Wellspring : Origin

ah i see well since you said you wouldn’t mind spoiling…1. is the absorb ability basically the all powerful power in the story? If im guessing correctly you would be able to absorb raw energy from the environment to empower yourself physically while also being able fire it back out ?(i.e kinda like an energy beam/ solar beam)
2. Is there a path in the game were we can be this insanely powerful person that stays to themselves and only gets involved in worldly conflict when necessary? Kinda be the silent stay to yourself with no hidden agenda, but just kinda “naturally” gets dragged into conflict?

P.S. I really enjoy the demo and can’t wait to use all the powers!

@jmar All of the abilities have an equal chance of reaching the upper levels of power. Disaster Class (I assume this is the level you are seeking) is a possibility in this game, but there a very specific paths you have to take to achieve this, and they won’t be easy. Wellspring : Origin is the first part of a trilogy. The Absorb ability allows the user to absorb kinetic energy, and re-purpose it in a manner of their choosing (an example of this would be Valerie Prime). You may indeed choose to be alone, and after your time at the academy has ended, there will be very few “forced” conflicts. You will have more freedom over how you spend your time.

These questions were fairly general, so I don’t mind answering on the main thread. However, for more specific or detailed information, please inquire via PM and I will be happy to answer. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

So I have a question about Valerie prime specifically. Does absorb have like a limit to how much energy you can take cause I have been thinking of how to beat Valerie prime and the only idea’s I can come up with are knock her out in one hit or overload her power till she can’t take anymore.

" Because Infinity is too much even for your appetite"

1 Like

@Nomad33810 Anyone using the Absorb ability will know how to regulate the amount of energy being absorbed. They would simply discharge the excess.

3 Likes

Then does the absorb ability work automatically or does the user have to focus on what they want to absorb. And does the ability make the user tired so could I outlast Valerie prime then attack her.

1 Like

Try poison it works on everyone

3 Likes

@Nomad33810 Initially all abilities take great effort to control, and are clumsy at best. However, once the user’s education has been completed, their abilities function almost as effortlessly as breathing, or walking. It is not something you generally have to think about. It is very dangerous to fight individuals with absorption type abilities head on, unless your ability generates attacks that cannot be absorbed.

4 Likes

Like face punches?

1 Like

Absorption types will render face punches useless as the kinetic energy would be absorbed on contact, and repurposed.

1 Like

The only option to defeat/kill an absortion type is suffocation and poison it seems then.

1 Like

That’s the thing I have already decided that my character my first play through will be a villain and I want to fight Valerie prime so badly because I think it would be a epic fight.

1 Like

@Nomad33810 Valerie Prime is not only powerful, she is also wily. She has been alive a very long time, yet does not seem to age. Her ability constantly revitalizes and fortifies her body. No one is sure how old she truly is, but it is apparent that she has survived countless battles.. If a fledgling villain wishes to best her in single combat, They will need masterful control of their abilities/skills, high intelligence, luck, and a bit of secret knowledge.

@Nazroth Any number of abilities (in theory) could defeat a high caliber absorption type. Poison and suffocation are indeed good choices. Also consider psychological attacks such as overwhelming fear, or neurological attacks such as shutting down bodily functions. I doubt that such an individual would last very long in the vacuum of space, should they suddenly be repelled by gravity. Perhaps special weapons could be created that counteract absorption. It would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if this person was forced into servitude as a puppet. Just a thought.

3 Likes

People are already making themselves rivals? I guess I’m the only one who wants to turn the planet into a lifeless husk ;p

1 Like

@Blmc000 since Valerie Prime sounds like the strongest person in your universe at the moment, would there be an option for us to train directly under her to gain power?..{and maybe decide later in life to fight her}

1 Like

@jmar Valerie Prime is not the strongest. She is one of several Elite Class individuals. Dreadnaught is Disaster Class, which is many times stronger.

1 Like

Ouuuuu I see I see

1 Like

So I have a question about gravity manipulation would someone be able to cause only part of a person’s body to get really heavy like if they threw a punch at you and you made the gravity on their arm 100x greater.

3 Likes

But a previous comment brought a good point would it be possible for us to be a side kick.

1 Like

I know this may seem odd but how do you feel about maybe our powers changing the way we look like physically? But like it could be optional.

1 Like