirth (ever since the WIP I was looking forward to this one)

Maybe a bit offtopic bc I’m not sure if these will come out this year actually I doubt that, but still I look forward to these too:
-Samurai of Hyuga book 4
-the sequel of So, You’re Posessed!

3 Likes

Wayhaven Chronicles, Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven part 2, Choice of Magics and Fielder’s choice.

Oh, and that one!

1 Like

From my talk with Zachary Sergi on Twitter he might be interested in letting us go back to the MC of heroes rise after redemption season arc is over. No guarantees but I am certainly keeping an eye out.

If you mean the tweet I’m thinking about I think he was rather amused by the thought instead of hinting at a ReDux or Earth-218 version of HR.

Not sure which tweet your thinking of though it could be the same reaction to either I don’t think for sure it’s a thing he’ll do but I do think he’s considering the possibility.

Th tweet were you said you’d like to go back to HR1 with PG as your ChipSonality or something to that amount.

Don’t go off on a HR rabbit hole, please.

2 Likes

Not planning to. No worries.

2 Likes

When it comes to CoGs, there’s no competition, it’s gotta be Choice of Magics. A new game by one of my favorite authors is unbeatable when it comes to expectations. But there is another title from the main line that I have my eye on: Demon Lord of the Labyrith. The premise is not like stuff we usually get, and I’m looking forward to it.

As for HGs, I’ll confess that I never read Fallen Hero while it was a WiP, and I’m very excited to see how it looks like when published.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the COG 2018 Upcoming Games post.

6 Likes