Werecat (Title is a work in progress.)

2Ton is the forum bicycle

@WolfieGrey Pretty accurate.

@2Ton

None of what I’m writing is showing up in the game. The whole thing is just blank.

Here I go, it’s my time to shine! Do you have the latest Choicescript? If so, go to Startup and type in *scene_list. After that, push enter and tab in the scene. Repeat one per each line (Make sure it’s in order!). :slight_smile:

… I think I destroyed 2ton’s job.

Is there a chance we can turn ‘evil’(Help Lupind)?

@Happy

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. :slight_smile:

@Zach

Hmm, interesting idea. I’m not sure how it would work out, but I’ll keep it in mind. :slight_smile:

Minor updatish thing:

I’ve run into a bit of writers block, and there is a lot of things keeping me busy. So while I was to continue, I’m not sure if anyone is interested in this or not. It would be kinda pointless to continue if nobody wants to play, although I understand that the little that I wrote didn’t do much to create interest. I’m also realizing that I should have spent much more time figuring out the basics of choicescript before I began this project, as it’s much more complicated than I thought. :frowning:

So I’m going to continue, but it may take a while still for an update. Really sorry. :frowning:

I think a fair few people are interested in it. If you want to continue go for it. We can wait while you figure out how everything works

@VampiricPotato

If you need help with Choicescript you can always ask here. The wiki’s also very useful and Notepad++ and the syntax highlighter makes it a lot easier.

I got around the complications of choicescript mostly by having hideously ugly code and not making use of most of the features.

You do have a lot of people posting on this thread. Don’t be disheartened. I was really disheartened when I posted my game link and had hardly any comments on it so I do know how it can feel, but there are people interested.

Besides the biggest audience is actually outside of these forums. We’re only a tiny amount of the people who actually play choice games. But most of the audience out there won’t get to see your game until you finish it.

or are lurking without an account

@VampiricPotato Don’t worry about having no one interested or not…If there are lurkers like me the word Were(As in werewolf,cat ect) alone will get them here

Yes! Were- is a great word. Everyone loves werewolves and there’s no Choice of the Werewolf game yet, so all those folk who’ve watched Twilight and Teen Wolf and who roll their eyes and say “it’s not like that” will be drawn in. And everyone knows that cats are better than dogs so Werecat’s going to have twice the appeal. Right? :slight_smile:

Don’t give up!

I’d pay to see a werecow.

Plus we have a sub-reddit for ChoiceofGames, REDDIT’S GONNA LOVE THIS!

@FairyGodfeather

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is the syntax highlighter? o.O

No what would be stupid is not asking the question.

You do need to download notepad++ first to make it work. They’re both really, really helpful.

Code…I just looked it up

@FairyGodFeather

Ah, thank you very much! :smiley: