Wellspring : Origin

I am currently reviewing previous interactions between the MC and the NPCs, and building the subsequent dialogue. If you all would be so kind, I would appreciate some feedback specifically regarding the MCs responses. In addition to the poll, please post any related feedback. Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

• There is no need for improvement.
  • Interpersonal interactions are of no interest to me.
  • I would like more control over the MC’s responses.
  • My control over the MC’s responses is sufficient.
  • I would like to see more non verbal options.
  • I would like to see more verbose options.
  • I do not feel represented by the dialogue provided. (Please explain in a reply, or via PM)
  • I feel forced into interactions that I would otherwise avoid. (Please explain in a reply, or via PM)
  • I feel that, given the length of the story thus far, there have not been enough interactions.

0 voters

1 Like

A bit confused. Was there an update I missed? From what I’ve played so far, your character only has 2-3 actual times they interact with anyone. 2 with Qin (the one you can make a boy or girl) and your roommates where you introduce yourself. You can get one more depending on how you allocate your day but it’s not like you have a ton of times to gauge the type of character you want through dialogue options, at least for me.

I’d imagine we’d need a few more times to talk with them

There has not been a recent update. I am in the process of coding the remainder of MC’s time at the academy, and while fine tuning dialogue, some possible opportunities for improvements occurred to me. The purpose of the poll is to gauge the direction and styling of the MC’s responses/reactions thus far. There are selections within the current narrative that inform the reader of their feelings, and contain predetermined reactions to outside stimuli rather than allowing the reader to choose. Additionally, as most on the forum have had experiences with other IF titles, I am curious as to whether some may prefer different types of reactions or response options (non verbal responses, more opportunities to react, response options that fit different personality types, etc.). The secondary purpose of my inquiry is related to pacing. As the poll shows, some feel that the interactions with NPC’s have been too few. This of course will change has the story progresses, however, I may adjust the pacing so that the interactions thus far don’t seem as sparse.

Contents of next update (coming soon):
Remaining simulator checks
Adjustments to power descriptions (thank you to all who provided feedback :slight_smile:)
Remainder of power development and training

13 Likes

Would water manipulation allow you to use water in all of its forms like could I make water go to sub zero temperatures?

1 Like

In the context of this game, water manipulators will not make ice or steam. However, you will be able to temporarily make water solid or create mist. With this ability (as with several others) there are several unique manifestations available to you, such as shrouding yourself in mist (permanently or temporarily), or embellishing your appearance with a prismatic glow created by the water molecules surrounding your body. These sort of affectations, should you choose to have one, will not expend your energy or require your attention.

11 Likes

Fascinating work

1 Like

Thank you.:slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing what we can become. It’s already has a strong start. My MC will probably never be rid of her psychological damage. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like what I got to read, there weren’t many problems with spelling and the story was fairly interesting

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.:slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick reply I wanted to ask which of the powers is your favourite.

1 Like

You are most welcome. It is difficult to choose, as I find that they all have interesting uses. Writing the combat scenes for each ability has been highly enjoyable, as I hope playing through them will prove to be. Certain aspects of each stand out to me, for example, the personal traveling fortress Technomancy provides, or the battle sphere used with gravity manipulation, or the Blood Puppet specialization gained with Organic Manipulation, or the Impale attack used by Wind Manipulators, or the incredible feats performed with the physical abilities, and many others (especially the disaster class abilities of each power set) . I am aware that I have not specifically answered your question, yet I am unable to choose at this time. I hope that all who play will have the same difficulty in choosing that has befallen me. It is a good thing that we are able to try them all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So as an omnicidal maniac what power set would be best for me?

2 Likes

That depends on how you prefer your mayhem to play out. Pyrokinesis, Wind Manipulation, or Water Manipulation are good choices if you wish to kill and destroy indiscriminately. Organic Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation will allow you to cause others to kill and destroy on your behalf. If you wish to be more calculating in your murderous and destructive activities, Technomancy or Gravity Manipulation will be viable options. And for a good old fashioned rampage, Absorb or any combination of physical abilities will serve you well.

4 Likes

Please do not ask that question it puts pressure on the creator and is against forum guidelines.

5 Likes

So I’m assuming if our parents sold us to a drug dealer our new job was completely innocent like selling drugs or making deliveries and not anything else huh?

Question the current demo does stop on like Day 1 right? Seeing all this talk about how certain power choices do certain things is making me nervous.

1 Like

@GenecoInheritor very few days are spent with the drug dealers before being taken to the child labor house, so there is not enough time to participate in any activities. Initially, I had a fleshed out drug dealer story branch (among others) that was removed.

@HorseDude The current demo accounts for roughly a third of the story. The next update will bring the progress to just over half. Initially I was making fairly regular updates. As I now have received sufficient general feedback (thank you forum :slight_smile: ), I can proceed with larger portions of the story, and at times, request more specified feed back (though any and all feedback is still welcome and appreciated). I hope to have this project completed and submitted before the end of the year. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

@jmar The demo indeed ends with day one. The other information has been divulged as the result of spoiler requests.

I am always happy to provide any information requested of me, and grateful for all feedback. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh then murder suicide is probably more traumatic I’ll stick with it.

2 Likes

Ahh, thanks for the info, goodluck finishing the game, it looks really good

2 Likes