Wayhaven Chronicles Fanwork! Everyone's art in the first post!

It’s honestly the first thing that came to mind after I drew the face. xD

1 Like

My shameless Wayhaven-fangirling made my friend play it too, and she was inspired to draw amazing fanart about UB and her detective! I won’t upload the pictures here, but please check out her tumblr and consider liking/reblogging them (or if you comment anything here, I will let her know). :slightly_smiling_face:

Starring: “Honestly guys are you vampires or something?”, Felix is Very Considerate of team leader’s feelings and NO FOOD NO DRINKS.

I love them so much. :heart:

25 Likes

Oh god I hit my max likes!!!

Noooooo, but I loved your comic so much!!! T_T

2 Likes

I am laughing so hard at Mason’s smoke. Even the smoke is pissed off, brilliant :laughing:

4 Likes

So…I attempted to do a thing. I kept the MC’s gender vague, but you all know she’s a lady. :stuck_out_tongue: Blurred just in case. Should be fine though.

“So we just knock on a few doors and ask if they’ve seen anything weird. Quick and easy.” The detective offers, tossing the cranky looking vampire walking by their side a half-hearted smile. Ava frowns. “ Don’t be so worried, it should be fine. I mean-“ The detective quickly lowers their voice. “Most people don’t believe in werewolves. They’d probably just think it was a weirdly big dog or a bear something.” Ava’s frown deepens. “If I recall, you didn’t take very much convincing, detective.” She mutters. The detective winces at the formal tone. You can call me by my name you know. You’ve done it before. “Well, I mean…I did see a massive gaping wound on your arm heal in a couple seconds. I would probably have been a bit harder to convince otherwise.” There’s a brief silence, followed by a reluctant nod from the vampire. “That’s fair.” The detective smiles. “Anyway, the area’s pretty nice. A bit more upperscale than most of Wayhaven. I’m sure someone there saw something…and It’ll be nice to show you more of the town. I feel like you guys have only seen the more…uh…weird side of things.”

“Uh, Ava?”
The detective pauses, glancing to the side to suddenly realize they’re alone. “Oh geez, uhm…Ava? Please don’t tell me I got you lost…” Nervously the detective starts to backtrack until they see a sight that momentarily stops their heart.
Ava. Kneeling on the ground.
…petting a kitten…and smiling?
Yep. Ava is lightly stroking a little orange cat, a soft smile on her face. After the detective’s mind reboots they barely suppress a squeal. OHMYGODTHAT’STHECUTESTTHINGI’VEEVERSEEN! Unfortunately before the detective can properly decide if it’s worth the risk of trying to take a picture, the little kitten gives Ava a final meow and strolls off. Ava smiles after the little cat before standing, brushing herself off, and turning to the detective. “…What’s wrong?” She asks, brow creasing to find the detective staring at her with wide eyes and a slight blush, which quickly turns into a full blown one. “N-nothing! Just uh, I thought I lost track of you for a second, didn’t want you getting lost or whatever. Heh.” Ava frowns slightly, confusion written on her face. “…Well…should we continue, detective?” The detective jumps slightly. “Yes! Of course, long day ahead, longer if we don’t get moving.” As the two start walking again the detective smiles to themselves. Well, even if we don’t find out any information, I’d say today was successful.

…After I found out that A is a cat person I had to do something. Can you tell who my favorite of UB is?

23 Likes
MY HUSBANDO

Ha ha Send Help

34 Likes

Dude, that’s like, super nice. :smiley:

Okay one more then I’ll stop for a bit. Detective Emma Langford in her natural state:

Fun fact, she’s only late for being early.
Also…I remember why I don’t usually draw full bodies.

18 Likes

Never stop! There is no such thing as too much fan art :two_hearts:

5 Likes

This is my first post on this forum in a while…

Here’s some fan art of my male detective Vincent!

My God this looks so awkward. Drawing on a tablet is not my strong suit. lol :joy:

19 Likes

Had no idea this thread existed until @spuarelyblue asked about it in the main discussion chat just now…
Anyway, here is Morgan (the way I see her), I doodled her last weekend.

72 Likes

/Tries to throw out hundreds of likes to all of these and runs out!!/

Aah, you guys, these are so awesome! I love seeing how you view the characters, and also your Detectives! I’m so excited seeing all of this I’m buzzing :smiley:

33 Likes

So I hold absolutely no artistic ability, so can I potentially request a kind soul to take pity on me to draw my MC? His name is Maou Yuusha (Don’t ask why, I just have gotten into a kick of using that name sequence), he has gray eyes, black hair kept short, and wears the subdued waistcoat, shirt, jeans combo. I also imagine him wearing glasses and keeping his pistol in a shoulder holster. If someone could help, I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Well, I’m not very good at drawing, but if someone does do it, should they assume that your MC is asian because of the name?

Artistic skills can be learned. If it’s something you’re interested in, drawing is very much a skill like any other, and I’d be happy to refer you to some excellent resources to help you get started.

On a personal note regarding art requests...

While I won’t say you can’t ask if anyone wants to do things like this, however, I will say that many artists do not take requests, quite specifically because there is a popular outlook in many places that art isn’t work and that the time and labor that go into both mastering the skill sufficiently to be able to deliver on a mental image, especially a vague one, and the resources involved in the creation of art - and make no mistake, there are a lot of resources involved, and they can get very costly - are not worth paying for, which is blatantly incorrect. Many artists, in my anecdotal experience, end up feeling used, taken advantage of, or expected to deliver on art requests, because so many people make them casually and without regard to the fact that it is work, or even become offended when an artist implies that their time and effort are worth money. You can make requests, but I really strongly recommend being very careful with it, as it can be a very touchy subject.

13 Likes

No, they’d be white.

See!? I can draw characters besides Felix!

Adam frustrates me because he is everything I love in a character (grumpy grumps who are also really cute) but everything I am not good at drawing (muscles and really short hair) but if I wasn’t going to draw him being both flustered and angry then WHO WOULD?!

I did cheat with his hair cuz I think its supposed to be a buzz cut but I caaaaaan’t, I’m sorry.

30 Likes

Don’t feel bad, Mewsly. I had to cheat on his hair, too. XD

2 Likes

My first try at a haiku-style poem. Pretty obvious, who it’s about. :smirk:

Piercing Grey Suns burn
To sear or tend? I’m ablaze
My heart beats, unsealed

They would probably hate it, but at least they can’t read minds :smiley:

12 Likes

To avoid further clogging up the main Wayhaven thread I figured I’d put this on AO3 even though it’s freeform not-fic. this is very much nsfw, just sayin’. sweet as sugar, aka my thoughts on Keiji/Tahir/Mason and biting/blood drinking

also @ceecrab, just gonna tag you cause you said you wanted me to tag you if I ever put up more keiji/tahir content (even though i’m… pretty sure this isn’t what you had in mind)

6 Likes