Western Murder Mystery

@Appcritic
It depends, for me I run my demos from my server. So I just copy and paste the link her here. Dropbox should be just as easy.

@FairyGodfeather
You had me thinking so I started the code to guess the whole word or phrase. It’s all your fault lol. It turns out it is a bit more complexe then first though, may take me the next day or so to add the code to the 8 puzzles. Once I am done will update the game.

*busts out my monocle and pipe*

Thanks, lordirishdas - that makes sense, I just had had a complete brain lapse moment.

Lol Ninja

No problem @Appcritic, I often have them myself. Lol

I have worked the last two days working out the code for the game. Turns out it was far more complex then I first thought. Go figure. Any ways still debugging but feel it is ok for testing. Will up load tonight and post.

Since it was so complex for me,(not being a programmer) I have only coded one puzzle for testing. When you start up the game you will be given a choice to skip right to this puzzle.

The code will allow you to eighter choose a letter or solve the puzzle in complete words. I still have a few issues I have not resolved, but after two days of hunting the code I think I need feedback before going any further.

What I need to know is: bugs you run into, things you would like to see, and do you think this game would be fun to play if fully developed. I did a rough estimate of the code it will take, 2,600,000 just for the puzzles. Then add in the story. I personally like the direction it is starting to take. But if there is no interest in the game then I rather move onto other projects. Thanks.

I’m behind you with this and personally think this could make a good game overall. I also like the direction it’s going.

@spyfox259 thanks :slight_smile:

Alright have it updated.

http://www.choiceofbox.com/hangman/web/mygame/index.html

Also thinking of mixing some othere puzzle types into the mix. But that is later down the road.

Have no idea why this thread got bumped. Project is in moth balls as the writer faded away. I do have plans one day of letting it see the light of day again. Not much there to really see but here is an updated link.
http://www.choiceofbox.com/hangman/web/mygame/index.html

A spambot found it and bumped it. Do you want the topic locked, or leave it open?

1 Like

Wont hurt to leave it open as I am around to answer quetions on it lol darn spambots.

1 Like

@sebastienflight I sent you pm back for this thread but was unsure if you had seen it.

Had some motivation and have rewritten the complete code for this on the puzzle end. Code is more elegant and far simpler to add in new puzzles.
Not that I am currently working on this but as I said had some inspiration that I did not want to waste. Want to tie in the story that I have, which is very little, before posting for testing of said code. Might post something here soon.